U.S. believes Israel has conducted an airstrike into Syria

The United States believes Israel has conducted an airstrike into Syria, two U.S. officials first told CNN.

U.S. and Western intelligence agencies are reviewing classified data showing Israel most likely conducted a strike in the Thursday-Friday time frame, according to both officials. This is the same time frame that the U.S. collected additional data showing Israel was flying a high number of warplanes over Lebanon.

Sources: U.S. believes Israel has conducted an airstrike into Syria - CNN.com
Looks like Israel is fighting back. With reports that Al Qaeda has control of chemical plants in Syria and those accidental missile strikes in Israel, this looks like conflicts are escalating. Don’t be surprised if more combatants join the fray either directly or overtly.

I hope it’s true!

It is true. I heard a confirmation this morning. Israel bombs Hezbollah-bound missiles in Syria: official | Reuters

Good for Israel!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/SusannaHarriff/Smilies/israel_a.gif

Syrian report: Israel bombs outskirts of Damascus for second time in two days - The Washington Post
Seems they’re following up, more airstrikes…or rather that’s what Damascus is saying, it’s a little vaugue as of this moment.

Based on reports I’ve seen, it sounds like there were two strikes, both on Hezbollah-bound Iranian-supplied medium-range missiles. It also sounds like the IDF used missiles or other stand-off weapons that were fired from Lebanon air space at targets in Syria.

Do try to contain your excitement about people dying. This isn’t a hockey game or the NBA playoffs.

Yeah,the bad guys are dying so they can’t kill the good guys. In any case, although people are dying, that’s not what it’s about. “Being nice” just doesn’t work here.

It’s called self-defense, BOP. Those missiles would have given a sworn enemy and attacker of Israel a weapon capable of causing greater destruction deeper in Israel than their current arsenal. That is what Israel destroyed, though it is possible that some of the missiles’ transporters or protectors may have been killed in the process. They assumed that risk.

As a Haaretz reporter apparently noted, at least one country’s “Red Line” was shown to actually have meaning. I think that is closer to Susanna’s meaning than your strawman snark.

I don’t think anyone here is rejoicing at any loss of life. However, I support Israel’s right to protect its land and people. At least they don’t try to fight enemies by making empty threats.

Yes, those poor missiles that had their whole lives ahead of them (at least until they were fired at Israeli civilians)…

I’m not condemning the action. I’m condemning the celebration of it like their favorite team just scored a goal.

I don’t know about celebrating but it seems that Israel’s opponents have at least a 6,000,000+ advantage in “score”…

[quote=“newshutr, post:13, topic:39319”]
I don’t know about celebrating but it seems that Israel’s opponents have at least a 6,000,000+ advantage in “score”…
[/quote] Palestine is always telling others how they do not have enough money for quality of life but do seem to have money to buy missiles.

The missiles were probably destined for Hezbollah, which is not in the Palestinian territories.
I doubt these proxy armies have to pay for the arms they get from countries whose dirty work they’re doing anyway.

It doesn’t matter if the missiles were Hezbollah, Hamas, Al Qaeda or Taliban. They all want Israel and her people DEAD. And while not all of these terrorist groups are “friends with each other” they will gladly support each other to destroy innocent lives.

I support Israel 100000%. I belong to a group called “Christians in support of Israel”. I will always support Israel.

I like you :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: :smiley:

And I you! :slight_smile: Can you tell me why you changed your name? I’ve never really understood what being a Zionist means. Wasn’t Hanoi Jane a Zionist or was she against it?

If anyone else is interested in joining this group, here is the website link:

Make a Difference for Israel Everyday in 2012 | Christians United for Israel