Twitter Map Shows Concentration of Non-PC Words

Hate Map

The map shows concentrations of “homophobic” words (dyke, fag, homo, and queer), “racist” words (chink, gook, ngger*,* wetback*, and spick), and the word cripple, hoping to provide an indication of the concentration of types of prejudice.

Today I learned that apparently Kansas City hates Koreans.

Using a hate word to describe hate words, tolerance wins again

Hence the parenthesis UNT…
There’s a big splotch around Lake Tahoe, that’s weird.

racist is also in quotations so I dont that is the intention

Political correctness is going to kill this country.
It seems some people are happy with that.
No, I’m not going to click on the link. I won’t give them the pleasure.
Besides, it sounds like a bunch of baffoonery and then some.

But I am surprised that anyone would find a ‘splotch’ around Lake Tahoe ‘weird.’ They’re quite uppity.

Why not? The quotations indicate that it was the website that labeled them that way, not myself.

My first comment wasnt directed at you specifically but just the hypocrisy of using a hate term to label hate terms

Why is homophobic a hate word but not racist?

Homophobic is a pejorative and racist is a technical term

How is homophobic any more pejorative than racist? I don’t hear many utterances of racist spoken in a technical way.

Using a term as an insult doesnt make it a pejorative, there is no way to use homophobic in a technical sense any more than there is to use nigger in a technical sense. Also you censored nigger and none of the other terms, why is that? Nigger was not censored on the website

I wasn’t sure of the forum rules regarding the word nigger. Several websites have banned people for any use of the N-word, no matter the context. But I don’t really see how we can on the one hand call homophobic for its pejorative use, while at the same time calling racist technical. Racist is prejudice based on race, while homophobic is an aversion to gays and homosexuals, or that lifestyle. And even if it is pejorative, how is it a hate word any more than lazy?

But you thought homophobic, dyke, fag, homo, queer, chink, gook, wetback, and spick(actually spelled spic) were all fine to say? This is exactly why the word nigger has so much power, because in a list of slurs nigger was still too taboo for you to type out. Racism can not die if you wont let it.

But I don’t really see how we can on the one hand call homophobic for its pejorative use, while at the same time calling racist technical. Racist is prejudice based on race, while homophobic is an aversion to gays and homosexuals, or that lifestyle. And even if it is pejorative, how is it a hate word any more than lazy?

The only reason the word homophobic exists is to disparage those who dont agree with a certain LBGT viewpoint

Admittedly, I also don’t know of any forums that will ban someone for using dyke. You have to admit that some slurs are just more socially permissible than others. I’m not going to change that with my post.

That’s the only reason? Because I can think of a couple of people that are hateful to gays and lesbians. They don’t just disagree—they’re hateful. That isn’t deserving of the aptly-named homophobic?

I dont see it that way

That’s the only reason? Because I can think of a couple of people that are hateful to gays and lesbians. They don’t just disagree—they’re hateful. That isn’t deserving of the aptly-named homophobic?

Phobia is an irrational fear so I dont think it is aptly named nor would it apply to those who hate gays

i like cookies.

Well, good to see this forum will be pulled up anytime someone googles a racist word

Will donuts do?

Yay!

“Cripple” is a hate word? I thought it was just a descriptive word.