uploading images

tonight for the first time in months i was able to upload two images into two forum posts. both were from my pictures files. then that function stopped working again for me. ???

I still see the upload from pc or url when I click on the icon picture frame?

I don’t use the pc option though.

If you don’t have one, I would opt for a picture hosting site like tinypic.

TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

That way you can choose to use your own picture url from tinypic or just use the [img] brackets yourself.

One thing though … If you want to check out tinypic, make sure you have a popup blocker.:yes:

1 Like

patricia

Did you find out what the problem was?

On a side note: I appreciate every ‘Thank You’ xxxx for the great post: but I have a suggestion for our esteemed mods?

Why not have a tier like system for the Thanks option?

I can agree that my posts are fairly decent most of the time but ‘rarely’ do they fall under the Great definition!

How about …

‘Thank You’ xxxx for the so so post:

‘Thank You’ xxxx for the nice try post:
or

‘Thank You’ xxxx for the try again post:
or even …

‘Thank You’ xxxx for the less than stellar but much appreciated post:

[quote=“sillipuddi, post:3, topic:44793”]
patricia

Did you find out what the problem was?

On a side note: I appreciate every ‘Thank You’ xxxx for the great post: but I have a suggestion for our esteemed mods?

Why not have a tier like system for the Thanks option?

I can agree that my posts are fairly decent most of the time but ‘rarely’ do they fall under the Great definition!

How about …

‘Thank You’ xxxx for the so so post:

‘Thank You’ xxxx for the nice try post:
or

‘Thank You’ xxxx for the try again post:
or even …

‘Thank You’ xxxx for the less than stellar but much appreciated post:

[/quote] [MENTION=11555]sillipuddi[/MENTION], your post was so funny I almost gave it another “thanks” and then I thot, but it might be the wrong one!! it would be hilarious if we rated one another’s posts as “so so”, “nice try”, “try again” and “less than stellar but much appreciated” but I doubt if any forum on the internet does that, and probably for good reason. by the way, your system is weighted too heavily anyway toward the middle. what about the extremes at both ends of the spectrum? like
"Thank You" for the awesome, brilliant, cogent, incisive, spot-on post! Thank you for sharing your wisdom! Please do it again soon! I can’t wait!

and at the other end of the spectrum,
“Thank You” for the *really dumb, off-topic, redundant, clueless *post! Thanks a lot for nothin’! Why don’t you go read a book and try to learn somethin’? Don’t hurry back!

anyway, to go to topic: I was feeling dull-witted tonight and didn’t feel up to attempting tinypic but since you are genuinely interested (if you are still online!) I will give it a shot right now. back soon, I HOPE.

I did another one using tinypic tho it was a bit of a struggle. but it did work ultimately. it may be that tinypic is the way to go for me. thanks [MENTION=11555]sillipuddi[/MENTION].

Silli,

Your posts are always brilliant. No other way to describe it. You are no doubt a genius of epic proportions and everybody here would be a fool to not listen to you. You have no equal. You should sleep well knowing this. You deserve it. Don’t let anybody tell you differently.