TRUMP: You have to 'take out' terrorists' families

It just wouldn’t be the same if a day went by without this guy going off the rails…or, wait, this IS the REAL Trump.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trump-terrorists-families-140932768.html?ltr=1

Maybe he has the same opinion of families of criminals, bad politicians, bad business “leaders” who claim insolvency and leave you holding the bag…

I wonder just how he would define family. "kids, sisters, grandkids, second cousins, unborn in the womb sons…

If this guy has the opportunity to have his finger on the nuclear arsenal I am guessing more of the world will seek access to nukes to deter this guy…

[ATTACH]2708[/ATTACH]

I fully agree with him. They bring their kids into the indoctrination from birth.

This is how dictators controlled places like Iraq, Iran, and on down the line. The only way to get the region peaceful is to force it.

As do I.
Ironic that someone should call Trump “off his rocker” for saying what he did just when the FBI is questioning the mother of the rabid punk who decided, w/his wife, to celebrate Christmas by gunning down as many of his co-workers as possible.
Ain’t no way she didn’t know about their lifestyle. Like someone said elsewhere, the only innocent one in that family is probably the 6 month-old baby.

WAKE UP USA! This ain’t Bocephus’ type of “fam’ly tradition!”

I am reminded of the boston bomber’s mom yeah she was a peaceful muslim

[ATTACH]2710[/ATTACH]

I agree with Trump! The lunatics are the ones that think that we ought to bring more Muslims in. Why? I haven’t quite figured that one out yet. These are the same people that have threatened to kills us.

I like Falwell’s advice: Arm yourselves.

As I said on a previous thread, when we can look at two Muslims, one of which is a Jihadi, and tell which one is, THEN we can resume the importation of Muslim “refugees.”

Near halfway around the earth people are screaming, "DEATH TO AMERICA!"
And the best answer these nitwits have is, “I know! Let’s bring them all here!”

What, that way they won’t have to travel so far? :Thud:

[quote=“shockedcanadian, post:1, topic:47861”]
It just wouldn’t be the same if a day went by without this guy going off the rails…or, wait, this IS the REAL Trump.https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trump-terrorists-families-140932768.html?ltr=1Maybe he has the same opinion of families of criminals, bad politicians, bad business “leaders” who claim insolvency and leave you holding the bag…I wonder just how he would define family. "kids, sisters, grandkids, second cousins, unborn in the womb sons…If this guy has the opportunity to have his finger on the nuclear arsenal I am guessing more of the world will seek access to nukes to deter this guy…
[/quote]It’s just marketing. He sees Cruz closing fast so he ups the ante. There’s no telling what he’d say to try to stay to the right of the rest of them.

He’s a fan of Cruz. As am I.

And there’s no telling what you’ll say to try to claim that Trump is attempting to "stay to the right of the rest of them"
He isn’t ‘to the right of Cruz.’ We know that, and Trump (maybe) knows that.
What’s ludicrous, either way, is the attempt to compare parents of bank robbers to parents of Jihadists.

What’s scary is that some people don’t know the difference.

What’s scary is that people don’t understand basic universal concepts of “rule of law”, “assumption of innocence” and the absurdity of “collective punishment”.

Those are HARDLY “universal concepts,” SC. They are generally concepts HERE, but they don’t have the force of LAW. WE have the right to control who comes to this country and for what purpose and reason…as does EVERY free country on the planet. Very few PRACTICE that right, however–us included–and we’re seeing in Europe especially, the wrong-headedness of not doing so. In 20 years, the way things are going now, native French, Belgians, Dutch, Germans, Austrians, Swedes, Danes and even Italians will be MINORITIES in their own countries. Why? Because they’re killing their own children in the womb, willy-nilly, and are otherwise being “out-bred” by the Muslims. The same thing COULD happen here and in Canada and for the same reasons if you include Latino illegals in the mix.

I’ve seen this a few times, Sam. What is attachment 2708?

Dave this is different. Trump is a different breed. I can handle the oddball comment from politicians, and sometimes it is refreshing, but this guy is different no doubt about it. Ever see the movie “The Dead Zone” with Christopher Walker? This guy is Martin Sheen, at least that is what I fear.

