Unethical: Bloomberg/Rauf Collusion

Unethical: Bloomberg/Rauf Collusion
By Pamela Geller
American Thinker
12/24/10

The newly released documents show that Mayor Bloomberg’s office went to extraordinary lengths for the radicals trying to build a mega mosque at Ground Zero – even writing a letter to the Community Board for them. Is it any wonder that Rauf and his wife Daisy Khan were so confident at the hearings about whether the nineteenth-century building they’re going to tear down to build the mega-mosque should be designated a landmark?

At one of those hearings last May, those in opposition to the Ground Zero mosque were in the vast majority in the audience, and were having none of the nonsense being served up by the Community Board itself. From the very beginning the board was only presenting pro-mosque speakers, from elected officials to board members - although I was allowed to speak early after writing on my card that I wanted to speak about “outreach.” After I spoke, they closed the public remarks down for about an hour. After the lopsided vote in favor of the mosque, printed remarks were distributed from the Manhattan Borough President congratulating the Board for its vote.

How did he know how the Board would vote? Was the fix in from the start?
So the whole GZM situation was a loaded dice deal, from the Community Board through the Mayor’s office. The ACLU and Barry Lynn should be howling and filing lawsuits over this … any day now … right?

it’s called politics, right?

More on this collusion:

Mayor Bloomberg’s Office Spearheaded Drive for Ground Zero Mosque Approval According to Documents Uncovered by Judicial Watch
Judicial Watch
12/29/10

Among the highlights:

• A May 10, 2010, email from Daisy Khan, listed as Executive Director of the American Society for Muslim Advancement, to Fatima Shama, Commissioner of the Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs: “Is there a good time to chat tomorrow. We need some guidance on how to tackle the opposition.”

• A letter supporting the Ground Zero Mosque drafted by Nazi Parvizi, Commissioner of the Mayor’s Community Affairs Unit, to Julie Menin, Chairman of Manhattan’s Community Board 1, which had considered a resolution supporting the mosque. Parvizi crafted the letter for Daisy Khan’s signature, asking the board to temporarily withdraw the mosque resolution due to public outrage over the project. Parvizi described the purpose of the letter in a May 15, 2010, email: “What the letter will do, I hope, is get the media’s attention off everyone’s backs and give you guys time to regroup on your strategy as discussed…”