Van Sussterin GOES OFF on Cruz Camp

HERE are the words in the Twitter feed that lead to Caron’s outrage at Cruz:

CNN is reporting that Ben Carson will quit campaigning after Iowa. Make sure to tell all of your peers supporting Carson that they should coalesce around the true conservative who will be in the race for the long haul. TED CRUZ

Greta’s words:

Greta Van Susteren: **Horrible!… This is appalling! **
For some reason to me, what happened that night was terrible. But then when they have time for reflection they make it even worse with this statement tonight. It’s just appalling.
Karl Rove: They’re circling the wagons. They know they made a big error. They’re trying to change the subject and they’re circling the wagons.
Greta Van Susteren: Then don’t tell me that Senator Cruz apologized! Because all he does is try to make Carson wrong in this whole statement and Carson didn’t do anything wrong. It’s just completely ridiculous to say Senator Cruz apologized. **They got caught. Now they got double caught. This is horrible and shame on the Cruz campaign!

Greta Van Susteren GOES OFF on Cruz Camp Dirty Tricks: “HORRIBLE!.. Appalling!.. SHAME on Cruz Campaign!” - The Gateway Pundit

**What I’m trying to find out is just what “This statement reads.” I honestly don’t know, and wish the article had a YouTube embedded so we could hear the conversation. Or, at least a quote from "this statement."
It would help.

Bottom line is that it’s appearing to not look like simple incompetence. Heads should roll.
As you may note from the pic in the article, that quote above came straight from either Ted Cruz, himself, or one of his operatives.

Do I REALLY need to say again that I don’t think this had much of an effect on the outcome of the Iowa Caucus?
Do I really need to say again that that isn’t my point?

Carson will resume campaigning tomorrow. In a way, he did quit campaigning after Iowa.

He’s not serious and should drop out.

While I have stated that I have concerns very this turn of events, you can’t trust Rove because he has a visceral hate of Cruz and has for a long time. He has been pushing establishment candidates from day one. They are trying to say that Cruz, himself, was behind this when they don’t know that.

CNN is reporting that Ben Carson will quit campaigning after Iowa. Make sure to tell all of your peers supporting Carson that they should coalesce around the true conservative who will be in the race for the long haul. TED CRUZ

I would like to hear anyone make a reasonable argument that this is an inappropriate thing to tweet to your fellow campaign workers about a breaking news story in the midst of an election day push.

No use of additional spin from anyone, just a simple putting oneself into the shoes of a campaign staffer pushing votes on election day who heard this report and had all his fellow campaign workers monitoring the same twitter feed.

And of course, I am still wondering why the Rubio camp is not being ripped for making the same decision about the same news report.

I guess common sense is only evil when a Conservative uses it, why am I not surprised that FOX has decided to help the Establishment GOP execute their Primary strategy.

Carson accuses Cruz camp of spreading false rumors on campaign suspension

RET, you’re being a horse’s patoot about this.

That Rubio’s camp isn’t getting scoured about this is probably because not too many have heard that he pulled the same stunt. If he did, then he deserves the same.

If you don’t know why it was inappropriate for ANY delegate, campaigner, or person running for office to go along with a rumor fed by CNN or ANYone without bothering to verify the veracity of that rumor with the home team, then I don’t know you as well as I thought I did.

Like I said, use the words of the tweet without spin and make an argument that something is wrong or inappropriate.

I am watching the 3rd Presidential election in a row destroyed by Conservatives who are falling for the same media/GOP propaganda tricks, I have been saying for years that we have learned nothing and because of this a Statist will get the nomination this year as well.

While I cannot do anything to stop this from happening again I can promise you that I will be a “horses patoot” about this right up until Rubio hits the delegate mark he needs to get Clinton or Sanders elected President.

Then I will start again trying to explain EXACTLY how this will play out again in the 2020 Primary step by step if we refuse to learn, but that is still months away so pouring hot coals is the only course that makes sense now.

By all means keep ripping the man that has been standing all alone against the Rubio’s and McConnell’s in the Senate
The man who has been the target of the most scathing rhetoric that has ever left the mouth of Boehner and his ilk
The man who has not sold out one single time
The man who has taken ALL of his campaign promises seriously since the day he was elected
The man who has a long and well chronicled career defending the Constitution in the highest courts in this country
The man that both Party’s say is so committed to his Principles that they would rather have anyone else in the White House
The man that EARNED and therefore DESERVES the respect of every Constitutional Conservative in America
The man who sacrificed his own Senate career to expose McConnell from the Senate floor for all to see.

