TSA Screeners Continue to Lie to Passengers About Legality of Recording

By now, it is becoming clear that TSA screeners know that recording is allowed at security checkpoints in airports, they just choose to tell passengers that it is not allowed with the hope that the passenger will not know any better.

No different than the routine we see from police and security guards on a daily basis.
After all, the policy has been in effect since the inception of the Transportation Security Administration in 2002 and numerous videos have surfaced where TSA screeners have been forced to acknowledge that recording at checkpoints is allowed.

And you would think that someone would mention it to them in their training considering the TSA has had the information posted on its blogin very easy-to-read language since 2009.
***We don’t prohibit public, passengers or press from photographing, videotaping, or filming at screening locations. You can take pictures at our checkpoints as long as you’re not interfering with the screening process or slowing things down. We also ask that you do not film or take pictures of our monitors.

In the above video recorded earlier this month at an airport that I didn’t see mentioned, a mother begins recording as TSA screeners attempt to frisk her daughter who is in a wheelchair.

The girl who appears to be around three is crying and saying she doesn’t want to go to Disney World, so you can imagine how scared she must have been.

The mother starts video recording and the TSA screener tells her it is illegal to record.

The mother continues recording, saying nobody is going to touch her daughter unless she records it.

The screeners eventually back down from harassing her.

But the mother was obviously intimidated from recording their faces, which is something we all must learn to do when we find ourselves in such a situation.
MORE: TSA Screeners Continue to Lie to Passengers About Legality of Recording at Checkpoints | PINAC**

It’s a hard row to hoe. I DO indeed want to be protected from terrorism on a plane, but these minimum wage kings and queens at the screening points are going way, way, way, over the top. That’s probably because they want to cover their butts and keep their jobs if a supervisor is watching.

Back in 2003, my wife and I were on a flight from Los Angeles to Philadelphia, with a brief layover in Detroit.

Well, when we got to Detroit, we were pulled out of the screening line and had to do the “take off your shoes” dance.

I am severely handicapped and had a hard time even placing my feet in those yellow outlines of a foot . . . never mind bending over and undoing my laces.

After several unsuccessful tries to just place my feet in those outlines, I figured the TSA person would recognize that I certainly didn’t have the coordination to overpower a flight attendant even, much less board the plane without stumbling down the gangway.

But nooooooo! The moron just watched, didn’t move, and remained silent. I was tempted to say, “Do you think I’m a terrorist?”, but kept my mouth shut because I was sure if I said that they would put the bracelets on me and carry me off to the graybar hotel . . . and I didn’t want to risk missing my daughters wedding in Philadelphia.

Perhaps overly cautious there, and it wasn’t the action of the TSA morons I was so worried about, it was missing my daughters wedding because these fools couldn’t apply common sense.

My wife is overweight and matronly looking. So I was also tempted to say, “Do you think she’s a terrorist?” But I didn’t for the same reason as above.

As it was, we had to sling our carry-on over our shoulder and rush to make our connecting flight. Barely made it, and were two pale and heavy breathing old souls plopping down in cramped coach seats.

Haven’t traveled the airways since then, so I don’t know what, if any, changes have been made in the past decade or if those changes have made things better or worse.

We did arrive at LA with plenty of time to spare, so it wasn’t the origin that was the problem, it was that layover and the connecting flight that was the problem.

Anyway, that was my one contact with the TSA, and it was a poor impression.

When I fly, I bring as little as possible. I try to keep my ventures to less than a week.

My great-niece got patted down when she took her mother-in-law to the airport. She was not a passenger - just her mother-in-law.

I go see my daughter quite often from Texas to Arkansas, Every I repeat EVERY TIME I go see her I get patted down in Oklahoma. They pick out the EASIEST and most BENIGN of the traveler to frisk, leave Muslims and younger passengers alone. I was speaking to a Muslim who said they wanted others you looked similar to their descent frisked. They didn’t mind being profiled because they were innocent and for everyones safety, because it’s their family’s safety is also at stake. I would be extremely surprised if ever they failed to target me. Are Grannies the next wave of TERRORISTS, according to the screener. They aren’t over zealous, they are JUST LAZY, and don’t want to find anything suspicious because they may have to work for a living.

And we are led to believe we are safe while government stooges perform their tasks in this manner.