Twins to Graduate With Identical Honors – Valedictorian

Twins to Graduate With Identical Honors – Valedictorian

Twins to Graduate With Identical Honors – Valedictorian - ABC News

Identical twins Kirstie and Kristie Bronner share practically everything: hobbies, favorite colors, favorite foods, and clothes. But now they can share the title of valedictorian.

Kirstie and Kristie, both 22, from Atlanta, Ga., will graduate May 19 as the first co-valedictorians who are also identical twins at Spelman College, in Atlanta.

“I don’t think we even thought about the possibility of it,” Kristie told ABCNews.com.

“We actually have prayed about it,” Kirstie said. “Lord help us to make 4.0s all the way through college.”

The two have the same major—music—and both have perfect 4.0 GPAs. The sisters managed to keep up their grades while juggling Spelman College’s glee club and volunteering at their father’s church, Word of Faith Family Worship Cathedral.

One thing that the ABC report conveniently left out is that these two young women were HOMESCHOOLED by their Christian parents. I don’t know to what grade level that occurred but, it was mentioned during their interview on the morning news show. The Fox News Articlementioned the following excerpt.

Both took advance placement classes, including English, science and calculus, “the toughest courses we offer at the high school,” school counselor Norma Gonzalez said.

A music degree. World changing. Weird that the classes actually preparing them for their (tiny) college were taught from what appears to be a public school.

Don’t knock a music degree, and don’t knock a “tiny” college. Music isn’t a “snap” course, and students are required to have a lot unrelated courses. And “tiny” doesn’t mean incompetent.

Edit: And don’t knock the value of music. It is world changing.

What degree do you possess?

I have two masters and studied a broad.

(The two masters are God and my wife. After I studied a broad, I married her).

I can see that your sensitivity training really paid off. :rofl:

Music? Well if it’s what you love go for it.

Yeah, it is what it is.

[quote=“BullsOnParade, post:2, topic:39471”]
A music degree. World changing. Weird that the classes actually preparing them for their (tiny) college were taught from what appears to be a public school.
[/quote]So what is your degree in?

Oh please don’t do this again. . . .

as a student who goes to a major university im gonna ask: whats wrong with tiny colleges?

[quote=“Trekky0623, post:10, topic:39471”]
Oh please don’t do this again. . . .
[/quote]He knocks the degree that these two received while he has nothing to show for himself.

I’m pretty sure you two have had this quibble before, but it’s your incessant bragging about your own degrees that is tiresome; I’m pretty sure you just did it a week or so ago. Newsflash—probably about three-quarters of the members on this forum have college degrees. You don’t need to flaunt the fact that you have one all over the place.

[quote=“Trekky0623, post:13, topic:39471”]
I’m pretty sure you two have had this quibble before, but it’s your incessant bragging about your own degrees that is tiresome; I’m pretty sure you just did it a week or so ago. Newsflash—probably about three-quarters of the members on this forum have college degrees. You don’t need to flaunt the fact that you have one all over the place.
[/quote]Yes trekky I am sure you are jealous of these two twins and wish you could claim some sort of actual knowledge. face it 99% of what you tell us here is wrong.

Interesting statistic… can the truth seeker prove such a bold accusation?

[quote=“Robert_Clay, post:15, topic:39471”]
Interesting statistic… can the truth seeker prove it?
[/quote]You prove it. Being a liberal and probably a democrat your post is obvious. I have been reviewing your posts and that is the conclusion I have reached and I am certain others share my view on this.

So you can’t actually prove it, are making up random numbers, and are using said numbers to insult people who disagree with you. Fun.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:6, topic:39471”]
I can see that your sensitivity training really paid off. :rofl:
[/quote]I have been studying broads for years and I might get what they mean after another 50 years or so.

Face it if you tell your woman she looks great today, why is it she says “are you telling me I looked horrible the other day?”

I’ve went to both- it’s my OPINION that small schools are a cop out. Seemed like second rate education from my experience, which may or may not hold weight

You still didn’t answer the question. What degree do you have?

Wrt my engineering courses, Students that took the first couple of years at a smaller college and then transferred to Purdue or other large universities, the transfer students performed just as good or better than the students that had already went to that larger university. The difference was that the teachers at the smaller universities actually taught their courses. The professors in the large universities could be bothered by being expected to teach as a opposed to lecturing.

In the workplace, the fact that a student went to a big/small university has shown a trend. Engineers that went to the larger schools tend not to be as technical as the ones that went to smaller universities. They are the ones that realize that the can’t perform in lab or shop floor so they end up becoming managers. The smaller school tends to stress more hands on technical training to go along with intense classroom study. In the larger schools, the professor only shows up to the 300 student lecture hall and seldom takes questions from students.