Trump Reveals From Super Tuesday

Now that the Network spin doctors have had their say, I am going to analyze Super Tuesday the way it should have been analyzed by them. I am going to include the whole race so far because I see a pattern forming that could prove beneficial for those who want a Constitutional Warrior in the White House as opposed to…

Click here to view the article.

I think Trump will take both Kentucky and Mississippi.

Trump is getting votes from the Democrats in the open primaries. That is obvious. They are a mixture of some dems that actually like him (I actually know a few) and Hillary supporters that want him to win so that she can beat him in the general election (in their view). Lots of working class dems (not as many of those as in the past) hate 0bama and see Hillary or Bernie as his third term.

So, the Trump camp needs to keep their egos at bay about this cross over because it is not a full fledged shift in his direction. They cannot count on it in the general election.

Precisely. That’s what I’ve been saying since New Hampshire. The Democrats KNOW who their candidate will be…and HAVE known since 2012. Therefore, they have no reason to support her with their votes in the Democrat primaries and EVERY reason to try and control who the GOP nominee will be and they’ll choose the one they believe she’ll be able to beat the easiest. Today, with the remaining candidates compared to Hillary in November, Trump is the ONLY Republican who she beats handily. The State GOPs MUST stop “open primaries” and do away with “same-day registration” if they EVER want to know who fellow Republicans prefer as their candidate. I don’t believe the GOP Establishment CARES who their rank-and-file voters prefer, though, so THAT’S why they favor so many open primaries, vote-by-mail and same-day registration.

Nice job, RET. You are correct - Open primaries have no doubt had some effect on the primaries. I agree there is a window for Cruz - but I think a very small one. That said, I think Trump and only Trump has a shot at racking up a majority of primary delegates. I think it possible the race will end up as a convention floor fight - perhaps literally. My guess is, the result of such convention warfare would be disastrous, as it would be made out to be and seen, correctly or not, as an effort to negate the result of the popular vote. Many Trumpsters would likely walk out and stay home in November. This would not be beneficial.

Unfortunately, I fear rank and file Republicans are less conservative than we thought.

I don’t think that’s the case, Doc. I think we have a lot of conservative voters who are prone to being manipulated–especially by the media. The primary system that the GOP establishment favors allows cross-over voters to give THEIR candidate big wins early in the process, making them seem invincible–bolstered by the media declaring the primaries “over” LONG before other States have voted which encourages later GOP voters to cast votes for the “inevitable” nominee as declared BY the media. This is partly because some want to have voted for the eventual “winner.” It’s how we got Dole (“It’s his TURN!”), McCain and Romney. I am dead-bang convinced that this is a calculated PLAN by the DNC…to “help” nominate the GOP’s weakest, easiest-to-beat candidate year after year. They saw Bush II as a moron and thought Gore would eat him alive. (He almost did!) They simply miscalculated the electoral college count. If Gore had merely won his OWN State, we’d have had a Gore presidency. I knew he was in BIG trouble when Tennessee broke for Bush instead. The Florida vote would have been much further apart than it was if we’d somehow been able to prevent illegals in Miami-Dade from casting votes, and kept the New York “snow-birds” from voting in BOTH their home-states AND Florida.

Dave, no doubt some crossover occurs in open primaries. However, Trump is generally winning by a margin that would suggest that what crossover is taking place is not decisive. As for many conservative voters being easily manipulated by media - that’s true. But, that’s on them. As you might know, I have a pretty low opinion of our electorate in general.

RET’s piece was interesting - he made some great points - he’s an intelligent guy. All things considered, we will have more answers to all of our speculation on the night of March 15. For those of us who have significant reservations about Trump, nearly 2 weeks out it does not look encouraging.

We, the electorate in general, have a pretty low opinion of you, too.
And due to you and others who continue to disparage us, I have decided that my ballot will be cast for ONLY outsider candidates. If no outsider is available, I’ll vote for anyone but the incumbent.
Yanno, You and those who share your manipulative gene, have done more to split the Republican’t Party, than Trump could ever have done. Because of your childish tantrums, and ridiculous name calling, I have become determined to do as much damage to the Republican’t Party as I possibly can.
I will be attending town halls to call attention to the lies and corruption of our elected officials. I plan to talk to all who will hear me and try to convince everyone that the GOP is a dying animal, who needs to be put out of its misery. If the GOP is fine handing the election to Clinton, so am I.

