Uh oh...new poll shows Cruz on top in Iowa

Fox news just said a new poll has Cruz on top in Iowa…

Gee we can’t have that lets vote for hillary/sarcasm

[quote=“samspade, post:2, topic:47917”]
Gee we can’t have that lets vote for hillary/sarcasm
[/quote]Trump may have been wrong. Iowans aren’t so dumb after all.

Cruz didn’t get any Trump votes, they were all from Dr. Carson.

Nationally, Friday’s CNN poll lists Trump 36%, Cruz 16%, Carson 14%, Rubio 12%, all the rest at 6% or less. Carson fading fast. Rubio, the Great White Hope of the RINOs, showed his true colors in last weeks Senate battle over immigration from countries with jihadist movements. A few ads on this position should put him down to 6% where he belongs. Looks like a Trump/Cruz race. A lot of RINO fat cats will be lining up at the Clinton Crime Family Foundation soon to kiss the ring.

[quote=“old_dog, post:4, topic:47917”]
Cruz didn’t get any Trump votes, they were all from Dr. Carson. Nationally, Friday’s CNN poll lists Trump 36%, Cruz 16%, Carson 14%, Rubio 12%, all the rest at 4% or less. Carson fading fast. Rubio, the Great White Hope of the RINOs, showed his true colors in last weeks Senate battle over immigration from countries with jihadist movements. A few ads on this position should put him down to 4% where he belongs. Looks like a Trump/Cruz race. A lot of RINO fat cats will be lining up at the Clinton Crime Family Foundation soon to kiss the ring.
[/quote]Good. Cruz getting Trump votes would be an insult to Cruz.

Some other interesting results from todays Monmouth poll, Cruz and Trump are both up slightly in the “who is your second choice” category with Carson dropping like a rock. Also Trump has lost the lead in the unfavorability race, Jeb Bush now holds that coveted title.

There’s no filter for idiotic remarks, unfortunately. This issue is Trump. The GOP can and will unite for another candidate, but will cleave for Trump. Hell, sam, you want Hillary more than I do if you vote for Trump in the primary. That’s music to her ears.

No Sir. Cruz is going to need those votes. There are several reasons he isn’t attacking Trump’s statements. For many issues, they agree. For the ones they don’t agree, Cruz will hopefully get the Trump supporters to see reason, and I bet he can do that without attacking Trump.

Cruz is calculating - rather than call evil by its rightful name, as most of the other GOP candidates are doing, he is weaselling along with soft statements like “This is not my policy”.

Cruz wants to be the back-up choice of the ignorant. How inspiring - it kind of remind me of how the Dems operate, each and every election.

Yeah. The Democrats are SO interested in finding the BEST candidate to oppose Hillary next year! All you need to do is see WHO it is that the RINOs and Democrats reserve most of their criticism for and THAT’S the candidate the Democrats fear the most. Why you can’t understand that is beyond me. The press, the Democrats, the RINOs, the entertainment industry. NONE of them want a viable candidate to win the GOP nomination, and you’re buying their crap hook, line and sinker.

:coffee_spray:
This is the most laughable post that I’ve seen in awhile.

Cruz is not Jeb, the one that was supposed to be selected by the liberal RNC, therefore, to you, he is calculating and evil. Well…of course he is evil to liberal like yourself. That is because he is a solid Constitutional Conservative and liberals can’t handle it.

Now that Cruz is coming up in the polls, it’s going to be funny watching you repeat even more of these baseless DNC talking points.

But, then again, what do I know? I’m just RET423’s bootspittle.:rofl:

Trump is not my guy–as I’ve said here before–but the more Jazz and other RINOs criticize him, the more inclined I become to vote FOR him…and encourage others to do the same.

Good lord… I really wonder if you type these things just to be a contrarian.

Mr Blutarski has it right, he isn’t Jeb!, who acts far more in line with your depiction.

From what I’ve read, the candidate the Dems fear the most is Rubio - bright, articulate, and able to expand the GOP coalition. Cruz doesn’t worry the Dems so much - he’s the sort they can spin as mean and divisive.

Jeb said yesterday that Trump is “unhinged” - and I agree.

Yeah. WHERE are all the DNC “attacks” of Rubio, then? WHERE are all the RINO attacks of Rubio, for that matter? Any RATIONAL person would watch WHO is attacked the most by those groups and easily determine THAT’S who they fear the most. Rubio killed any chance he might have had for the nomination by voting to ALLOW jihadis into the US, even though we have NO MEANS to properly “vet” them and by allowing Schumer and other Democrats to roll him on the illegal immigrant issue.

You delude yourself in thinking the Dems and RINOs are the same. Who you call RINOs are mainly traditional, main street conservatives who are suspisicous of the TEA party. Dems are mainly liberals. If you see no difference, I recommend glasses.

No, the Dems don’t fear Cruz as much as they do Rubio. Use the internet and see for yourself. (Although given the war among conservatives, they likely don’t fear any of our candidates at this point, since the GOP coaltion is fractured while theirs is united.)

[quote=“Pappadave, post:16, topic:47917”]
Yeah. WHERE are all the DNC “attacks” of Rubio, then? WHERE are all the RINO attacks of Rubio, for that matter? Any RATIONAL person would watch WHO is attacked the most by those groups and easily determine THAT’S who they fear the most. Rubio killed any chance he might have had for the nomination by voting to ALLOW jihadis into the US, even though we have NO MEANS to properly “vet” them and by allowing Schumer and other Democrats to roll him on the illegal immigrant issue.
[/quote]I don’t know that the DNC is attacking Trump more than Rubio but Trump always sets himself up as such an easy target they would probably find it impossible to resist.

Prospect of Hillary Clinton matchup with Marco Rubio “Unnerves Democrats”

According to the NYTimes, Rubio’s the one Dems are most apprehensive about.

Then explain to all of us “unenlightened” folks what’s the DIFFERENCE between the Democrats and the RINOs. They BOTH favor big government “solutions”–often to non-problems. They BOTH think a woman’s “convenience” trumps the very lives of her own children. They BOTH think open borders are a “GOOD” thing–though sometimes for different reasons. They BOTH think taxing Americans at virtually 50% of their incomes is their “right” because THEY know better how to spend our money than we do. They BOTH think LBJ did the “right” thing by allowing Congress to use the Social Security Trust Fund to finance their pork projects. They BOTH have allowed the Democrats to pass anything they like in Congress–even when the GOP has a Congressional majority. Explain to us the difference. They are BOTH liberals, in other words.