U.S.-Iran nuke talks: On or off?

On the eve of the last presidential debate – focusing, of course, on foreign policy – the White House is flat-out denying there are any plans for one-on-one talks between the U.S. and Iran on its uranium enrichment program.
While WND broke a story this week quoting Iranian sources as saying a deal has already been brokered between high-ranking U.S. administration negotiators and a representative of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and the New York Times followed up today with a story suggesting the U.S. and Iran were on the verge of opening one-on-one talks, the White House quickly denied the story

U.S.-Iran nuke talks: On or off?

The thought occurred to me that if this story is true there is the possibility that the leaders of Iran want a sweetheart deal in place before the election because they fear that if Rommey gets in that he will not play around with them and take a hard line stance against them.

Talks? Why are we talking about Nukes?

I would guess so that we don’t have to spend money on bombing them. And also it will allow Obama to pacify the left wingers that are against war.

I see this as good news. If Iran wants to go to the table it means the sanctions are working, and I think we should negotiate with them. The last thing I want is another war on our hands, we can’t afford to spill more blood and treasure.

Anyone who thinks that Iran is serious about these talks is living in la-la land. Iran is just buying time - and hoping that they can persuade the American public to keep Obama in office. Remember how anxious they were to “talk” with Jimmy Carter about the hostages just before the election? They wanted to keep Carter in office, because they were afraid of Reagan. Remember, too, that they released the hostages on the eve of Reagan’s inauguration.

Sanctions have a LONG history of NOT working, but you are too young to know that.

Our latest example is N Korea…8 years of listening to Klinton tell us he would not allow NK to have a nuke and everyone believed him and you see where it led.

Iran will have a nuke in the coming year if not sooner. Obama will do NOTHING, has not for the past 4 years and will never take any action to stop them…
I have posted this before, I will post again:
Prediction: I will live to see a nuke engagement take place.
and I am NOT a young man[LEFT][/LEFT]

All that the sanctions are doing is making life tough on the average Iranian citizen. The government is doing fine and use the sanctions to solidify their power over the population by taking their pick of what is available.

Anyone who thinks that sitting down to talk with the present Iranian government is a good thing and that it may produce good results is delusional at best and an outright idiot at worst.

RIGHT ON

Sanctions do not work unless you can get the whole world behind 100% and all but shut them down. Cuba is still trucking along, the elite still living the good life.

The real question is who and how will Iran be stopped???

What worthy cause has been accomplished by having sanctions on Cuba?

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:7, topic:36692”]
All that the sanctions are doing is making life tough on the average Iranian citizen. The government is doing fine and use the sanctions to solidify their power over the population by taking their pick of what is available.

Anyone who thinks that sitting down to talk with the present Iranian government is a good thing and that it may produce good results is delusional at best and an outright idiot at worst.
[/quote]Apparently sanctions are not doing much. Yesterday I read about how Iraq is allowing shipment of arms and supplies across its territory and if they do that then other imports are just as possible.

The Iranian government is playing a favorite game over there with phony talks which allows them to pursue their true goals.

Everyone must get involved for it to work. Germany is the main Euro country that trades with Iran.

The most recent problem is the fast reduction in value of the Iranian Rial. Some say that it is a reaction to more recent sanctions and more countries joining the sanctions over their nuclear weapon program. I don’t know how true that it.

Jeeeeeze if I load a nuke on a plane and fly it to Iran, just to show them how one works, I mean in the interests of fair pla-----oooooooppss dropped it! By--------------------------

Did you change your mind, sir?