Those 'Sticky' Tiles (and the dumb @$$ who knows nothing)

A lady friend has asked me if I could install some of those ‘sticky’ tiles in a small bathroom of hers.

I know that to someone who has done this before that it’s probably a simple job.

Problem is … I haven’t done it before!

The floor is about 7’x4’ and the tiles are 12 inch square.

If you can tell from my amateur like pictures … Where would you suggest that I start?

Front door area?
Around the toilet bowl?

Also, is there an easy way to put the tile around the toilet bowl ‘without’ having to remove it (the bowl)?

Any help or suggestions would surely be a Big help and appreciated!

http://s8.postimage.org/myv5h6n7p/025.jpg</p>

http://s8.postimage.org/6qex7pedh/026.jpg</p>

I can’t say as I have laminated, but here is something by This Old House magazine: How to Lay a Vinyl Tile Floor | Step-by-Step | All Floors | Flooring | This Old House - Introduction

Take the center of the room and snap a line the 7 foot length Start from the back of the toilet coming forward. [This keeps you from walking on the tile until thay are finished.] Keep the plywood clean [ brushing it as you go, and damp wiping it] find a hand roller, and roll each tile in place.
Now just a warning, sticky tiles are not that sticky and if you have an uneven floor they will pop up and crack. I personally hate the things but it’s the handymans thing.

You’d be far better off pulling the toilet and vanity, and using roll linoleum. Lasts longer and looks better. Toilet and vanity removal aren’t hard at all, nor is replacement…just need a new wax ring.

[quote=“njc17, post:3, topic:38140”]
Take the center of the room and snap a line the 7 foot length Start from the back of the toilet coming forward. [This keeps you from walking on the tile until thay are finished.] Keep the plywood clean [ brushing it as you go, and damp wiping it] find a hand roller, and roll each tile in place.
Now just a warning, sticky tiles are not that sticky and if you have an uneven floor they will pop up and crack. I personally hate the things but it’s the handymans thing.
[/quote]I also found that when one gets close to the walls it is a good idea to do some planning rather than have these little strips along the edge if you want it to look nice.

Tip for making perfect cut tiles.
When you don’t have an even 12" left in a row…then you have to cut a tile to fit.
Take the tile you want to cut and lay it on top of the existing last tile. Then shove another tile into the remaining space to it overlaps the tile you want to use.
Scribe where the overlap is on the tile you want to use and make your cut there. You’ll have a perfect fit.

I want you all to know how much I appreciate your help on this topic.

I decided to leave it in better hands than mine!

You folks are “The Best”!

Thank You