Good grief.

[quote=“Pappadave, post:6, topic:48383”]
I don’t think that’s the case, Doc. I think we have a lot of conservative voters who are prone to being manipulated–especially by the media.
[/quote]Since the media has been dogging Trump since the very start, I don’t really see how that works. The media has never advocated Trump. They’ve spent all of their time accusing him of being a racist, xenophobic, a racist, sexist, a racist, a liar, a racist. Not too clear on how the media manipulated voters into Trump’s camp.

The media has been cheerleading for Rubio, not Trump.

Open primaries are the stupidest, weirdest thing I’ve ever heard of. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

[quote=“CWolf, post:10, topic:48383”]
The media has been cheerleading for Rubio, not Trump.
[/quote]Hehe, that just drives Republicans and conservatives to “outsiders” like Trump! Heh, the media are part of the conspiracy to elect Trump too. Good insight :smiley:

Have to disagree.

Studies on open primaries show that they disrupt nationalistic politicking, and instead, put the emphasis on the desires of the local people doing the voting. People of the varied States elect people who represent them in the party, not the other way around.

Studies show a lot of things…

[quote=“MDMikeB, post:7, topic:48383”]
Dave, no doubt some crossover occurs in open primaries. However, Trump is generally winning by a margin that would suggest that what crossover is taking place is not decisive. As for many conservative voters being easily manipulated by media - that’s true. But, that’s on them. As you might know, I have a pretty low opinion of our electorate in general.
[/quote] Not necessarily, Doc. He won NH by roughly 12 points and exit polls claim that between 10% and 15% of the voters there self-described as either Democrats or “Independents”. Pretty much the same in SC, as well.

RET’s piece was interesting - he made some great points - he’s an intelligent guy. All things considered, we will have more answers to all of our speculation on the night of March 15. For those of us who have significant reservations about Trump, nearly 2 weeks out it does not look encouraging.
The true measure is how Trump does in CLOSED PRIMARIES–such as Iowa and Oklahoma last week. He LOST.

“Studies” show whatever the promoter of the studies want them to show.

There’s an old saying in the entertainment industry: “There is no such thing as ‘bad’ publicity.” Since Trump is primarily an entertainer, that applies to him in spades! Trump gets, by FAR, the lion’s share of media attention–and has from the outset. Some of what the media views as his “outrageous” statements, resonates well with those of us fed up to the gills with the lies and deceit of the GOP Establishment so whatever the media has to say about him just goes over everyone’s heads as more of the same. The media is viewed my many as PART of the political class and they aren’t trusted as much as a used car dealer.

[quote=“Alaska_Slim, post:12, topic:48383”]
Have to disagree.

Studies on open primaries show that they disrupt nationalistic politicking, and instead, put the emphasis on the desires of the local people doing the voting. People of the varied States elect people who represent them in the party, not the other way around.
[/quote]It’s sort of like inviting some stranger antagonistic to your values into your house to help you make decisions. I don’t really know what you mean by nationalistic politicking or what these studies measure, but I don’t want local Democrats (or a lot of the Republicans) helping decide my party’s candidates for office.

I was just reading about a study that found that telling conservatives that scientific consensus, 97 percent of scientists, is that climate change is caused by man convinces the conservatives to take it seriously and call for government action…

True. Those not paying much attention forget that the “97%” figure comes from the 2500 or so “climate scientists” that they “surveyed” who get much of their FUNDING because of the global warming scam. They fail to notice that 20,000 OTHER scientists disagree totally.

[quote=“Pappadave, post:16, topic:48383”]
There’s an old saying in the entertainment industry: “There is no such thing as ‘bad’ publicity.” Since Trump is primarily an entertainer, that applies to him in spades! Trump gets, by FAR, the lion’s share of media attention–and has from the outset.
[/quote]If so, then Kanye should run for president.

Was that in response to PappaDave’s post? Just not clear what you mean otherwise. And NO! It is possible to get more dirtbaggish, but I’m not sure who might qualify.