Union soldier's statues!

Dear Suh,
I t has come to my attention that a certain Midwestern state ,whose capital is Indianapolis, has an actual LIFESIZED BLUBELLYED UNION AGRESSOR statue outside their alleged state capital. I move you,Suh, that the next SOUTHERN FRIED SOLDIER desecrated and removed from their pedestal must be compensated by the removal of these Blue Boys from the North!
Anything less ain’t playing fair and we will have to call in the Right Reverend Al “Kingfish” Sharpton to referee the whole thing, which should be good for many doubloons on “Pay-for-View”. I get a Congressional Payola Contribution for coming up with the idea.Something around 25% should be okey-dokey.

The Senator

I assume you younger reprobates and un reconstructed elders do not know who “Kingfish the Lawyer” refers to. GOOGLE UP “THE AMOS AND ANDY SHOW”

Well, there’s nothing fair about war, and the Union boys did win afterall. :usa:

THEY DID???
I can’t say nothing that would not be construed as racist, so we will let it alone…:wave:

So 140 years later you see the south not as fellow citizens but as a conquered people fit only to “fetch wood and carry water” as directed by their betters. Typical northeastern liberal p.o.v.

But I’m Northwestern. BP

And at least the Southern states had a choice to be apart of America once upon a time. Alaskans never got a vote to be regretful about.

If you want to talk about “conquered”, Alaska has more federalized land than any other state. This is many times a huge pain in the arse. We can’t decide what to do with land right next door, until we hear from our “betters” whom are further away than Tokyo.

North Dakota and Texas got to take lead on the frakking boom, while Alaska went through a recession, because the Feds decided not allow an area called the Petroleum Reserve be developed.

If this luck continues, the growth Nome’s been experiencing will shut down thanks to Trump’s tariff nonsense.

WONDER WHY? How much land in the state of Texas is owned/controlled by the FEDS? Approx 3%. Texas leads the US in Wind power production and the FAR LEFT hates it, the EPA HATES it and why does Texas lead? Wind farms are on PRIVATE Ranches. Fracking on PRIVATE Ranches. My bet is that in ND its all on private land.

Once again, capitalism works and wins and GOVT does not work and We the People become the LOSERS as a result!

WHAT Trump Tariffs??? a Link will do

Who are you kidding? Wind energy exists precisely because of the Federal tax credit. Without it, they’re be no reason to invest in it.

it’s equivalent of Ranches or malls in the 1970s. It’s not cost effective, and it’s doomed to collaspe.

> WHAT Trump Tariffs??

Any he plans on passing. Nome’s growth potential is contingent on becoming a transit hub for ships sailing the NorthWest Passage by way of the Bering strait.

But if people in the town are forced to buy American goods because they can’t import anything cost effectively, hardly any ships will want to dock there. Operating costs will be too high.

It’s be like Hawaii and the Jones Act. Protectionism is an albatross; never a benefit.

There you go again, with the bob, weave, dodge. Didn’t YOU write this or did I misquote you: "North Dakota and Texas got to take lead on the frakking boom, while Alaska went through a recession, because the Feds decided not allow an area called the Petroleum Reserve be developed. "

Then you go rambling off into tax credits…while I agree with your 100% that if the feds are subsidizing it it prob not a good idea…the FACT JACK we lead the nation and are one of the worlds top producers of wind energy and petro products because its done on PRIVATE owned land where the far left, and feds have far less control than the do on Alaska Petro Reserve which is controlled by the FEDS…

Texas is the No. 1 producer of wind energy in the United States; it produces more wind energy than the next three states combined. If it were its own country, Texas would be the fourth-largest largest wind-producing country in the world by the end of 2017.

BS; you claimed success in a Government subsidized industry is something to celebrate.

ENERGY CREDITS is the leading tax exploit for cronyist businesses like GE to exploit. Entire subsidiaries of theirs are kept afloat by it.

Next you’ll tell me Texas is #1 in Ethanol production. It’d be a joke for just the same reason.

> Didn’t YOU write this or did I misquote you:

You seemed to have related where I said frakking boom to Wind BS. I don’t know why you did that.

One’s a useful technology, the other is just **** we’re wasting money on.

Oh, and BTW, I’ve been saying that wind is a Scam for 6 God **** years. I’ve sat through presentations by their laboratories where people “brag” about how much it’s growing.
And all I can think of is “You took my money to do that you SoaB.”.

You are smarter than that, I was addressing Private investment on private lands vs Public lands and I told posted my thoughts on fed or any subsidy, go ahead go back and read and then quote me on it or I can quote myself for you.

