Top Syrian Rebel Group Merges With Al-Qaeda in Iraq

Top Syrian Rebel Group Merges With Al-Qaeda in Iraq

One of the most prominent and powerful rebel factions fighting on behalf of the Obama administration-backed“regime change” operation in Syria formally announcedthat it was merging with al Qaeda in Iraq, sparking fresh concerns about the U.S. government arming, training, and funding the so-called “revolution.” The latest news comes on the heels of reports that the war-torn nation is on the verge of becoming a haven for Islamic extremists on par with Afghanistan and Iraq as foreign jihadists continue flooding into Syria.

Cruel, oppressive gov’t vs. Islamic fundamentalists (okay the war is far more complicated than that, but still). Does anyone actually see a happy ending for Syria?

I am sure McCain will still want to fund them. “We’re all insurgents now!”

Does anyone see a happy ending for us? I do, if we stay out of it and I don’t if we get involved in any way shape or form. But, we already have.

Not me…

I thought Al Qaeda wasn’t in Iraq?..ever?..

They poured in after Saddam was tackled.

That’s the thing about brutal murderous dictators, they prefer to keep the terrorizing exclusive to their own government.

They were there before. The actual answer is they poured in after we reduced our troop footprint.

[quote=“JStang, post:9, topic:39066”]
They were there before. The actual answer is they poured in after we reduced our troop footprint.
[/quote]Bingo, Al Qeada had training camps there
Saddam’s Terror Training Camps | The Weekly Standard

I think Syria might be better under the status quo, as awful as it is.

I’ve been wary of the Arab Spring since it began.

The main point being, Obama with his non policy has totally destroyed any semblance of Arab unity, and advancement. The whole middle east will be in flux for decades, and a lot of people will die.

It’s not the responsibility of the US to keep up Arab unity or advancement… let them develop organically, without the no-fly zones or aid to (Islamist) rebels.

Just being in the magazine founded and edited by, William Kristol, the co-founder of PNAC doesn’t make it true. The article is also dated 2006. Hasn’t a lot more come to light since then regarding this subject?