Trade of Innocents

[LEFT]**‘Trade of Innocents’ Movie: Mira Sorvino Tackles Human Trafficking in Fight For Justice (VIDEO) [

“Trade of Innocents”**](http://www.tradeofinnocentsthemovie.com/) tells a compelling story about child trafficking and the people working tirelessly to end it. The film also serves as a profound wake up call to viewers.

The thriller independent film was created by global activists Bill and Laurie Bolthouse and director Christopher Bessette, all of whom were inspired to tell the story of human trafficking after trips to Cambodia.
Jim Schmidt, a Los Angeles-based film producer and award-winning actor who has been in films such as Billy Graham’s “The Climb,” and the 1980s film “Super Christian,” signed on to co-produce “Trade of Innocents” after being approached by the Bolthouses.
Schmidt, a Christian filmmaker, previously told The Christian Post that “Trade of Innocents” depicts different aspects of child trafficking from "the mother that sacrifices one child to the sex trade in order to provide financially for the rest of the family; to the cop who turns a blind eye; to the brothel owner who uses a perverted twisted sense of family to control his girls; to finally, the main characters who show that the people who do human trafficking investigations and rescues have real problems and challenges in their own lives."
The film stars Dermot Mulroney as Alex Becker and Academy Award Winning actress Mira Sorvino as Claire Becker; they are a married couple who becomes dedicated to human rights work in Cambodia after suffering the loss of their own child. The pair is intent on rescuing young girls from human traffickers and the sleazy foreigners who pay for their services.

***Read more at ‘Trade of Innocents’ Movie: Mira Sorvino Tackles Human Trafficking in Fight For Justice (VIDEO)

*****This is the second movie Mira Sorvino has made about human trafficking. I thought she might be an advocate for victims of this criminal trade and as it turns out, she is. Check out this interview by clicking below. I applaud Sorvino for her work.

Trade Of Innocents
**[/LEFT]

RW, I fear this is an, “I don’t want to see it,” issue for many Americans, not that they would necessarily say so openly; and it’s an, “I don’t know how to do something about it,” issue for many more. The sex trade part of the problem relies on governmental cooperation or ignoring, at the source country/city-town-village and at the end-user brothel’s country/city - prostitution is supposedly a victimless crime, and sex tourism is a major industry for some countries!

Much/most of the real, effective, work being done on this issues is being done by obscure private individuals and groups who work with the girls and boys individually and whose lives are frequently in danger.

The I-don’t-know-what-to-do-about-it issue applies to me. Sex abuse is personal to me.