UK Death Panels Unmentionable:

Up to 60,000 patients die on the Liverpool Care Pathway each year without giving their consent, shocking figures revealed yesterday. A third of families are also kept in the dark when doctors withdraw lifesaving treatment from loved ones. Despite the revelations, Jeremy Hunt last night claimed the pathway was a ‘fantastic step forward’.

Not News in U.S.: 60,000 on NHS’s ‘Liverpool Care Pathway’ (to Death) in UK Never Told | NewsBusters.org

As someone who used to live in the UK, I find none of this surprising.

Here is the link to the news story to which the NewsBusters article refers. The point the NewsBusters article was making is that US MSM are declining to cover the story to maintain the government-run-healthcare-is-good narrative (by suppressing information contradicting the narrative).

From the NewsBusters article:

From what I can tell, the term “palliative care,” which supposedly “is an area of healthcare that focuses on relieving and preventing the suffering of patients,” is devolving to really mean “lack of care designed to end a life” in the UK.

Mrs. S in CA works for a local hospice (one that has been around for over 30 years, not a fly-by-night neophyte). Allowing a non-stressful natural death process for those who are terminal and for whom death is imminent (estimated at 6 months or less) without aggressive intervention is “hospice care”. “Palliative care” is to mitigate/alleviate pain and provide counseling for those with serious but not necessarily terminal illness.

The future of America. However the politicians in Washington will be given good health care.

In addition to the edits I just did, I should add that, physicians being human and not omniscient, some hospice patients live much longer than the estimated 6 months, and some leave hospice care and live for years longer. That UK system of “care” sounds a lot more like financially-driven refusal and forbidding of care (i.e. even if those patients could pay for their own care, most UK doctors would be forbidden to provide care).

>dailymail

lol

The actual study is not that 60,000 people die, but that 60,000 people are put on the Liverpool Care Pathway without their consent, which is the end-of-life treatment for those who are terminally ill. In other words, the doctors decide there is no reversible treatment, and decide to ease passing. Note that IF THEY GET BETTER, they are taken off of it. I see no statistics for how many of those people actually die, or even how many of those people died of unnatural causes or malpractice.

Now, I’M NOT SAYING IT’S RIGHT, but the DailyMail has it fantastically wrong…as usual.