Thousands of atheists gathering in DC for Reason Rally

At Reason Rally in DC, atheists plan to get political - CNNPolitics.com

Why are atheists so threatened by religion, primarily Christianity? If atheists don’t want to believe, why can’t they just go about their lives and not believe? Maybe I should spend all my time protesting against vegans, because I eat meat. Maybe I should spend my time organizing anti-Niburu rallies, because I don’t believe in ancient aliens.

Reminds me of a couple of things. One I saw on FB was the two premises of atheism:

1. God does not exist.
  2. I hate him.

The other is a quote from Dr. Ravi Zacharias (I may not have gotten it word for word):

“If you are an atheist, it is not for intellectual reasons, but for moral reasons.”

Well, Christians and the Christian faith have been the object of hatred through the years since Christ died on the Cross. I believe it comes from fear. It is much easier to do whatever we want than to curb our passions according to the Laws of God. People don’t like being told what to do. We inherited that from Adam and Eve. (Yes, I do believe Adam and Eve were real people…) I am not saying that atheists are amoral. I’m saying that they base their beliefs on man instead of God. They can be much better humans than some Christians are, but that’s not going to bring them happiness or fulfillment. That doesn’t answer the questions that have been asked since the beginning of Creation. And so, they feel they have to join forces and march on Washington. For what possible purpose? To make themselves known? We already know them. I just don’t get it.

Funny thing is, there is an organization called “Reason” that is anything but atheist. I don’t know a lot about it, but my sister is involved in it, and held a rather high position in it at one time. I think it deals mostly with Creation, and I’m not sure I buy all its premises, but everything it does is to the glory of God.

Nobody can “reason” away the FACT that we exist and don’t know the details of HOW we came to be–other than it HAD to be at the behest of an outside agent.

What makes the least sense to me about these activist atheists is that they are fighting so hard against a God they claim to believe does not exist.

There can be no such thing as an Atheist!

You Can Not ‘know’ that there is no God!

You can have doubts which would make you an Agnostic.

These ‘Atheists’ are no such thing.
They have no proof that God does not exist but at the same time want Christians to prove that he does!

I suspect that even if God himself were to show himself to them … they would still reject him!
(Sound familiar?)

They are rabble rousers who want to do away with any sense of biblical morality!

There was an atheist who used to post on another forum, and he was good at running away from logic. He declared in a forum peopled by mostly Catholics, but many other Christians, too, that he had proved by logic that God did not exist. I asked him if he knew everything, because that would be the only way he could know that God did not exist. He never responded. That was his MO whenever someone said something he couldn’t refute.

The very fact that they call themselves Atheists should be a clue to everyone that logic is an impossibility in a logical conversation about God!

I don’t think threatened is the right word, I think angered is the right word. Most atheists I’ve known don’t get in your face but some do just like some Christians are pretty obnoxious about their faith but most aren’t.

U. of Miami starts nation’s first chair for study of atheism

…the University of Miami received a donation in late April from a wealthy atheist to endow what it says is the nation’s first academic chair “for the study of atheism, humanism and secular ethics.”

…established after years of discussion with a $2.2 million donation from Louis Appignani, a retired businessman and former president and chairman of the modeling school Barbizon…

…“I’m trying to eliminate discrimination against atheists,” said Appignani, 83, a Florida resident. “So this is a step in that direction, to make atheism legitimate.”

…It took some persuading for the University of Miami to agree to create a chair with the word “atheism” in the title, according to Harvey Siegel, a professor of philosophy who helped broker the arrangement. He said that more than 15 years ago, when he was chairman of the philosophy department, he and Appignani began discussing the idea for a chair to study atheism and secularism.

“There was great reluctance on the part of the university to have an endowed chair with the word ‘atheism’ in the name, and that was a deal-breaker for Lou,” Siegel said. “He wasn’t going to do it unless it had the word atheism in it.”

U. of Miami starts nation

You expect atheists to prove a negative?

They are there to worship their god - Government.

And to force apostates to bow down to it, too.

Why not? They’re the ones claiming there is no God.

They’re claiming there’s no proof God exists, that’s a little bit different. If one has to claim that two positions are equivalent because their opposition can’t prove a negative then game over. Logic fail.

There is plenty of proof that God exists. One merely has to look around. If you’ve studied ancient civilizations at all, you know that mankind has always believed there to be a God. Their names may differ, but mankind knows instinctively (maybe that’s the wrong term to use, but it’s early) that there HAS to be Something or Someone greater than himself. And there is plenty of evidence of a Creator in nature all around us.

I don’t understand how an atheist can demand “proof” that God exists while believing there is no proof that God exists. Circular reasoning. In any case, I have met many atheists in my lifetime who are just as dedicated to their belief that there is no God as I am that there is. Neither of us understands the other. I guess that’s the way it will have to be.

Great, supply it.

Step outside and look around you.

That would prove the existence of God? This is exactly why some atheists have had it with some Christians.

So explain all that without God.