UN Affiliate OSCE to Monitor U.S. Elections

Monday, 22 October 2012 13:05Concerned About Conservatives, UN Affiliate to Monitor U.S. ElectionWritten by Alex Newman

[LIST]
[]font size http://www.thenewamerican.com/components/com_k2/images/system/blank.gifhttp://www.thenewamerican.com/components/com_k2/images/system/blank.gif
[
]Print
[/LIST]

http://www.thenewamerican.com/media/k2/items/cache/bd1bdaab82d9490ab601878058a87880_S.jpg

An international outfit associated with the controversial United Nations, invited in by various American organizations and authorities, is set to deploy election monitors across the United States for the upcoming November 6 presidential vote. The campaign is supposedly aimed in part at keeping tabs on alleged “voter suppression” efforts by conservatives.

While there have been plenty of legitimate questions raised in recent years about theintegrity of U.S. elections, the latest news sparked fierce criticism from a broad range of organizations and activists. Opponentsblasted the move as everything from a cheap propaganda stunt to a dangerous harbinger of future developments.

Other critics pointed out that the UN and its affiliates have absolutely no jurisdiction on U.S. soil. Besides, outraged activists said, concerns about American elections should be addressed by domestic authorities through constitutional means — not by international organizations, especially discredited groups with dictatorial regimes as members.

Dozens of election observers with a UN-partner group known as the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) will be stationed throughout the country, the outfit said in a statement. The monitors come mostly from Europe and Asia. Among the countries represented are Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Russia, Serbia, and others not exactly known for their regimes’ human-rights track records or even honest elections.

The “observer” mission, according to a statement released by the OSCE, is to ensure that U.S. elections comply with “international” standards. “They [will] observe the overall election process, not just the ballot casting,” a spokesperson for the OSCE was quoted as saying by The Hill. “They are focusing on a number of areas on the state level, including the legal system, election administration, the campaign, the campaign financing [and] new voting technologies used in the different states.”

Concerned About Conservatives, UN Affiliate to Monitor U.S. Election

[LEFT][/LEFT]

United Nations Affiliated Election Monitors To Be Placed At Polling Stations Around The U.S.
Fire it up2508

AP
United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups, a concern raised by civil rights groups during a meeting this week. The intervention has drawn criticism from a prominent conservative-leaning group combating election fraud.

The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), a United Nations partner on democratization and human rights projects, will deploy 44 observers around the county on Election Day to monitor an array of activities, including potential disputes at polling places.

Liberal-leaning civil rights groups met with representatives from the OSCE this week to raise their fears about what they say are systematic efforts to suppress minority voters likely to vote for President Obama.

The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, the NAACP and the ACLU, among other groups, warned this month in a letter to Daan Everts, a senior official with OSCE, of “a coordinated political effort to disenfranchise millions of Americans — particularly traditionally disenfranchised groups like minorities.”

Read more: United Nations Affiliated Election Monitors To Be Placed At Polling Stations Around The U.S. - U.N. Affiliated Monitors At U.S. Polling Stations - Fox Nation

Megyn Kelly is talking about it on Fox news as I type.

My wife is an election Judge and they are supposed to come to Texas…it will be a bad day at black rock if they show in this part of Texas

If one of those UN critters comes within arm’s length of me I’ll be dialing 9-1-1 with one hand while fending it off with the other.

http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/f16/international-monitors-us-polling-spots-draw-criticism-voter-fraud-groups-37909/

I got a sign on my fence: “We don’t dial 911, I am 911”

Advantage of living rural, the Sheriff will tell you (I have been thru the Sheriffs Academy) If you are depending on 911 you don’t need to be living out there, time we arrive it should be over. Hence our castle doctrine law treats us as all but being a sovereign country. You cross my fence you are an illegal alien I don’t care what kind of ID you carry if any.

Mack: United Nations should be Prohibited From U.S. Elections Monitoring

Yea, but we have bammy for a Prez and we know how much he abides by the Constitution. I think we have ourselves an elected dictator…The NAACP among others called them in, now WHO is going to go against the NAACP???

We just recently got the castle doctrine enacted in PA. Before that, the law was pretty much on the trespasser’s side.

I see the US is getting a dose of its own medicine, foreign meddling in purely domestic affairs is quite bothersome isn’t it? Yet your government endlessly pours money into election monitoring and other activities in Russia (well, until recently, when funding of NGOs by other States was banned) and a load of other countries as well.

