Trump may announce 2024 run on July 4th…

Others believe an earlier declaration of his intentions would freeze the GOP primary field. One Trump aide, Jason Miller, told NBC he has laid out a case for Trump to announce sooner rather than later.

“I think that there being clarity about what his intentions are [is important] so he can start building that operation while it’s still fresh in people’s minds and they’re still active — a lot of that can be converted into 2024 action,” he said. Two sources close to Trump told NBC they’d been asked to block off July 4th as a possible announcement date.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/trump-may-announce-2024-run-on-july-4th/

This Is gonna be an awesome 4th Harris or Biden is gonna need a sure ringer. My God if anyone but Trump runs they just might win in 2024.

Now would it be too hard for him to name someone like Madison Cawthorn, David Duke, or Nick Funtes as his running mate I think we need a second proven loser.

I’ll (figuratively) puke if Trump wins the primary.

All recent polling gives him a commanding lead tor the nomination. DeSantis is in second place and all others (Pence, Noem, Pompeo, Rand Paul, Graham etc.) are in single digits. If Trump runs I believe DeSantis will not challenge him. So it will be DJT and the seven dwarfs.

Trump was elected in '16 because he got disillusioned citizens to vote which they hadn’t done in years. In the unlikely event that one of the seven dwarfs wins they will lose the general election. A large portion of the Trump base will stay home.

I’ll vote for Trump, DeSantis or Rand Paul. Anyone else and I’ll vote in state and local elections only.

The only way that I would leave the presidential spot blank in 2024 is if the Republicans are dumb enough to nominate an ultra RINO traitor, like John Kasich. He’s that same as a “progressive” Democrat.

Bernie Bros stayed home because Hillary Clintons Saudi Arabia ties were just too much to stomach. The rest of us voted green in 16.

Some of the economically populist Bernie Bros actually voted for Trump.

I know one who did and she greatly regretted it and voted Biden in 2020. I also know a moderate republican who voted Trump in 2016 and 2020 but after January 6th is planning to leave it blank.

Bernie had a lot of working class Democrats whose primary concern was their jobs being shipped to China. A lot of them remain Trump supporters.

I haven’t met one but I’m sure there are. I’ve seen gay fascist muslims for Christ so there is a demographic for everything.

I guess today we’re gonna see…

…and we saw. It would be very interesting if more of his former disciples throw him under the bus,

1 I didn’t, and I missed whatever you’re talking about.
2 It won’t disappoint me if they do. I like some of the things that Trump did (Supreme Court Justice picks, the wall, moving U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, shaking up the Washington establishment), but he wasn’t very competent (and overestimated his competence; although he’s got Biden beat all hollow (low bar)), and I did not and will not vote for him. I’m dismayed by how fanatical his close followers are (and their numbers).

In my state of Pennsylvania, Trump’s endorsement for Mehmet Oz for U.S. Senate got him the nomination. If he wins the general, it means we get Arlen Specter (RINO, esq.) 2.0. :face_vomiting: Thanks for nothing, Trump.

I’m glad to hear you’re not on board with Oz. Even more so than the elderly, I’m worried about the celebrity-turned-politician trend on both sides. I wouldn’t blame you for voting for what you see as the lesser of 2 evils with him, but it’s still nice to hear he’s not the preference.

Is the “he’s not even from Pennsylvania, he’s from New Jersey” rhetoric effective in Pennsylvania? Does it matter? Genuinely curious how that’s playing out in conservative communities.

@akaOldDog. Your link doesn’t work. If you link like that to cfp…it is only good for a short amount of time. You’ve got to link to the video/source/twitterfeed to keep the link valid. :slightly_smiling_face: I learned that the hardway myself.

What this thread is about. The assertion that Trump announcing his run for 2024 on the fourth of July. I had to do some time math but I’m pretty certain I posted that around 8am Monday your time.

1 He’s not mine, anyway. And I won’t vote for him in the general, either. I’m writing in his primary opponent (McCormick).
2 I don’t know how the carpetbagger issue is playing with PA voters (Republican or in general); personally, I’m a lot less concerned about that than I am with their character.

Okay. I honestly wasn’t aware that he’d made any announcement (or didn’t meet some deadline to do so). I don’t particularly care, because I wouldn’t vote for him anyway.

Better check your polling man, most registered Republicans want Trump, Trump smokes every CPAC poll, and Trump will have his vengence on that senile grooming pile of feces who stole the election.

Nearly half of Republican voters pick former President Donald Trump as the candidate they want for 2024, with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis as the only strong alternative.

A new national telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports finds that 47% of Likely Republicans voters choose Trump as the candidate they would be most likely to support to be the Republican presidential nominee in 2024. DeSantis was second with 20%, followed by Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney (7%), Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (6%) and former Vice President Mike Pence (5%). Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo each got three percent (3%), the same as the number of GOP voters saying they’d support “some other candidate” in 2024. Only one percent (1%) of Republican voters support Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul as the 2024 nominee. (To see survey question wording, click here.)