VA to ban large-scale display of Confederate flag

Using the Govt basis for this also means the US Flag is in danger of being banned and there is a move to ban it…as it comes from an era of time of our founding fathers who were “old white men who owned slaves”. You start with the ‘low hanging fruit’ the Confederate Flag, then when that is killed you now have the basis to go after others such as they are doing now with the Gadsden “don’t tread on me” flag then the US Flag. Its already being banned in places now. Firetrucks, where the decision to ban was that it would distract drivers and could incite or offend other groups.

The radical left learned much from the 60’s. I remember well they went after the American flag then and I remember their voices “flag of old white men”. I remember the flag burning. They have changed their objective, but have not changed the goal.

Ever notice the far left fights what they call “hate” with hate, discrimination with discrimination. Just like when in Egypt one Pharaoh assumed the throne they always destroyed everything from the one before him, we have seen this in Russia, Germany and we will see it here.

VA to ban large-scale display of Confederate flag in cemeteries | TheHill

[FONT=-apple-system-font]VA to ban large-scale display of Confederate flag in cemeteries[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]
The Department of Veterans Affairs has decided to ban the large-scale display of the Confederate flag in cemeteries overseen by the agency, following a House vote to do so earlier this year.

In a letter to Rep. Jared Huffman (D-Calif.) this month, the VA said it will no longer allow the Confederate flag to fly on any flagpole in national cemeteries. However, groups will still be permitted to adorn individual graves with small Confederate flags on two days of the year: Memorial Day and Confederate Memorial Day.

The VA said that after a year-long review of its policies surrounding the flag’s display in its cemeteries, it would change them in accordance with an amendment authored by Huffman that the House adopted in May.

“We are aware of the concerns of those who wish to see Confederate flags removed from public venues because they are perceived by many as a symbol of racial intolerance. We are also aware that the national cemeteries originated during the Civil War and that they are the final resting places of those who served on both sides of that conflict and, as such, flags of the Confederacy are also viewed by some merely as historical symbols,” the VA’s Interim Under Secretary for Memorial Affairs, Ronald Walters, wrote in a letter to Huffman.

While Huffman’s amendment to a VA spending bill passed on a bipartisan vote, a majority of House Republicans voted against the measure. A total of 84 Republicans voted with all but one Democrat in favor of Huffman’s proposal, while 158 opposed it. The provision was ultimately left out of the final bicameral compromise VA appropriations legislation.
Its exclusion from the final bill led Huffman and other House Democrats to urge the VA to change the policy regarding Confederate flag displays on its own in the absence of policy enacted by Congress.

**“While racist individuals and groups continue to embrace the Confederate battle flag, it has never been more clear that this anachronistic symbol of hatred, slavery, and insurrection should not be promoted or gratuitously displayed on federal property,” Huffman said in a statement on Tuesday. “That’s why I am so grateful that the Department of Veterans Affairs responded to our letter and to public concerns and decided to prohibit the large-scale display of Confederate flags on our national veterans cemeteries."

Debate flared over displaying the Confederate flag in the immediate aftermath of the racially motivated shooting at a historic black church in Charleston, S.C., last year. The National Park Service and multiple businesses subsequently announced they would stop selling items emblazoned with the Confederate flag as the nation reeled from the massacre.
A few weeks later, Huffman offered a similar amendment to an Interior Department spending bill that passed quietly by voice vote during late-night floor debate. But some GOP lawmakers, primarily from Southern states, learned about Huffman’s amendment the next day after it had already passed and demanded it be stripped from the legislation.
Rather than stage a politically damaging vote showing their members in support of the Confederate flag, House GOP leaders opted to cancel consideration of the entire underlying spending bill.

Huffman then offered his amendment on the first spending bill to come up for a vote in the House this year. Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) nonetheless allowed a vote on Huffman’s measure to go forward while the VA spending bill was being considered under a process allowing unlimited amendments.

It’s just wonderful to know that the VA & government in general is addressing all of these key issues. Maybe when all of them are solved they will get around to address taking care of the people they should be treating.
As for me & the confederate flag, I don’t care either way. On the other hand if I wanted to put one up I would. If someone didn’t like it they are more than welcome to come onto my property & tell me about it ONCE. After that bad things would happen & I could care less if it’s a neighbor or the president of the U.S…
I 100% believe that each person has the right to protect their property.