My buddy BRAGS about his Telsa he bought for $90k and how great it is, he never mentioned the massive subsidy of MY MONEY he got. But I bypassed that, he knew how I felt then I asked him the one question they dodge and weave more than you do.

Who controls the Electric company?

How many electric companies are there in Az where you live in your city Phoenix that you can buy electricity from?

At this point I can tell he is eating the seat out of his chair he is squirming so hard.

At what point in time do you think the Feds will totally regulate your transportation and just how high will your bill go for electricity since the feds not only control it but can slap on adds anytime. Like a premium for folks that drive more than x miles per day or per month per year.

Bob, you know and I KNOW, someday they are gonna OWN YOU!

He had no answer…

That attitude towards the south is straight outta Boston, Hartford and New York though. That’s where the vast majority of the money from the plantation system wound up, too, in the banks that financed it while declaring themselves morally superior for merely* profiting *from slavery, without ever actually *directly *owning any slaves.

Correction, you said this:

Once again, capitalism works and wins and GOVT does not work

But wind Energy is CRONY capitalism. Each time the energy credit comes up for expiration, construction on new windmills drops off by 95%.

It only picks up again after Congress renews it. This is an industry dependent upon Government largess.

[QUOTE=Alaska Slim;777804**]Correction, **you said this:

Once again, capitalism works and wins and GOVT does not work

But wind Energy is CRONY capitalism. Each time the energy credit comes up for expiration, construction on new windmills drops off by 95%.

It only picks up again after Congress renews it. This is an industry dependent upon Government largess.[/QUOTE]
That is NOT a correction, capitalism does work and win, govt does not, Private vs Govt!!!

As for it being CRONY that is arguably false. CRONY is when the GOVT doles out largesse to its friends like they did to the finance sector. Anyone can get a energy credit, even I have received some. NOT to say and I have stated this repeatedly, I do not and have never supported subsidies.

Confederate Monuments Deserve to Go - Reason.com

Taking them down and putting up different statues is a reminder that in understanding the past, we shape the future.

That statement by the writer (Chapman) fails the logic and common sense test. To take down (destroy) help your understand??? Only out of the mouths of the radical far left does that spew…

You leave them up to understand!

He makes what I think is a good point: The South was denying the existence of natural law, claiming instead that man-made law could determine the domain of freedom and natural rights.

The South championed a process I’m sympathetic to (Federalism), but their reasoning wasn’t entirely faultless.

When you hide history you are denying history and when this occurs those that follow you never know and you have forgot the ONLY result is you are doomed to repeat history.

For that very reason, in todays world slavery is alive, very healthy and doing quite well. Mostly its in the sex trade but its as common as it was hundreds of years ago.

What is NOT taught in schools is that America DID NOT invent slavery, it existed for thousands of years before we were a country. But if you ask most blacks they will tell you it started here in America and really did not exist outside the US.

And to this he has a counter-point; was it hiding history when revolutionaries tore down the statue of George III?

> If the men and women of the Revolution were eager to be rid of the images of those who had oppressed them and made war on America, why should African-Americans in the South feel differently about statues of leaders who fought to keep their race in chains?
>
> For a long time, American history was owned by white men and minimized the treatment of blacks, women, Indians, and Latinos. Accommodating our public spaces to their full citizenship doesn’t erase history. It fills in parts that had been shamefully omitted.
>
> The Confederate monuments belong not in places of honor but in museums, as artifacts of past error. They were put up to enshrine an interpretation of the past that has been discredited. Taking them down and putting up different statues is a reminder that in understanding the past, we shape the future.
>
> If there’s a statue of my relative Leonidas Polk honoring his Confederate leadership, I’m willing to see it pulled down. In fact, I’d like to be there to help.

Since I was not there and not on the ground at that time its hard to say, but probably so which is NOT to day every sign of the past has to remain. That said what is being done today in the US is on par with the radical Muslims destroying the relics of the ME because it does not agree with their views.

We are doing the same same in the US because some blacks have their feeling hurt or are offended. Yet we elected a Black POTUS x2 and the TV is so dominated by them that one cannot tell if your are watching the BET channel or a local commentary…

And why shouldn’t they be? This isn’t a minor slight; the Confederates fought for a dehumanizing ideology that took aim directly at non-whites.

An ideology that runs directly counter to that of John Locke and the U.S. Constitution.

Again, Chapman I think has the right of it. Take these statues out of places of honor, and put them in museums, where they belong.

If there’s any statues of Woodrow Wilson, I’d say do the same, for basically the same reason.