Trump Leaks Classified Data

You guys know what a Snowden fan I am if you remember me. I got a lot of crap for supporting Snowden here so when your standard bearer does it, does it become okay?
Trump Boasts About Watching ‘Top Secret’ Iran Video Immediately After Becoming Eligible To Receive Classified Briefings
Trump: Iran Released Video of Money Being Taken Off Plane to Embarrass US

Now as of yet only two oulets have reported but, Newsmax fails to mention that the video was classfied and part of his security breifings.
Two we have two different standards for Trump and Snowden?

I kinda find this halarious as freedom of information is my pet issue.
Btw I’m not condeming him on doing this, I’m all for declassification. I just hope maybe I could get an apology for ealier hypocrisy on the issue of leaked information.

I wonder if Trump will be indicted on charges of mishandling classified information?

Oh hell.

I’ve nothing more to say. This election has turned me into a silent moron fumbling for words like someone trying to find a candle and a lighter in a midnight power outage. It’s like being a bystander to a 300 car trainwreck, except the train happens to be carrying a curious mix of methane, anthrax, and broken dreams.

If it makes it any better, according to this guy, he isn’t a criminal, just your garden variety liar:

The cat was already out of the bag on the pay off. So the reason for keeping it secret was gone. But yes if it was classified then it still should have been treated as classified.

Its not a secret if everyone knows already…in this case pics of the plane and description of money and Iran ANNOUNCED it globally…This was classified by the WH in order to COVER it up and it did not work…

From the newsmax article MK linked:

If Trump has seen a video of the wooden pallets of cash being unloaded, it appears to have been something not shown on the media. At least one network, Fox Business, was showing video of the Americans getting off a passenger jet in Geneva following their release with a red circle around them, but the plane was not in Iran and did not match the cargo jet that carried the cash to Iran.

The transfer of the cash was public information, if not, yet, film of the unloading. How’s/where’s there any classified information?

Is this, “Trump leaked classified information,” going to become a meme-of-the-week serial?

Last week’s meme-of-the-week was that Trump leaked secret information by mentioning that the US leases military bases in Saudi Arabia. The problem with that meme is the fact that that information, and the locations of several are readily available on the Internet: US Military Bases in Saudi Arabia | MilitaryBases.com - US Military Bases.

Look, folks - the well produced video had been played on every news outlet I know of.

Don is correct - after the fact Obama administration attempts at suppression of this story and video footage - calling it secret/classified - is nothing more than a ploy to change the narrative in order to claim Trump isn’t worthy of security briefings.

One has to be brain dead not to understand what’s going on here - then again, it is the brain dead who are the administration’s target audience.

**One has to be brain dead not to understand what’s going on here - then again, it is the brain dead who are the administration’s target audience. **
Possibly the greatest “TRUTH” that will be posted this week.

Edward leaked in 2012. In 2011 William Binney and Thomas drake leaked information in regards to these programs but did not name them. One could argue that Edward was only adding to something that wasn’t a secret.

Again as early as late 2010 there were leaks coming out of the NSA in regards to this. Infact Hepting Vs AT&T was launched in 2005, and to make that collection of data legal congress had to rectroactively give telecoms immunity from the lawsuit. The AlCU has been warning about mass survalience since 2001 when the patriot act was passed. Okay so I think alot of people with a brain knew something pre-snowden he just took it out of the dark and stopped the evil Bush/Obama conspiracy to hide it. Cause remember it’s not treason when you leak Obamas secrets.

Trump did nothing wrong.

Snowden and Hillary belong in prison.

Next topic…

Trump did nothing wrong.
I have to disagree IF it was classified when Trump was briefed. Before you get mad hear me out. The government classified the document & only the government can change that. It’s not up to individuals to make that determination. Having said that:
The reason for classifying it was gone because it was already known. By releasing that information there could not possibly have been any fallout because again, it was already out there. A very fine point I know but it still applies. On the other hand:
What information did he discuss? Was it the information that he got from a classified briefing? Or was it that same information that he got from the news? There’s another fine point because Americans have freedom of speech & we are certainly allowed to talk about what we hear on the news.

Awww Mushroom, you weren’t trashed that bad. I think Snowden deserves a medal. At least 25 percent of the moderators agrees with you. I didn’t get much crap about it either. Hmm…

Trump is just plain wrong in general.
Hillary belongs in prison.
Snowden deserves a medal.

See thats the kind of conservative I respect. You want a minimalist nightwatch man state. Something that has clear bounderies. I find myself agreeing 80% with Ron Paul on War and Peace and social issues. Honestly I like Trump’s Economics but his social and War and Peace policy is nuts. Maybe your right the government doesn’t grow or shrink an economy, but maybe protectionists are too. At least you know that when something becomes so monolithic so huge it can do anything right. That is exactly what I was looking for.

[quote=“MushroomKingdom, post:14, topic:49235”]
See thats the kind of conservative I respect.
[/quote]Thanks, but not a conservative :wink:

[quote=“MushroomKingdom, post:14, topic:49235”]
but maybe protectionists are too.
[/quote]Nah. They’re not. Despite left and right populist support for it, it’s pretty much demonstrably terrible. Protectionists have to be unaware of, ignore or dismiss a couple of centuries of economic study.

The ONLY reason any of this was “classified” in the first place was to protect Obama from the criticism he’s getting from ALL sides now that it’s known what he did. There was NO “national security” issue at stake here…just Obama’s “reputation” (or what’s left of it.) If you don’t want it known that you’re paying ransom for hostages then DON’T PAY RANSOM FOR HOSTAGES!

Iran: $400 Million in Cash Was Part of ‘Expensive Price’ to Free U.S. Hostages

Iranian television has broadcast what some say is purported footage of the $400 million pallets of cash that officials claim was part of the “expensive price” paid by the Obama administration to free several U.S. hostages.

The footage, which could not be independently verified, shows images of large stacks of hard currency and features claims that the Obama administration sent this money over as part of an effort to free several U.S. hostages. The White House vehemently denied these claims this week following new reports about the cash exchange.

[ATTACH]2791[/ATTACH]

Iran: $400 Million in Cash Was Part of ‘Expensive Price’ to Free U.S. Hostages - Washington Free Beacon

Does not look like much of a secret.

[ATTACH]2793[/ATTACH]

The ONLY reason any of this was “classified” in the first place was to protect Obama from the criticism he’s getting from ALL sides now
Pappadave is right about the reason that it was classified. Now Obama could claim that he didn’t want to get the word out that we would pay ransom & MOST of the country would believe it. Kind of a weak argument because the people that would be most likely asking for a ransom would already know it. Duh.
Of course the real reason (bottom line) for it was it might be a bad thing (having Americans killed) for your party right before an ELECTION & your in charge.
Sadly though it was classified & that still stands BUT Trump’s comeback is obvious, I was talking about what I heard on the news, not in a briefing (even though they were the same thing). And again I’ll say that Obama’s actions WILL cost lives in the future. What an idiot.