2 teaspoons mustard seeds
12 sprigs fresh dill
4 cloves garlic, whole
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
1/4 cup kosher salt
2 cups rice wine vinegar
2 cups water

Special Equipment: 4 pint-sized canning jars, sterilized*

Wash the okra and trim the stem to 1/2-inch. Place 1 chile, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, 3 sprigs of dill, 1 clove of garlic and 1/4 teaspoon peppercorns in the bottom of each of 4 sterilized pint canning jars. Divide the okra evenly among the 4 jars, standing them up vertically, alternating stems up and down.

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the salt, vinegar and water to a boil. Once boiling, pour this mixture over the okra in the jars, leaving space between the top of the liquid and the lid. Seal the lids. Set in a cool dry place for 2 weeks.

Jack, I eat them on relish trays. But, my favorite way, is in a Bloody Mary, or as an olive substitute, in a Martini.
My brother , God Rest His Soul, loved to dice them up, and put them in Chicken or Tuna Salad. I expect they would be good in your wife’s potato salad, too.

Jack Note: Thanks Tiny, sounds very interesting and betcha they would be very good in potato salad and in Tuna Salad as well.

Maybe you will put some more of your best recipes here in this thread, in the coming days. Hope you do.