Trump threatens to sue Cruz for 'not being a natural born citizen'

Donald Trump threatens to sue Ted Cruz -

Donald Trump on Friday threatened to sue Ted Cruz for “not being a natural born citizen” if the Texas senator “doesn’t clean up his act” and stop running negative ads against him.
“If @TedCruz doesn’t clean up his act, stop cheating, & doing negative ads, I have standing to sue him for not being a natural born citizen,” he tweeted.

Anyone surprised at all by Trump threatening this? Remember how he stated that he wouldn’t sue, but that the Dems might when he raised this issue before? Some of us on here said he wasn’t to be trusted when he stated that…

Sounds like an attempt to bring a chill to the debate and the attacks. If Cruz knows he is absolutely able to run; a question he will inevitably have to answer anyways if he wins the nomination, I say he doubles down on such ads and dares Trump to sue him .

This discussion came up on this forum before. Bullies like Trump like to dish it our but can’t handle it when he is the target. Of course he will resort to this type of threat. Too bad Trump can’t sue the anti-taxation group that ran an ad explaining how Trump is not a Conservative.

We hashed this topic out already a while back. Trump is not suing Cruz.

I didn’t realize you were a member during that discussion.

As it stands, unless Trump is not the one responsible for his twitter account, he is strongly suggesting he will sue, and he will almost certainly sue if Cruz edges him out of the nomination.

Trumps hands are tied, he can’t find any legitimate negatives on Cruz and he can’t defend his own record of deception and hypocrisy.

Every day will bring more of these childish threats and baseless accusations.

Oh, I think Trump has almost everything to do with his Twitter account. But he won’t sue. Trump is just setting the agenda for what he wants the media to talk about, and as we can see, as usual, it works. Trump an the rest are going into South Carolina and he wants people talking about this, not other stuff that might work in Cruz’ favor. He also wants Jeb OUT of the news.

Trump is a smart man. He won’t waste his time and prestige on such a lawsuit. He just wants people doing what you have done: Talking about it.

If you support one candidate over the other, fine. Great, even. But this going to extremes for either is getting old.

Trump didn’t simply threaten to sue Cruz, as the headline indicates. What he did was deliver an ultimatum. There’s a difference.

I’ve seen some of Cruz’s ads. Some people think they’re witty as can be. I think they’re stupid. (And would say the same if they were another candidate’s ads. They’re just…dumb.)
One does go to such extremes as to what Trump would do people’s private property that it may as well be a lie. I forget what other point was made in the ad, but do recall saying, “That’s bull.”

Trump is telling Cruz to quit lying. I don’t blame him.
In the same token, Trump is no one to be telling others not to be negative about opponents.

(See? Some people can be ‘fair & balanced.’)