This Judge Belongs On The Supreme Court

Judge Roger Vinson cited multiple quotations from our Founders and a strong Constitutional basis for his decision to declare Obamacare Unconstitutional.

Judge uses Obama’s words against him - Washington Times

This is the kind of Justice we need on the Supreme Court.

I hope all the Conservative GOP candidates who are thinking about a Presidential run in 2012 are paying attention.

Concur, BUT …

This ruling all but ensures that his judicial career will go no further. He dared strike down the crowning achievement of The One. The Ds will fight any appointment to a higher court to their last breath!

That is a problem, whenever a Judge shows clear respect for the Constitution the Communist’s remember his name and use all their power to keep them from getting an up or down vote in the Senate if a President nominates them.

And if John McCain is still around he will form a “Gang of 7” to make sure they never get a vote even if the GOP has a majority.

Bad, bad memory for me.

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:2, topic:29029”]
Concur, BUT …

This ruling all but ensures that his judicial career will go no further. He dared strike down the crowning achievement of The One. The Ds will fight any appointment to a higher court to their last breath!
[/quote]The obama administration if nothing else has shown it is vindictive towards those that cross it.

You’re insufficiently cynical of D politicians, RET, :biggrin: .

The obama administration if nothing else has shown it is vindictive towards those that cross it.

O will be out of the WH by January, 2017. It’s Congressional who will ensure Judge Vinson won’t advance to the appellate court or Supreme Court. Not unless the Rs can get a large enough majority of conservatives to overcome the combined opposition of the Ds and the RINOs.

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:5, topic:29029”]
You’re insufficiently cynical of D politicians, RET, :biggrin: .

O will be out of the WH by January, 2017. It’s Congressional who will ensure Judge Vinson won’t advance to the appellate court or Supreme Court. Not unless the Rs can get a large enough majority of conservatives to overcome the combined opposition of the Ds and the RINOs.
[/quote]I heard the other day that one of the democrats said there was three branches of the government. The House ,Senate, and the president. That should be a clear sign this fool should be out of office. He probably thinks the Constitution is something that is used in the bathrooms.

Someone posted in a comment section of a newspaper that early presidents insisted that the military and merchant marines have health insurance.
Would anyone happen to know if that’s true, and/or who paid for it?

That makes sense, we have always been very grateful to those who offer their lives to securing the Nation.

The early merchant Marines faced Piracy and unpredictable weather in slow rickety ships to keep America’s commerce flowing and our military personnel have always stood in the gap between enemy weapons and the citizens.

They all earned every extension of gratitude that we afforded them. It would be quite hard to stretch this into a claim that early Presidents wanted Socialized medicine.

Compensation for doing a high risk and necessary job is different than taking over one seventh of nations economy, making all those who work in the field of medicine government slaves and forcing the productive populace at gunpoint to pay for others health care costs who contribute nothing but a drain on everyone else.

That’s the way I looked at it, RET, but now the word the guy used finally comes to mind. He said “required”. Which left me w/the impression that he meant for the reader to believe the military/merchant marines purchase insurance on their own dime.
I have a hard time buying that one.

That was Sen. Chuck Schumer.

[quote=“SuddenImpact, post:10, topic:29029”]
That was Sen. Chuck Schumer.
[/quote]I know