There Is Nowhere Else To Post This

As some of you know, I am not able to post here (or anywhere) as much as I would like to.

I am upset.
Where is and why isn’t my friend patriciareed (Patsy) posting here any longer?

When the forum was down, Patsy was the only one that I could contact to see what was going on here.

She didn’t know and what shocked me was her words … “I don’t visit there much anymore”.
What happened?

Patsy was/is so nice to me.
Sent me cards when I was in hospital.
Sent me cards and her phone number, just to talk when I had my chemo.

One of the sweetest persons that I have ever met online!
What happened?

Patsy, If you read this … You are loved and I miss your posts.
Please come back.

If someone in this forum has run her off … You are a jerk … or Jerkette!:sad:

/RANT>

Miss you too PR.

I miss her company here, as well, but have no idea what happened. As I understood it, she had some health issues, herself, and thought perhaps that’s what was keeping her busy elsewhere.
(Please don’t take that as fact. It’s not. Simply the impression I got is all.)

I’ve been wondering, too.

Ditto.

I sent an e-mail. I will advise if there’s a response.

[quote=“sillipuddi, post:1, topic:46856”]
As some of you know, I am not able to post here (or anywhere) as much as I would like to.

I am upset.
Where is and why isn’t my friend patriciareed (Patsy) posting here any longer?

When the forum was down, Patsy was the only one that I could contact to see what was going on here.

She didn’t know and what shocked me was her words … “I don’t visit there much anymore”.
What happened?

Patsy was/is so nice to me.
Sent me cards when I was in hospital.
Sent me cards and her phone number, just to talk when I had my chemo.

One of the sweetest persons that I have ever met online!
What happened?

Patsy, If you read this … You are loved and I miss your posts.
Please come back.

If someone in this forum has run her off … You are a jerk … or Jerkette!:sad:

/RANT>
[/quote] Heard there was a small kerfuffle (sp?) re my absence, thought I better check in! There is not a single overriding reason I have been away from the forum for a continuing indefinite period.

Truly surprised and touched that some folks have missed my rants, and I will come back when I can but that time is not yet. So please accept both a heartfelt thanks and a heartfelt apology. Partly I was burned out which I think happens to other folks here too from time to time. Like others I was saddened by the loss of Jack, and I understand BobJam is temporarily off duty also.

Then I was struggling daily with swollen legs and ankles to keep them from “popping” open and just to keep circulation going–have congestive heart failure, but early stage so could live for yrs yet with quite good quality of life if I mind my p’s and q’s which I don’t always. Sometimes it gets out of hand. I had a part time online paying job for a few weeks which kept me sitting in front of the computer all day and wrought havoc on my feet. (Supposed to elevate them often.)

Also took time (and money from job) to make long-anticipated trip to Mackinac Island w/ old friends, including magical 24 hrs at Grand Hotel. (I felt like an overage Cinderella whose carriage would turn into a pumpkin at the end of the 24 hrs. But all that happened was that the ferry tooted its horn and I limped up the gangway and set sail for Saint Ignace.) My favorite part of the whole time on the island was falling asleep at night to the clip clop of horses going to and from the hotel’s front door, passing under my window. The most peaceful sound imaginable. [video]https://youtu.be/nhhtML3bMn8[/video]

I’m overwhelmed by the plethora of GOP candidates for the presidency. Some I can eliminate right off the bat, but that still leaves a passel of 'em. I guess the debates will shake things out to some extent.

I will try to check PMs from time to time. I wish us all a nice long spell of good health, wouldn’t that be terrific?! Thanks again for your kind wishes, and many thanks to Sillipuddi for rousing me to explain my hiatus, Patricia

Well, glad to know you’re ok, Patricia!

Patricia, all of us who love the Lord will have that sometime, sooner or later. Our friend Jack is enjoying it right now. And it’s eternal.

Hello, I am new to the forum so I can’t respond with any level of nostalgia, however, the above sentence is quite accurate, it describes how I view the Right at the moment. Every week (day?) there is a new candidate throwing their name in a hat, it seems every possible candidate seems to take shots at Jeb so how will this all shake out if he is nominated as the Republican choice? I saw Trump being interviewed on CNN after he announced, other candidates with political experience aren’t getting that level of exposure, I am not sure how Trump demands so much attention. The next president needs to be the best and brightest for the job, this is a critical moment (the issue in Greece is about to cause a major ripple), I just hope the winner of this election is truly the best for the job.

