U.S. publishes details of missile base Israel wanted kept secret Read more here: htt

Israel’s military fumed Monday over the discovery that the U.S. government had revealed details of a top-secret Israeli military installation in published bid requests.
The Obama administration had promised to build Israel a state-of-the-art facility to house a new ballistic-missile defense system, the Arrow 3. As with all Defense Department projects, detailed specifications were made public so that contractors could bid on the $25 million project. The specifications included more than 1,000 pages of details on the facility, ranging from the heating and cooling systems to the thickness of the walls.

U.S. publishes details of missile base Israel wanted kept secret | McClatchyThis administration has gone out of its way to expose potential weakness in our allies by revealing missile installations and sensitive information. By revealing building specs basically to the general public, this administration has made this building worthless.
U.S. publishes details of missile base Israel wanted kept secret | McClatchy

Maybe if Israel were to pay for it themselves, they could also find a way to keep it secret. Maybe they could divert some money from their bloated welfare state. Maybe, if you become dependent on other nations, you actually lose autonomy and sovereignty.

Just some thoughts.

It’s not like Israel isn’t going to pay for it. And as the article states, they aren’t “dependent” on the U.S.; they’re simply open to getting the best guy for the job.

What was ludicrous was anybody putting the specifics online. DUH.
More ludicrous, perhaps, is an article claiming outrage over the specifics being published, then printing the very details themselves all over again.

That’s some outrage they’ve got, eh? But I’m sure Eric Holder will investigate himself on this.

Isn’t there a provision available for bidders on DoD contracts to swear to secrecy? Not that this would have prevented leaks or anything, but I would have thought the DoD would have required secrecy for contractors looking at the bid documents. I’m sure the DoD handles plenty of projects that require secrecy on bid documents.

For example, I’m sure the contractors that bid on and built parts for the stealth 117 fighter had to follow secrecy protocols on the bid documents.

Wouldn’t it have been easy and straightforward for the DoD to have required secrecy protocols in this Israeli thing? Or did they and there WAS a leak?