Back to this point though. He is not talking just about denying freedom seeking, peaceful adherers to Islam; which is an immigration issue, one which I can appreciate requires proper and honest vetting. He is talking about “taking out” terrorists families. He hasn’t defined how far a family would be as fair game (as I asked in the OP). This is different than the Kaddaffi situation where the target was always the leader, this is about going after families of suspected terrorists. It’s extreme as far as I am concerned and I start to wonder when we will become the devil we fear.

YOU, apparently don’t understand “the rule of law,” as it appears that you find it awful that we here in the U.S. want to see it enforced.
There is no “presumption of innocence,” when it comes to foreigners. They aren’t U.S. citizens, for starters, and secondly, their credentials for being here OUGHT to be questioned.
I’ve no idea what you mean by “collective punishment”, but will guess that you mean disallowing people of a certain group entrance into our country simply by their claim of being a refugee.
If that’s the case, we have a “rule of law” governing that one, too. We like to know, before hand, if you’re “good to go” or not: Individually.

Yeah, we here like to treat people as individuals. We’re funny that way.

But seeing as folks with your way of thinking want to embrace people who may be wanting to rip your countrymen apart without thinking twice about it, how about you take them, instead?

We’ve pretty well had our fill.

Tend to your own front porch.

I will once again repeat what I originally posted in this thread, I am not sure you read it. Here is the text as presented, I also watched the video during the interview:

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said Wednesday that his administration would try to “take out” terrorists’ families, in addition to the militants themselves.

“With the terrorists, you have to take out their families,” Trump said during a “Fox & Friends” interview.

He argued that such tactics were necessary because the terrorists claim to not care about their own lives.

“When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families,” he repeated. “They care about their lives, don’t kid yourselves. But they say they don’t care about their lives. You have to take out their families.”

What does this have to do with immigration? He is suggesting that when you are fighting terrorists, since they don’t care about their own lives, the way to make them change their ways is to “take out their families” too. If you think he means taking out someone for lunch or withdrawing a current family member who is already in America than I have a bridge to sell you.

He is talking about killing family members. Many who may or may not know what their terrorist family member is up to, and almost certainly do not know about specifics of an attack. So again I ask the question, what is defined as “family”? Wives? Unborn children in the womb of wives? Second cousins? Siblings? What?

If you want to associate yourself with this policy than the American spirit isn’t what it once was.

Immigration policy is entirely different circumstance. Trump is extreme once again in suggesting you don’t accept any Muslims, especially considering it is impossible to determine who a Muslim might be. Will he determine this by name? Some oath that he or she doesn’t follow Islam?

Give the resources to the FBI and CIA and they will vet any threats. You can’t stop every attack or every crazy. Going after their families I am guessing won’t fix this problem, and you my find a few soldiers uncomfortable with slaughtering someones grandkid because grandpa is a messed up nutjob.

I suspect he meant like we TOOK OUT German and Japanese “civilians” during WW II to FORCE them to capitulate–the “families” of the German and Japanese soldiers and their leadership as well as their future cannon fodder. Not certain it would work against ISIS, etc. however, since there is no real “government” to go after and people living under it with the cajones to FORCE capitulation.

Never saw the movie and, if Martin Sheen is in it, I have no wish to. One of the goofiest, far-left morons in Hollywood–and brings his politics into every role…especially when given the chance to parody what he thinks conservatives think and believe.

No, this was before the attacks in California and his most recent anti-Muslim rhetoric, he was talking about the attacks on ISIS overseas, he is referring to taking out families overseas. Even if he was using the reference of “taking out” family members in America, we all know that is legally impossible. If you are a citizen you have rights. As it were, he was most certainly talking about killing foreign families.

Look, there is a need for change, and I applaud those such as Rand Paul who wants to change the philosophy of governments role, but Trump is so knee-jerk in his reactions. he isn’t cerebral or thoughtful, he says and does what allows him to “win”. He has challenged the 14th amendment and suggested “it can be changed”. This is your Constitution! The Holy Grail that all democracies hold as the great document it is.

Clinton will win in a landslide when she faces Trump. That’s my opinion. The GOP will have a major uphill climb if this guy wins the nomination.

My goodness, are you lost?
When Pollsters measured the reaction of Dems, Pubs and Indies, to Trumps comments, the Independent voters mirrored the Republicans, on the high side of the scale, not the Dems as they have in the past.
His son said that he has had Democrats express support for Trump. Not on just one or two occasions.