Theory on Sugar Free Items

I have this bizarre theory that the government is planning to replace EVERYTHING with sugar free stuff. The idea behind it is that they want us to become so stupid that we can’t make our own decisions. Aspartame which is a key ingredient, is found in anything that is sugar free and what it does it eat away at your brain until basically you can’t think. They want to control us a lot easier so this is how they will do it. What can we do? We can’t stop them unless we start growing our own food. But even so it won’t work. This is what I think and unless I’m proven wrong I’m sticking with this idea. Yeah America is fat, SO WHAT. Worry about other shit first before you start insulting your own damn country. Oh wait, that’s right Obama could care less about us, government included.:angry26:

1 Like

The best way, imo, to make sure something is sugar free and healthy is to cook it yourself. You just don’t add sugar or any of it’s substitutes. Simple really…

Sugar is bad for you, along with all of its substitutes. STAY AWAY

…But sugar free things taste less good than things loaded with sugar. How can one possibly expect me to give up my destructive soda habit?

[quote=“Maylar, post:2, topic:40521”]
The best way, imo, to make sure something is sugar free and healthy is to cook it yourself. You just don’t add sugar or any of it’s substitutes. Simple really…

Sugar is bad for you, along with all of its substitutes. STAY AWAY
[/quote]Well, sugar is not bad for you. The over use of sugar is bad for you. As with anything God created, excess is usually a bad thing. Everything in moderation is meet in the eyes of God. (My words, not His).

3 Likes

As somebody who isn’t religious… this argument was about as convincing as Obama claiming he is running the most transparent government ever.

What you could have said was that the brain needs sugar to function in small amounts. However the sad fact is people tend to over-consume massive quantities of sugar without even knowing it. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the average American consumes 156 pounds of added sugar per year. That’s five grocery store shelves loaded with 30 or so one pound bags of sugar each. And I could link you research that all that sugar is turning people into literal addicts without them realizing it. It futz with your brain, and your liver hates the stuff. Artificial sweeteners are being shown to be no better.

You want to eat a healthy amount of sugar? Eat your fruits. Otherwise your just becoming an addict.

No one asked you to eat sugar free items. I wrote about how it’s bad for you. It’s actually worse than regular sugar. Sugar in general is bad for you if eaten too much.

I am neither trying to convince you, nor am I refuting that sugar can be bad for you. I do not care on iota, of what convinces you. Sorry, I speak my mind, and if you want to compare it to Obozo transparency, fine. I am merely stating the truth, as I know it. As a Christian, I view things through that perspective. Don’t like it…Tough Tomatoes.
I use sugar to cook. A bit of sugar, makes things less salty. A bit of salt, makes things less sugary. OVERUSE of sugar is bad. Sugar is not bad. Inactivity is the key to obesity. I know very few ACTIVE fat people. I know loads of fat people who eat very little sugar. I know many skinny bones Jones’ who subsist on mass quantities of sugar.
Sucrose is 1/2 fructose and 1/2 carbohydrate glucose. Too much of either, and both, isn’t healthy either.
I drink virtually no soda. Maybe a 12 oz can/month, and I usually add a small bag of salted nuts, to overcome the sweetness. I eat few sweets. My idea of a sweet snack, is a cracker with peanut butter and honey. I have about 2 gallons of honey, which my wife uses to sweeten her coffee. I use no artificials.
White flour is nearly as bad as sugar. Carbs convert to sugar in the body. Simple carbs are bad for you, in large quantities.
If we want to be healthy, EXERCISE. Small amounts of anything can be exercised out. But labeling sugar to be a poison is ridiculous.
Too much of anything is bad. God tells us this, in the Bible, and has for millennia. So, once again, we take thousands of years, to prove what God has already told us. Amazing.

1 Like

My best friend is addicted to coca cola. He drinks three two liters a day and always has several 2 liters next to his bed. When he comes over to my house he asks if I have coke(which I never do) He then shows up with a couple of two liters.

“Everything in moderation” has always been my credo, as well.

Any loaf of bread I bake generally takes a tsp of sugar. W/o it, the bread would be nasty.

I also add about 1/2 - 1 tsp of sugar to my coffee. W/o it, it’s undrinkable.

Corn, carrots, and potatoes, (as you probably know), are quite high in sugar. Which is probably why adding a little salt for balance makes it taste better. (Oh no! Not that demon “salt!” lol) Spaghetti/tomato sauce would be entirely too acrid w/o a touch of sugar.

Like you, I consume maybe one sodapop a month. (But I won’t lie; I make up for it in beer.)

Still, none of us was overweight as the children were growing up. My son seems to be getting a "middle’ on him, but he’s an adult, so his own doing. Definitely not the habits he was taught at home. (Mr. 2, daughter, nor I are overweight.)

Hmm. Must be something to that “moderation” thing. Along w/exercise, of course.
Ya think?

And frankly, I don’t give a darn what other people do. I’m not about to change my habits simply because theirs are poor.

And I’m not even coming from a Christian perspective. More like a common sense perspective.

