Todays Biggest Bombsell!!!

Why I am voting 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Party.
In 1798 George Washington said; *“The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissention, which in different ages & countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders & miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty.” *

Washington was against political parties. The First 2 parties’ Democratic-Republican and Federalist elected the next 5 Presidents. Holding power until John Quincy Adams in 1829 (32 years). The Democratic-Republican party became the Democrat Party we know today. The Republicans inside the Democratic-Republican party (to include the former President John Quincy Adams) formed the Whig Party in opposition of Democratic President Andrew Jackson saying he is “a dangerous man on horseback” with a “reactionary opposition” to the forces of social, economic and moral modernization. The Whig Party drew on drew on the Jeffersonian tradition of national unity, territorial expansion, and support for a national transportation network and domestic manufacturing. We had basically a 2 party system until this 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Party (Republican) Candidate came along with only State level experience named Abraham Lincoln in 1861. Lincoln as you know is regarded by many as one of the best Presidents this Country has ever known. He presided over a divided Country and almost lost the South (but that is another discussion). John Tyler became President on 4 April 1841 when William Henry Harrison died in Office. John Tyler while in name was expelled from the Whig because he opposed the platform and vetoed several of their proposals. His opposition to nationalism and emphatic support of states’ rights endeared him to his fellow Virginians but alienated him from most of the political allies that brought him to power in Washington. His presidency was crippled by opposition from both parties.

The Democrat and Republic parties both have the same roots the Democratic-Republican Party. Both have shifted farther left. The GOP has moved past the center to the left side verging on Liberalism. The GOP which with Reagan stood for Small Government, State rights and limited Federal power. Reagan took on OPEC and the USSR and won. A non nonsense guy; Reagan took a stand for what was right over what was best for himself. HW Bush was to the left of Reagan promising not to raise taxes (but did) and getting us into a war that gave OPEC back a lot of power. After 8 years of Clinton we had W Bush who fooled Conservatives into thinking he was a Conservative. Bush grew the Government faster than any sitting President (before Obama), took away more Liberties and amassed more Federal power than any known President. Bush showed in his second term he was no Conservative. The GOP nominates McCain as the predecessor to Bush. McCain makes no bones about it, He is farther left than Bush and proud of it. At best McCain could have been called a Moderate, but I tend to believe he is a Liberal. Now we have Romney who as Governor of Mass was by virtue of the bills he proposed and signed a Liberal. The DNC and GOP instead of opening the debate to the best possible Candidates decided they would hold it just for themselves and excluded all of the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Party Candidates.

So now I am faced with a decision. Do I again hold my nose and vote for the lesser of 2 evils or do I take my cue from our Founding Fathers? Am I a lemming that follows the pack off a cliff or am I that lion that roars defiance and stands for what is Right? Do I stand with Washington, Lincoln and Reagan or do I blindly follow a party that has said they do not want Conservatives as members any longer, that we Patriots are not welcome in the GOP? So I have decided that I will honor the wish of the GOP and I have left.

While I do not agree with Gary Johnsons drug policies or his wanting to cut the Military by 40% I know he will pull in the Paulbots and garner their vote. SO this election I am holding my nose yet again, but this time I am voting my protest and hope he gets that magic 5% so a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party cannot be excluded in 4 years. This my friends is why I am voting for Gary Johnson this election.

Hmm I was expecting a few comments on this from the usual suspects.

[quote=“Dacabeti, post:2, topic:36784”]
Hmm I was expecting a few comments on this from the usual suspects.
[/quote]Well, I respect your right to vote for Mickey Mouse, if you choose to do so. Your vote is your own, and you should not vote for anyone you do not want to vote for. I think your rationale is one of thoughtful protest, and I like that.

I don’t know why this is a bombshell. I knew you were never going to vote for Romney.