Today's Useless Information

Open a new Microsoft Word Document and write the following:

= rand (200,99)

Then press “enter” and wait 3 seconds.

It seems that not even Microsoft can explain the result.

Did you also note the number of pages?

Wow!

I think…

Nothing happened…?

It posted 7 pages worth of “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.”

Wow. That is odd. LOL Mine didn’t do nothin, but it was probably operator error. :wave:

Personally I like the Easter Egg, where you can fly a Flight Simulator in Excel 97…

7 pages? I didn’t count 'em, but at the bottom of the screen, on the last page, it said, “Page 179.”

I had 212 pages.

235 pages on mine. That is strange.

212 pages here. It’s probably dependent upon font and type settings.

I jumped the font from 10 to 14 and got 336 pages . . .

[quote=“Razor, post:1, topic:11915”]
Open a new Microsoft Word Document and write the following:

= rand (200,99)

Then press “enter” and wait 3 seconds.

It seems that not even Microsoft can explain the result.

Did you also note the number of pages?
[/quote]I tried it and I received no results.

Got 567 pages of instructions on how to use the galleries in Word.
For those who got no results, don’t put a space between the = and rand. I did that the first time and got no results.
I have Vista…that may account for a different result?

I think “rand” stands for random, and if you do it the same and get the same results, it is not random. Actually, you can’t have a true random on a computer. Even if it’s based on time, so that a different time will give you a different result. If you knew the exact time, and the calculation of the random “seed,” you could calculate it exactly every time.

:rofl: vista would account for a different result in just about everything I think.

It’s a function that repeats a phrase, the first number in parenthesis indicates the number of paragraphs and the second number (after the comma) indicates the number of sentences per paragraph.

I recall the word processor for Commodore 64 named Quick Brown Fox. This article is interesting on the origin of “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog”

OK, that’s just a little bit geeky. :geek:

Okay I tried it again and I had 576 pages

Don’t I know it! :coffee_spray:

Allthough, the one result that seems to be consistent is that my bf has to spend a few hours reloading everything…every Saturday.