This site is both a political and social conservative board but...

Nobody talks politics and all they talk about in religion. Simple question to every poster here do you know politics or care about what’s going on in our country and around the world enough to say something other than this President is an idiot despite it being true? Any subjects that just irk you? If so, you want to make this a very popular board you better start talking about it. The elections are 1 month away and I’d be questing the lack of political discussion as I’m sure many others are.

Washington, In my short time here, I believe that my political posts probably out number all of my others.
(Even the inane variety) :yes:

It seems that, like me, a lot of folks are putting their faith in their God and religious beliefs than they are in government.
(as it should be)

I, for one believe the ‘system’ to be so corrupted that regardless of how you vote … the results will continue to be the same.

More government and along with it more and more corruption until the whole sordid mess collapses!

I was shocked when I found that the very few congress critters that I believed to be true conservatives (Here, where I live) where actually … just better at hiding who they actually were!

Mark Levin told us about this website that is fairly new (I think?), a website that keeps watch and actually scores your congress critters on their conservative record and even gives you their voting records!

It’s a free site and you can check the basic scores of your reps but for a more complete record they want you to sign up.

It is free and Mark Levin endorsed.

As I said, more folks (at least on here) are trusting in their God more than the god of the uninformed … Big Government!

There I go … looks like I’m preaching again! :embarrese

The web site: https://www.conservativereview.com/

If anyone finds an interest in the site I posted, you don’t have to do a search by name on the state you choose.

Just select the state and click the search button and all the reps will show.

It is a very good information site and will be useful in the upcoming elections.

Well, there’s your answer!:flag:

People actually respond in the Religion forum!
(Including the original thread starter):yes:

It’s been almost three hours since you asked the above questions … I have responded ‘twice’, (now three times) and even you, the original poster haven’t responded?

If the board indicator that you are online is correct then even you don’t care for political talk!?

Far as I can tell, you’ve been online every since you posted?:sad:

(I bet you’re in the arcades) 8)

Lol, I like you silli. No, I was watching Dontes peak and the ending where the volcano explodes was very very captivating. Love the suspense. I don’t play games or like you said Arcades. I do better things with my time like figuring out how to grow my business and which city in Texas to move it to. How to create jobs and the opportunity for financial security for anybody who walks into my business looking for a job. Anyways, I’m a pretty busy guy that get’s to do whatever he wants and works whenever he wants as every business owner who has worked as hard and who has been through like me has a right to do.

I was watching the movie and figured out a way to save $5,000 a month. I think better when watching movies.

I can sertainly understand this way of thinking for elderly people. However, I’m 28 and hopefully I have a long life ahead of me. Serious question - I’m probably the youngest here but is it by 50 years or something? There’s a huge age gap here. When I visit the religion forum I get the impression that people there are preparing for their death. Kinda drastic, but kinda reality. Anyways,

I believe that AMAZING changes and HUGE reversals are possible in a very SHORT period of time with a new presidents and full GOP control. I understand that you all are against the establishment and so am I, but the difference is I seem to be the only one here who realizes they have to lean way more to the right to tackle the debt problem that they have expressed severity in, which automatically means smaller government, which HEY! Is EXACTLY what you all conservatives and tea partyrs want. We will all be happy I a very short period of time. BTW shorter that 2 years or 2016. More like beginning of next year.

With all the SERIOUS major F ups that has directly hurt most Americans pocket books and sense of security (ISIS) and many scandals and the death of an ambassador that was covered up by the President which EVERYBODY knows he did it, you guys actually think the GOP congress wont impeach him out of office. I said this before and I was right and aI’ll say it again. Obama’s own party wants him gone. He’s a sitting duck anyways. We will get the 6 or so votes we need from the other side to kick him out and if not he will be impeached and powerless and become so meaningless that he will resign to save face.

I have many reasons to be hopeful for this country and it’s due to me knowing politics.

Thank you for that piece of information Silli.