Wow. I thought I was a Pepsiholic in my Navy days, but I don’t think I drank that much. I usually had it in 12 oz. cans, and I’d probably go through about 10 or so cans on a heavy day. I eventually in my last year or so in the Navy started making a thermos of tea to cut down on the Pepsi at work. Later, I bought a second identical thermos and practically eliminated drinking anything else at work. I’m sure I cut calories way down (comparatively; I worked it out that the amount of sugar that I use in tea is probably less than half that of most carbonated beverages), and I definitely saved a good deal of money. Not sure how much caffeine I got comparatively (now I drink decaf tea).

My buddy gets crabby if he’s not near some coca cola. He was over recently and I ordered a pizza that comes with a complimentary 1 liter of RC. He was whining that it wasn’t coke. It all tastes the same to me.

1 Like

They taste different to me. My order of preference is: Pepsi, RC, Coke, and generic. And I’d drink them all. I rarely have cola now, so as to avoid the caffeine for health reasons. When I went to Navy boot camp at Great Lakes (North Chicago), the vending machines had Coke. When I was in A-school (NAS Memphis), they had Pepsi. At my FRAMP school (NAS Moffett Field; south-eastern tip of San Francisco Bay), they had Coke, but NAMTRADET (part of the schooling facility) sold Pepsi at the coffee mess, and you could buy cases of RC (which I did, since we had small refrigerators in the barracks) at the Exchange (Navy equivilent of a PX). At my permanent duty station (NAS Barbers Pt., HI), you could get Pepsi in the Exchange (I never paid any attention to whether or not they had Coke or RC), and I loved how they did the vending machines. They were generic machines, and they stocked them with both Coke and Pepsi in the same machine, and you could get whichever you wanted.

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:12, topic:40521”]
They taste different to me. My order of preference is: Pepsi, RC, Coke, and generic.
[/quote]In my carbonated beverage drinking days, I had EXACTLY the same opinion, and EXACTLY the same order of preference.

I don’t drink ANY carbonated beverages any more because carbonated beverages are a major contributor to kidney stones, and I have had some huge rocks. Once you develop a kidney stone, you are forever at high risk to develop them again. And believe me, you don’t ever want to have to pass one of these things.

They say the pain is greater than child birth. I don’t know about that, but I probably would give terrorists at Gitmo kidney stones, and have them pass them, and then tell them I will give them more if they don’t talk. I think they will talk. Ditch waterboarding. Use kidney stones.

BTW, my swearing off carbonated beverages has absolutely NOTHING to do with sugar.

A copy and paste of a post I made recently in another thread:

“Sugar free” or “low sugar” or “Fat free” or “Low fat” is generally misunderstood by most. If you have less sugar, you amp up the fat content to compensate and keep the flavor passable, thus “Sugar free” or “low sugar” is HIGH FAT. *[COLOR="#000000"](I’m talking about packaged foods, NOT cooking.)
Likewise, if you have less fat, you amp up the sugar to maintain the flavor. Thus, “Fat free” or “low fat” means HIGH SUGAR.

JoeSixpack (or I guess that would be “SallySixpack”, since gals are more conscious about their weight than guys) thinks, “Geeeezzz, this stuff is FAT FREE so I can use as much as I want to and not get any FAT.”

Let’s take salad dressing as an example (ugh, fat free salad dressing is a real maggot-gagger to me anyway.)

My wife went on a “Fat free” binge one time, and when I saw her pouring on the dressing, I shook my head. She said, “What’s wrong, it’s fat free? I can use as much as I want and still not get any fat.”

I said, “Wait a minute . . . wait a minute. Look at the label. Do you realize how much sugar you’re getting?” And she’s diabetic too.

She’s maybe 10 pounds overweight. Not enough to consider liposuction or binge diets.

The solution, to me? Just use the regular stuff, but less of it. And PUT the fork down!!! Smaller portions!!!

(As an aside, label regulations say you can label a product as “Fat free” or “Sugar free” as long as there’s less than 1 gram of the substance per serving. So, when you pour the stuff on in tons, you’re actually getting the substance anyway. That’s why I say just use the regular stuff, but less of it. And exercise, say a long walk, is part of it too. Put the fork down and get the heck off the couch!)[/COLOR]

I remember when my immediate manager suffered from kidney stones. His wife called into work on his behalf, and she said, “He either has kidney stones, or he’s in labor.”

1 Like

[quote=“Susanna, post:15, topic:40521”]
I remember when my immediate manager suffered from kidney stones. His wife called into work on his behalf, and she said, “He either has kidney stones, or he’s in labor.”
[/quote]That sounds about right.

Am I hearing people trashing Sugar…? That is gods gift to man!!!

1 Like

They used to put cocain (crack) in coke in the good old days. Do they secretly still do that? Hows that for a conspiracy? :>)

The original CocaCola was soda [ or seltzer ]water in a cough syrup which contained cocaine, concocted by a pharmacist.

[quote=“njc17, post:19, topic:40521”]
The original CocaCola was soda [ or seltzer ]water in a cough syrup which contained cocaine, concocted by a pharmacist.
[/quote]And the FDA said, “Hey, CocaCola, are you a food or a drug?” Coke decided they would be a “food” and took the cocaine out of their formula and drink.