1 month of creative propaganda and poorly spun criticism about meaningless events like his staff tweeting each other about a breaking news story is all it takes to convert a rock solid man of character into a disappointing snake.

I can’t stop anyone from doing this but I can certainly make sure that everyone is reminded why we only elect scumbags to lead us, when we get the opportunity to elect a good man we turn on him based on the juvenile spin of well known liars in politics and the media.

Every time I hear Ted Cruz’s character and reputation slandered without a shred of legitimate reasoning I will refute it, not because I think anyone will ever change their mind but because Ted Cruz has earned that respect and much more from every Constitutional Conservative.

Good Grief!! It was a LIE because the “story”, which was not even vetted or verified by the way, never says Carson is dropping out of the race. The campaign worker inferred that false assumption to get people to not vote for Carson. Even a dimwit can figure that much out.

Carson accuses Cruz camp of spreading false rumors on campaign suspension

Like I said twice now, quote only the actual tweet and make your case, show me the “lie” so it will be clear whether Cruz is the liar or his accusers.

If Hillary had said she intended to take next week off and go home to Arkansas (or New York–whatever) for some R&R, don’t you think Bernie’s bunch would infer that she was losing interest in the campaign? It’s a logical inference to make.

Especially if she bolted before the polls even closed in Iowa and no votes were counted yet.

This story really needs to die. It was a minor incident at best, and I see no reason to think that Cruz had anything to do with it.

Frankly, having now read the thing about 50 #$@#ing times, I think what probably happened is that the staffer read the CNN article and personally inferred that Carson was dropping out after Iowa and was like “AWESOME! MORE VOTES FOR US! GUYS! GUYS! LOOK! LOOK!”.

I don’t even think this was intended as a tactic to grab a few Carson stragglers.

No spin on my part. You, however, are spinning like a top justifying a bad judgement call by Cruz.

I am watching the 3rd Presidential election in a row destroyed by Conservatives who are falling for the same media/GOP propaganda tricks, I have been saying for years that we have learned nothing and because of this a Statist will get the nomination this year as well.

While I cannot do anything to stop this from happening again I can promise you that I will be a “horses patoot” about this right up until Rubio hits the delegate mark he needs to get Clinton or Sanders elected President.[/quote]
My concern is that Rubio will end up getting elected. Which is why both Cruz and Trump will jump on him like nobody’s tomorrow; NOT each other.

Then I will start again trying to explain EXACTLY how this will play out again in the 2020 Primary step by step if we refuse to learn, but that is still months away so pouring hot coals is the only course that makes sense now.

By all means keep ripping the man that has been standing all alone against the Rubio’s and McConnell’s in the Senate
The man who has been the target of the most scathing rhetoric that has ever left the mouth of Boehner and his ilk
The man who has not sold out one single time
The man who has taken ALL of his campaign promises seriously since the day he was elected
The man who has a long and well chronicled career defending the Constitution in the highest courts in this country
The man that both Party’s say is so committed to his Principles that they would rather have anyone else in the White House
The man that EARNED and therefore DESERVES the respect of every Constitutional Conservative in America
The man who sacrificed his own Senate career to expose McConnell from the Senate floor for all to see.

1 month of creative propaganda and poorly spun criticism about meaningless events like his staff tweeting each other about a breaking news story is all it takes to convert a rock solid man of character into a disappointing snake.

I can’t stop anyone from doing this but I can certainly make sure that everyone is reminded why we only elect scumbags to lead us, when we get the opportunity to elect a good man we turn on him based on the juvenile spin of well known liars in politics and the media.

Every time I hear Ted Cruz’s character and reputation slandered without a shred of legitimate reasoning I will refute it, not because I think anyone will ever change their mind but because Ted Cruz has earned that respect and much more from every Constitutional Conservative.

Look, I never intended to make a mountain out of molehill. As a matter of fact, my motive for starting this thread was to simply clarify what happened, who the source was, let people make of it what they will, and move on.
But, in the same token, I won’t sit around pretending my candidate is perfect, defending him for having made a mistake, no more than I would my own kids or g-kids. If ya make a mistake, own up to it, apologize, and then we can move on.
The way you’re reacting remind me of how my husband reacts if I say ONE THING that annoys me out of the g-kids when they’re visiting.
Him: “Now that’s why I hate even seeing the g-kids visit! The whole family turns into a complete basket case, and I hate it!”