Don’t worry Washington i am younger than you.

Oh! It’s a Miracle! How old are you? Under 25?

Washington, I am ‘much’ older than you but I gotta say that I feel almost like a newborn!

I’ve got no hair, no teeth and I think I just wet myself. :yes:

3 Likes

BTW Washington … I discovered dirt!:sad:

1 Like

Do you wear a diaper? At your age I’d consider it. It’s that time. Hey I love old people that have young personalities. Really, LIVE your life and enjoy it. It says that in the bible.

You don’t work for the EPA do you?

He said he DISCOVERED dirt…not exercise control over it.

It was a joke. See the EPA measures dust or dirt particles in the air at farmers properties and if it’s to high they get fined. Newt Gingrich exposed this during the primary’s.

[quote=“Washington, post:15, topic:44815”]
It was a joke. See the EPA measures dust or dirt particles in the air at farmers properties and if it’s to high they get fined. Newt Gingrich exposed this during the primary’s.
[/quote]Do you have a cite for the exact statement Gingrich makes on this? I’d like to see it.

[quote=“BobJam, post:16, topic:44815”]
Do you have a cite for the exact statement Gingrich makes on this? I’d like to see it.
[/quote]As we wrote when the issue was raised by Newt Gingrich during a Republican presidential primary debate in 2012, the EPA is required by the Clean Air Act to periodically review the standards for particulate matter to make sure that they are in line with current science.

Fact check: Pryor ad distorts facts on EPA, farm dust

GINGRICH: If you look at the EPA’s record, it is increasingly radical. It’s increasingly imperious. It doesn’t cooperate, it doesn’t collaborate and it doesn’t take into account economics. The city of Nashville recently had a dump that was cited by EPA. They went down to find out, what was it being cited for? And they told them, frankly we don’t know. We can’t find the records that lead to this citation and we’re not exactly sure what it referenced. But it must be bad or we wouldn’t have sent it out.
(LAUGHTER)
GINGRICH: In Iowa they had a dust regulation underway because they control particulate matter. I do agree on clean air. There are things they should do that are right. But dust in Iowa is – is an absurdity. And they were worried that the plowing of a cornfield would leave dust to go to another farmer’s cornfield. And they were going to – they were planning to issue a regulation. In Arizona they went in on the dust regulation and suggested to them that maybe if they watered down the earth, they wouldn’t have these dust storms in the middle of the year. And people said to them, you know the reason it’s called a desert.

Republican Debate Transcript, Concord, New Hampshire, January 2012 - Council on Foreign Relations

U.S. farmers oppose EPA’s proposed dust regulation | Reuters

1 Like

Thank you. Saved me some work.

[quote=“samspade, post:17, topic:44815”]
GINGRICH: In Iowa they had a dust regulation underway because they control particulate matter. I do agree on clean air. There are things they should do that are right. But dust in Iowa is – is an absurdity. And they were worried that the plowing of a cornfield would leave dust to go to another farmer’s cornfield. And they were going to – they were planning to issue a regulation. In Arizona they went in on the dust regulation and suggested to them that maybe if they watered down the earth, they wouldn’t have these dust storms in the middle of the year. And people said to them, you know the reason it’s called a desert
[/quote]Washington,

Not defending the EPA by any stretch (see the “Gridlock” blog, and in particular my comments on Arizona “haze”), but I see nothing in Gingrich’s statement about “fines”.

Granted, that COULD have been an outcome of the regulation in Iowa (which, BTW, Gingrich referred to as “planned”), and it’s not even clear if he is talking about an Iowa local reg or an EPA reg (the EPA doesn’t make regs for specific states . . . it can’t . . . it can only attempt to force fed regs on a state that’s not following them).

I don’t see Gingrich’s statement that EPA regs are “an absurdity” as him saying anything remarkable or original.

He’s stating the obvious to me and a lot of others. Big whup.

1 Like

What do you think happens when you disobey regulations?