Time to pay the piper Tawana

Tawana Brawley served with court order to pay man she accused of rape in 1987

Rape-hoax $lap

[LIST]
[*]By CHUCK BENNETT
[/LIST]

Infamous hoaxster Tawana Brawley — whose outrageous rape lie 25 years ago inflamed racial tensions nationwide — yesterday was finally slapped with a court order to settle a hefty defamation case against her.

“For at least 25 years, she has been living a major lie,” said former Dutchess County prosecutor Steven Pagones, who was falsely accused of raping Brawley in 1987 and finally tracked her down, thanks to The Post.

“To me, this has always been about responsibility and accountability,’’ added the former ADA, who won the $190,000 defamation lawsuit against Brawley, 40, now a nurse in Virginia, more than a decade ago.

snip’

“There is a feeling of unfinished business to it,” he said of the case that ended his career and cost him his marriage. “I look at this as another opportunity for her to tell the truth.

“People criticize me for going after a hardworking single mother trying to support herself and child. My argument has been she has not been held accountable.

“If she is not going to tell the truth, then it is about the money. That is the only way to hold her accountable,” said Pagones, who is now principal owner of a private investigations firm.

EXCLUSIVE: Tawana Brawley served with court order to pay man she accused of rape - NYPOST.com

Good for her. Hope she ends up doing time over it.

Pagones will probably get as much from her as he has from Sharpton. A special law for handling and punishing false accusers is needed … call it Tawana Brawley’s Law!

I’m with ya on that, Pete.
As has been suggested, the punishment ought to be equal to what the falsely accused would have (or did) receive(d) if convicted.

A fitting start to “Black History Month”, eh!!

:coffee_spray:

Nice catch!

Btw, I have to disagree w/Pete somewhat. No way do I want Tawanna to get the recognition for said bill.

I’d prefer her accused do.

Totally agree! I think Sharpton should have been prosecuted for his little part in this hateful lie.

As do I.
But it’d be like trying to catch Hillary w/900 FBI files.

Sharpton was, and he lost the same civil suit that has now come home to roost for Tawana Brawley herself. I believe (no kidding) that OJ Simpson’s lawyers paid Sharpton’s judgment. For me, the bigger question now is whether Reverend Al will step forward and dispatch Ms Brawley’s debt, lo these many years later.

Brawley is smarter than to expect that, [sarcasm] though she may think Obama will have the government pay or cancel her debt. [/sarcasm]

Supposedly, according to Wikipedia, she is still claiming her accusations were true. Yeah.[/total sarcasm]