Turkey strikes targets in Syria in retaliation for shelling deaths

Turkey strikes targets in Syria in retaliation for shelling deaths - CNN.com

(CNN) – Turkey fired on targets in Syria in response to the shelling of a Turkish border town in which five civilians were killed Wednesday, a statement from Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s office said.
The town of Akcakale “was hit by artillery fire belonging to the Syrian regime forces,” the statement said, in the first clear assertion of blame for the shelling.
“Our armed forces on the border responded immediately to this atrocious attack within the rules of engagement, and points in Syria determined by radar were hit with artillery fire,” it said. "Turkey, within the confines of the rules of engagement and international law, will never leave these types of provocations aimed at our national security unanswered."
Nine people were also injured when the shell landed on the town in Sanliurfa province, near the Syrian border, the statement said.
The retaliatory step marks a significant increase in tension between the two countries.
The Syrian government did not immediately respond to the accusation that its forces were responsible.
The North Atlantic Council, NATO’s most senior political governing body, was holding an urgent meeting on the situation, NATO said.

This does not look good.

Looks good to me!

Thats evil Cam real human beings are going to die because of this. -1

If you don’t want to get your 6 whipped and have people die; don’t attack another country. In short if you don’t want none, don’t start none. Or for the simple minded don’t start a fight with a person that can and will kick your 4th point of contact.

Obama’s policy of “American contrition and apology” has really made the world a better place.

Remember tht wa a BIG theme in 08?

Bull-s.

That CS is the crux of the world problem today. The radical Muslim is fomenting unrest throughout the the world and America, who USED to be the Bastion of control has been seriously compromised to the point that these radicals can operate with total impunity.

Really?? And what is Assad doing to his own people in his own country daily while everyone tsk tsk’s away? Sounds like some of the RIGHT peeps are gonna get killed.

[quote=“Cam, post:8, topic:36415”]
Really?? And what is Assad doing to his own people in his own country daily while everyone tsk tsk’s away? Sounds like some of the RIGHT peeps are gonna get killed.
[/quote]So you’re on the side of the radical Islamists and al-Qaeda factions that are funded by the same Saudis that funded 9/11?

Nope…I’m on the side of whoever gets rid of Assad. I have no illusions about the likliehood of a friendly gov’t there…one step at a time. Assad is an Iran proxy. He built a nuke plant Israel had to take out. He is indiscriminately killing his own people…not just the jihadi’s. A very bad guy.
I’m in favor of getting rid of bad guys…especially if others do it for us.

remember Cam; move Assad and the Brotherhood has free reign. One bad for one worse.

I love when people speak like a group of people are an individual because that makes a whole bunch of sense. That little girl hidding under bed because bombs are raining on her neighborhood has nothing to do with what you speak.

So in your opinion one country may attack another and the second country can not defend because some little girl may or may not get killed? What about the little girl hiding under her bed in the country that was attacked first or doesn’t she rate?

I disagree…Assad is at least as bad as the MB. Not saying they are the lesser of 2 evils. At the MOMENT…Assad is worse because he is killing 10’s of thousands of innocents and the MB is only part of the coalition against him. Therefore…get rid of Assad & hope the MB is not worse. Maybe if Turkey moved in…there’d be a more secular outcome. While I suspect any outcome there will be bad…the only thing I KNOW for sure is that Assad must go.

So two little girls dead are better than one? What kind of crazy world do I live in? Where do these people learn their reasoning skills? Oh yea I forgot it is not taught.

[quote=“njc17, post:11, topic:36415”]
remember Cam; move Assad and the Brotherhood has free reign. One bad for one worse.
[/quote]That is what these kids do not understand, Some times one has to support someone or country because if you do not what would replace it would be worse. Right now I do not see Egypt being an ally.

I sure hope Romney doesn’t end up opposing the Muslim Brotherhood. It would put you in quite a bind! Your allegiance would be torn. If you had to choose between your hero, Romney, and the Muslim Brotherhood, the latest recipient of your admiration, what would you do?

STOP: RW! The muslim Brotherhood had been a relatively minor thorn in the side of Islam everywhere,until the mixed message policy of Obama and the non action of ther United Nations gave them the platform they needed. Starting in Egypt, with the taking down of Mubarrack on to Lybia and through Syria, the UN SHOULD have been engaged with the urging of the United States. This did not happen. and when you suck the air out of a plastic bottle you best has something to put back into the bottle or the bottle collapses. Yes the Arab leadership throughout the Arab world has been less than honorable but they did keep the Islamic radical at bay, now that genii is out of the bottle, and will never be stuffed back in again.
And Bremen, Your edenic idealism does not work in the real world. Sadly the islamic radical does not care one whit about a little girl in the Islamic world or anywhere in the world. Girls or any children, for that matter, are expendable in the face of Islamic expansion.

Is that a policy advocacy for stopping me or are you telling me to stop?

That’s a stop from making rediculous statements.