This site is both a political and social conservative board but...

[quote=“Washington, post:20, topic:44815”]
What do you think happens when you disobey regulations?
[/quote]A fine isn’t automatic. You can easily get a “Notice to Comply” and 14 days to come into compliance (when I was a regulator, I issued plenty of these instead of “Notices of Violation”.)

Even if an operator gets a Notice of Violation, it’s up to the agency Investigators whether or not to administer a fine. Very often, I saw them forgive the fine in lieu of other action.

If Gingrich presented a unique remark on something, I would sit up and take notice. But calling an EPA regulation “an absurdity” is neither unique nor noteworthy. It’s plain vanilla and ho-hum.

You have got to be joking. Your missing the point. Just because you “could” be fined is the absurdity. Just because it’s a regulation is absurdity with the factor of wind. Wow…

There does seem to be a lot of wind blowing around here…

1 Like

Yeah, I just celabrated a birthday and went to this sushi place and have been blowing holes in my shorts all day. Should have just went to Taco bell.

[quote=“Washington, post:22, topic:44815”]
You have got to be joking. Your missing the point. Just because you “could” be fined is the absurdity. Just because it’s a regulation is absurdity with the factor of wind. Wow…
[/quote]I’m trying to figure out just what it was you think I said that was a “joke”. NONE of it was. I was dead serious.

Do you dispute that violations do not always result in fines?

Or, and this seems to be the most likely guess, but I’m not sure because of your cryptic response:

Are you saying that Gingrich was the ONLY ONE (thus his utterance was “unique”), or even the FIRST ONE, to say that certain EPA regs were “an absurdity”?

The bold - No, he just pointed out the most absured one.

My point was violations do occure. All it takes is 1 of these farmers to be fined for this for it to be absurd.

I really am in shock that you would not denounce a regulation this stupid and that could be called on EVERY farmer, basically till they a bankrupt. I give up i simply do not know what to say to that. You of all people should understand the liberals overreach of power; especially through the EPA.

[quote=“Washington, post:26, topic:44815”]
The bold - No, he just pointed out the most absured one
[/quote]I don’t have the “absurdometer” that apparently you and Gingrich have. Most are absurd, but which one is “more” absurd than another is subjective to the rest of us.

My point was violations do occure. All it takes is 1 of these farmers to be fined for this for it to be absurd
[/quote]Why is it even necessary for a violation to occur to consider the regulation absurd?

I really am in shock that you would not denounce a regulation this stupid and that could be called on EVERY farmer, basically till they a bankrupt. I give up i simply do not know what to say to that. You of all people should understand the liberals overreach of power; especially through the EPA.
[/quote]Where are you getting this nonsense? Obviously, you didn’t read “Gridlock” closely enough . . . or perhaps didn’t even understand it.

Here’s an excerpt for you that may help you understand why I say your statement directly above is nonsense:

Secondly, EPA has “visual pollution” regulations . . . “haze” is actually NATURAL here in Arizona . . . the high winds blow sand haze here in the desert (another “Duhhhh . . .” for the EPA.) So the EPA has implemented regulations requiring Power Plants here in the desert to retrofit in order to minimize “visual pollution” from their stacks and cooling towers.

Now the ADEQ (“Arizona Department of Environmental Quality“) has exempted desert areas of Arizona (which, except for urban areas like Phoenix, is most of the state) from the “haze” rules . . . precisely because ADEQ KNOWS how things work here in Arizona. The ADEQ said to EPA, “NO!” Once again, the EPA exhibiting that juvenile behavior, sued the ADEQ, and found a leftist judge to uphold their position. Consequently, our electric rates are soon going to skyrocket. And the wind will still blow the sand particles here in the desert and we’ll still have . . . HAZE.

Gridlock anyone? I’m all for it to slow down what has become a runaway train of regulations that are written on stacks of paper that will soon exceed the height of the Washington Monument.

Are you screwing with me? Seriously. Stop. i told you if you can’t see that this regulation shouldn’t be in the EPA and be a regulation then the heck with trying to convince you. I’m all done. You ask way to many questions. 80% of them you don’t even need to ask.

Good Lord…toilet humor…unique. :no:

I’ll level with you. I had a horrible day yesterday. I’ve been going through family problems. I have no loving relationship with my family due to them stabbing me in my heart to many time after I poured out my heart so many times. It’s painful for me, because despite all that they have done family is important to me. My father is really just my employee and he’s the only one I see. My sisters B-day was yesterday and she loves sushi. I decided to give her a shot another chance and tried to be there for her B-day and she treated me terribly. And to top it off so did my other sister. If I told you all I’ve done and the abuse I’ve been through you’d be shocked and question why I still try. Last night I almost lost it here because I’m going through a lot. I apologize and I’m trying to show humility here, CT, to you.

I have a lot of responsibility right now and it’s just going to get more intense. I’ll explain why in my next thread.

The fact is, there should BE no “regulations” issued by any of the executive branch’s alphabet agencies…EVER! An “rule” that is put in place by the bureaucrats MUST have the force of law to be effective and ONLY Congress can pass “laws.” Congress simply does NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY to subordinate ITS authority in making laws to unelected bureaucrats…PERIOD…even though they’ve been doing it for going on 90 years now.

2 Likes

This is not a criticism but an observation.

1. The world is in flames.

2. You can count the hours until one of the most important elections of our lifetimes.

3. We have a president who makes many African and Banana Republic dictators look good.

and…

The most active threads are nit-picking Old Testament precepts, anything to do with homosexuals and sparing with atheist trolls on ridiculous pointless philosophic topics.

He was immature and occasionally rude but I miss Brewer/Washington.

Well, I did what I could. I voted today and Senator Roberts’ reelection was key in the Republicans taking the senate. While looking at the ballot listing of Orman and Roberts, I resisted the temptation to write in Alex Gordon. I did my duty.

1 Like

McConnell is going to lead with Boehner, both are still committed to destroying the Constitution with Obama.

I watched these two pour ice water on the Tea Party Revolution in 2010 by first refusing to do everything they promised during the campaign and then finally turning on the Tea Party directly, history will repeat itself because these two and the Establishment GOP they serve have chosen their course.

That is why there is not more activity on the election threads, this site has a high percentage of members that have been paying attention for a long time so they are not near as susceptible to the emotionalism of the ignorant.

The GOP has won but the Left has not lost, I would like nothing more than to be proved wrong on this but after watching these liars for decades I am not going to pretend there is reason to think they have changed.

2 Likes

[quote=“RET423, post:34, topic:44815”]
McConnell is going to lead with Boehner, both are still committed to destroying the Constitution with Obama.

The GOP has won but the Left has not lost, I would like nothing more than to be proved wrong on this but after watching these liars for decades I am not going to pretend there is reason to think they have changed.
[/quote]I saw in the comments of some article where the writer claimed McConnell was a teaparty member. That shows how out of touch leftys are.

1 Like