UN Warns Americans: Do Not Elect Mitt Romney

by Joel B. Pollak

20 Oct 2012

The United Nations Special Rapporteur on Counter-Terrorism and Human Rights has warned Americans not to elect Republican Mitt Romney in next month’s presidential election, saying that doing so would be “a democratic mandate for torture.”

The UN’s Ben Emmerson was referring to Romney’s refusal to rule out the use of waterboarding in interrogating terror detainees, a practice that President Barack Obama has ended.

Colin Perkel of The Canadian Press reported Emmerson’s remarks from a symposium in Toronto on the impact of 9/11 on human rights:

[quote]“The re-introduction of torture under a Romney administration would significantly increase the threat levels to (Americans) at home and abroad,” Emmerson said.

“Such a policy, if adopted, would expose the American people to risks the Obama administration is not currently exposing them to.”
[/quote]
The UN Commission on Human Rights is a cynical joke, having at pretty much any time in the past 10 or more years some of the worst human rights violating countries in the world as members. The US needs to evict the UN and deport every UN Ambassador (including Susan Rice!) to a West African hell-hole (partially made such by UN people!).

Sounds like a good reason to vote for him.

In a tone reminiscent of Charlie Brown’s noisome but wordless teacher, the UN also asked the Taliban to please refrain from using IED’s (Improvised Explosive Devices).

I could hear the maniacal Talibanian laughter from thousands of miles away.

Not that I was planning on voting for Romney, but I’ll be sure to pay it heed whenever it legitimately becomes any of the UN’s bloody business…

What I was thinking, ought to be worth a 5 point rise in the polls for Romney.

Support for the use of torture is one of the reasons I’m not voting for Romney. A very small reason because there are so many bigger ones not to vote for him. One of the big ones is he wants to stay in the UN and fund idiots like this who give us their “expert advice.”

Now the world is trying to dictate the American election process. OOOHHHH how far America has dropped in the collective eyes of the world, that the UN would actually assay to dictate the the American decision.
Thanks Obama.

Didn’t Obama appoint or at least help appoint Mr. Head of the UN. Chinese Liberal idiot? Ban Ki-moon?

Water boarding is NOT torture: No blood, no broken bones, no bruises, no PTSD, strictly temporary. It works and no one has ever died or been injured from it.

In my world the statement by the UN is an endorsement for Romney

Most idiots have no idea what “water boarding” is. They have no clue what actual torture is for that matter.

Right ON!!!

I had a “discussion” on this board a long time ago with some monkey that was trying to say water boarding was torture. That it was ineffective and didn’t work. I tried to explain to him that it is very effective because your mind plays tricks on you and you believe (even if you know they are not trying to kill you) that you are going to die. He then went on and explained to me how it did not. I asked him for his evidence and for him to please tell me how he knows his mind will not play tricks when getting water boarded. He just came back with “because I know” or something to that effect. I replied that unless he was water boarded his thoughts were just that thoughts and not evidence. HE then asked how many times I was water boarded, to which I responded “3”. He then went on to attack me and even went so far as to threaten me physically. I sent him an email with my address. Still have not seen him.

If Lebanon is any indication Obama’s Foreign Policy could crumble during the Foreign Policy Debate hehehehe! :slight_smile:

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:1, topic:36698”]
by Joel B. Pollak

20 Oct 2012

The UN Commission on Human Rights is a cynical joke, having at pretty much any time in the past 10 or more years some of the worst human rights violating countries in the world as members. The US needs to evict the UN and deport every UN Ambassador (including Susan Rice!) to a West African hell-hole (partially made such by UN people!).
[/quote] Thats a endorsement to elect him LOL Any time the UN hates you you must be doing something right.

[quote=“Jebby, post:6, topic:36698”]
Support for the use of torture is one of the reasons I’m not voting for Romney. A very small reason because there are so many bigger ones not to vote for him. One of the big ones is he wants to stay in the UN and fund idiots like this who give us their “expert advice.”
[/quote] More like he isnt Paul is the reason and your throwing a tantrum.

LOL, I had guy who made big threats on line, was gonna whip me etc etc. So I just posted for him to provide me with an addy of any kind, PO Box or what ever and I would send his a plane ticket and a voucher for a taxi out to my ranch…I then said please note, its will only be one way, getting back will be your problem…then I gave him the link to Texas ‘castle doctrine law’*. Never heard from him again and in fact he dropped off the forum.

In Texas ranches are dang near ‘sovereign country status’. You cross my fence and its a one way trip…

Romney does not suppor torture. Waterboarding is not torture. Pulling finger nails with pliers is torture. Electricity to genetals is torture. Lit cigaretts to eyeballs is torture, castration is torture. Liberals seem to think anything uncomfortable is torture.

Libs are the “if it feels good do it” mentality

If I remember rightly who it was (the fellow Dac mentioned), he got banned not long after that. He was also the one who told me that I didn’t know anything about computers, although I had been programming them longer than he had been alive.

LOL, yea, I think that guy that challenged me also got banned, he dissappeared…I did ask the mods to not ban the guy, I wold deal with it myself, banning was to easy on him