Face it; Russia hasn’t had a very clean record for fair voting since the Russian Revolution. There’s always going to be voter fraud, but it had to stay pretty much hidden in the U.S. until relatively recent years, such as 2008 when ACORN and the Black Panthers were doing their best to disenfranchise conservatives. Now a UN-affiliated organization is coming in by request of liberal organizations. I’d welcome observers if I thought that fairness was genuinely their goal. As is, I’m convinced that they’re positively hostile toward us.

The Rusky’s don’t know what a clean election is. Like most elected dictatorships the same guy or group of guys wins over and over and over. Like Puting and his gang…I mean coming from country that has ruled with an iron fist and like Obammy will lie and say and publish anything. Russia did not invent propaganda but sure took it to a whole 'nother level…

International Election Observers Warned by Abbott
by Julián Aguilar
TexasTribune.org
October 23, 2012

In a letter to the Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights, a division of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, Attorney General Greg Abbott firmly stated that foreign observers have no business inside local polling places.

“While it remains unclear exactly what your monitoring is intended to achieve, or precisely what tactics you will use to achieve the proposed monitoring, OSCE has stated publicly that it will visit polling stations on Election Day as part of its monitoring plan,” he wrote.

“The Texas Election Code governs anyone who participates in Texas elections — including representatives of the OSCE,” Abbott wrote. “The OSCE’s representatives are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place. It may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance. Failure to comply with these requirements could subject the OSCE’s representatives to criminal prosecution for violating state law.”

The list of states targeted by these UN idiots I’ve seen focuses on conservative states or states trending conservative. So I’m not likely to see one of these fools here in CA. I hope TX’s AG isn’t the only state AG who thus tells the UN idiots where to go, how to get there, and offers to draw them a map.

Here’s another tiddy on this topic from Red State: "Left-wing groups have gone to international organizations in the run up to this election, seeking to apply global governance to the United States. The results of this is that the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE, not the UN as is often reported) has announced it will send election observers, with the implication that Voter ID laws are a problem. Now, the reason they’re only investigating Republican-run areas is that Republicans would never run to the OSCE or anyone else to interfere with American elections. But that said, we must not let the OSCE observers think they are above the law. The OSCE is a voluntary organization and it has no binding authority over anyone, which is why Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has warned the OSCE that Texas laws will apply, including bars on unlawful entry of polling places."
Interesting that it is only Republican run areas… Just more manipulations from the BO camp to get him another 4 years to rape and pillage American liberties.

Certainly the WH is behind this. I heard there are 138 offices across the US that have been sit up manned by lawyers poised to file suit against any state or county they think there might be a voting issue.

The W.H. most assuredly is. Hillary invited them.

In letters to Abbott and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, whose State Department invited the 44 election observers, Lenarčič reiterated that the group is only there to observe the elections.

(Yeah, right. Then why are they concentrating on only ‘Red’ states that are purshing for voter I.D.?

But I do love how TX A.G. Abbot politely told them what they could do with their “observing.”

The letter goes on to accuse the group of having met with liberal organizations that oppose Voter ID laws. The OSCE put out an interim report last week saying that “recent state-level legislative initiatives to limit early voting and introduce stricter voter identification have become highly polarized.”
“The OSCE may be entitled to its opinions about Voter ID laws, but your opinion is legally irrelevant in the United States, where the Supreme Court has already determined that Voter ID laws are constitutional,” Abbott wrote. “If OSCE members want to learn more about our election processes so they can improve their own democratic systems, we welcome the opportunity to discuss the measures Texas has implemented to protect the integrity of elections. However, groups and individuals from outside the United States are not allowed to influence or interfere with the election process in Texas.”

:slayer:
Texas sparks international row with election observers - The Hill’s Global Affairs

Friends, Volk speaks the truth here. America has been monitoring elections in various nations for some time now. I think [ not real sure] this was a Jimmy Carter thing and continued.

The AG of Iowa has also promised to arrest these “monitors” should they interfere with the election or attempt to go where they are not permitted per IA law.

I don’t give a s*** what the Federal Government is doing in other Countries, I don’t want foreigners in my polling place!!

Couldn’t agree with you more. I often wonder what our Founding Fathers would think of how we’ve corrupted their ideals for this country…