TSA does surprise check at Lamar Boulevard Amtrak

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Passengers catching the 9:30 a.m. Amtrak train from Austin to Dallas were met with an unexpected surprise when they got to the station.
Transportation Security Administration agents, Austin police officers, and the Department of Homeland Security were all waiting for them.
“These facilities are not necessarily protected as well,” said George Robinson with TSA about bus stations and train stations that typically do not have the same security measures as airports.
“We do impromptu visits at locations throughout the country.”

READ MORE: TSA does surprise check at Lamar Amtrak | KXAN.com

C’mon, RW! One of those grannies might have hijacked that train to Havana! Right?

How is this not an illegal search? You can say that riding on an airplane is a consent to be searched in order to board the airplane, but if you just show up to Amtrak, or your job, or a hospital and must be searched randomly one day before you enter, you’re “detaining” someone by forcing them to leave unless they consent to a search. This needs to stop.

I’d tell TSA to KMA.

It is an embarrassment to see what this nation has become in the last 12 years.

Lambs to the slaughter.
But just the last 12 years? What, exactly, did the “Great Generation” do to curtail any of this?

I took Amtrak to Canada a few years ago. The Canadian Border guards were giving me the third degree like I was a suspected robber. What’s your destination? What’s the address? What are the names of the people you’re staying with? How do you know them? How much money do you have on you? Let me see your money. Coming back to the states on the train the American border guard asks “Where are you from?” “Chicago” “Have a nice day!”