Anyways, you sound like an outspoken and concise person, I hope you are back to the forum soon. All the best.

[quote=“shockedcanadian, post:10, topic:46856”]
I saw Trump being interviewed on CNN after he announced, other candidates with political experience aren’t getting that level of exposure, I am not sure how Trump demands so much attention.
[/quote]In my opinion Trump is little more than live entertainment.

He’s a lightning rod for the GOP

I don’t know Patricia, but surprised to see CL was banned o_O

[quote=“CWolf, post:13, topic:46856”]
I don’t know Patricia, but surprised to see CL was banned o_O
[/quote]Long story there. I don’t remember if I ever posted as to why he’s no longer here. Basically, he painted lines and dared the mods collectively to cross them. I understand what his perception of many issues here are, and after becoming a mod I found that they were almost all wrong.

We go to great lengths to not ban our longtime members, but that is a double edged sword sometimes. It gives some the feeling that they can push further than they can.

He pushed too far on another mod for months, relentlessly, so I dropped the hammer. Sometimes things have to be done.
I took no pleasure in it, but at that point an impasse was reached and he would not accept the truth, which I tried to give him numerous times.

The sad thing was I was probably the one mod who was most reluctant to drop the hammer on him.

You’re next CWolf!!! O_O :ninja:

I believe that CWolf was banned once, but restored under, I think, the good graces of WIJG.

CL’s original beef was legit, but long after the fact, he refused to let it go, and, as DN said, he kept badgering one ot the mods.

[quote=“Susanna, post:16, topic:46856”]
I believe that CWolf was banned once, but restored under, I think, the good graces of WIJG.

CL’s original beef was legit, but long after the fact, he refused to let it go, and, as DN said, he kept badgering one ot the mods.
[/quote]Who was “CL”? And my selfish question is, am I next, since I’m the “wrong party” and “wrong ideology”?

CL was Conservative Libertarian; and no, you’re in not danger, and I think you know that very well. CL had the “right” ideology, just had a bee in his bonnet that he couldn’t let go of.

He had a hard time ignoring the “friendly reminders” that one of the Mods likes to send whenever they oppose an opinion, I have had words with the same Mod but kept it away from the threads unless the Mod decided to use the thread as a pulpit against me.

That is a rare situation but CL leaned on this Mod in threads all the time whether the Mod was baiting the thread or not, I think that is what caused the banning; count me as another who was sorry to see him go.

[quote=“Susanna, post:18, topic:46856”]
CL was Conservative Libertarian; and no, you’re in not danger, and I think you know that very well. CL had the “right” ideology, just had a bee in his bonnet that he couldn’t let go of.
[/quote]CL had some weird religious affiliation IIRC. I didn’t really follow him/her/it too much or know too much on that front.

As far as my wariness, a short story. Once upon a time, as all good stories, start, there was a Canadian conservative board called Freedominion. I came to them in early March 2004. They ran a thread on CBC. I had just sourced a news article that brought down www.cbc.ca/forums. The news article stated, correctly, that CBC “deferred pending moderation” the posting of any post having the words “Jew” or “Israel.” The excuse was that anti-Semites were flaming people.

I posted, on March 8, 2004 a post that said “(h)appy Purim from the J3ws to the non-J3ws.” That post was promptly deleted, giving lie to their statement that the purpose was to stop flaming. My post was innocuous. CBC’s Thomas Hutchinson did his own experiment and got a like result. I had a conference call with Mr. Hutchinson and Roy Wilson, a Canadian poster with some Jewish background. The story ran two days later, when CBC didn’t respond to a request for comments. I found out about this article, with “JBG” in it, from a posting of a link to the Freedominion thread on CBC. CBC’s board went down a few weeks later.

I received a red-carpet (for a Board) welcome to Freedominion. Over the next two years I donated about $1,000, including a gift meant to cover wedding license fees for the boards owners. In June 2006 someone started a rumor that I considered the $102 for the wedding license to be a loan, not a gift. Based on that rumor they banned me. There were also accusations that I was in cahoots with the Democratic party to take over the Freedominion board. A few weeks later they wrote my employer to the effect that I was trying to wreck the board.

Fortunately, my boss had already employed me for 20 years, but I lost certain privileges for a while. Thus I am wary when I am, politically, in the minority on a board. I am probably the only liberal Democrat here.