Good grief.

Once again, here is the Tweet for any takers of the challenge.

Not one lie
Not one effort to originate any information into the media cycle
No effort to do anything but encourage their own staff with some positive news

Cruz owes NO apology to anyone, Carson owes Cruz an apology for trying to hang responsibility for his own stupid mistake on Cruz.

Not CNN
Not Rubio
Not anyone who actually put the info out there

Just Ted Cruz, who had absolutely nothing to do with anything and neither did his staff; all of whom acted perfectly reasonably to anyone without an agenda to destroy Cruz in favor of a lesser candidate.

Carson, Trump and the Establishment GOP are liars who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions and are playing dirty tricks on the only viable candidate left who has integrity.

Carson is out even though he lacks the character to admit it right now, I will be looking forward to more “I told you so” in the next couple of weeks when this hack tries to sound convincing when he pretends that his decision to quit was NOT made in Iowa as CNN rightly assumed.

If Carson wanted to keep his supporters in the dark he should not have jumped on a plane and left while the polls were open, any candidate with an ounce of respect for his own campaign workers would have stuck around to thank them for their hard work and been honest about his plans.

Instead Carson just leaves them behind, then lies to them about staying in “for the long haul” when their future is at stake; And tries to help the scumbags damage the Cruz campaign as added benefit. Carson is a coward, a liar and a typical GOP politician, Trump has proved to be the same.

The facts we know now and those which will be forthcoming soon will justify everything I have written here, I will gladly retract and apologize for any part that the facts do not support.

More great stuff.

Here is Kings Tweet;

“Carson looks like he is out. Iowans need to know before they vote. Most will go to Cruz, I hope.”

To which Carson said this;

Carson invoked both Soviet dictator Josef Stalin and the Bible to slam the rumors.

“I believe so much in America, but for some reason, we have allowed things to slip,” he said. “And it was Josef Stalin who I guess put it very succinctly. He said, ‘In order to destroy America … you have to undermine three principles: their spiritual life, their patriotism, and their morality.’”

Carson added of Stalin:

And he said, ‘If you can undermine those things, America will collapse from within.’ Well, we’re within the process of collapsing from within if we continue to accept deceit and dirty tricks and lies. And people who do that are still viable candidates for president of the United States. And we accept it. That’s the problem that’s going on.

So a Cruz staffer interprets Carson’s early exit as a sign that Carson is quitting, a piece of news that was only made public because Carson chose to inform the media, and Carson is then disappointed that Cruz did not drop out of the race and invokes the prophecy of JOSEPH STALIN to declare that Cruz not quitting is evidence that Morality in America is fulfilling the Stalin strategy.

What a despicable, self absorbed moron, I cannot believe I ever thought he was mature enough to be President.

Carter never accepted any blame for the chaos that he set in motion due to being too stupid to do the job either, and Carson looks cut from the same cloth; he is so convinced that he is smarter than everyone else that he thinks he is entitled to success regardless of the decisions he makes.

Carson may be a brilliant brain surgeon but he is a spoiled brat refusing accountability for his own actions in politics.

Meanwhile, Cruz has nothing but conciliatory words for Carson; this is a mistake. Carson tried to set up Cruz and did everything in his power to derail Cruz with childish and ridiculous hyperbole. Cruz needs to learn that both barrels are needed for those who act as hit men for the Establishment GOP, the 3 percent support that Carson has is not worth sacrificing his honor or integrity.

I watched the Megyn Kelly interview of Glenn Beck. Kelly stated that she heard the same information that was put out by CNN. Beck stated that the accusations are ridiculous and what else would someone think if a candidate decides to go home for a change of clothes rather than go on to the next race immediately afterwards? Votes coming in indicated Carson was behind. He had problems with his staffers and campaign before Iowa.

My take; I think Carson saw that he was far behind when the votes started coming in and was contemplating dropping out of the race; he made comment that he was going home for a change of clothing instead of going right away to New Hampshire-- it got to CNN – CNN drew their own conclusions, the Cruz camp heard it and re-conveyed what CNN had reported. Carson caught wind of it and was ticked because he didn’t actually make the announcement but had actually implied that he was dropping out. Carson may have seen it as an opportunity to try to draw some sympathy votes and to discredit Cruz.

Trump then jumped in because he was ticked at Cruz for beating him in Iowa.

The media had a field day with the story.

I will almost guarantee you, that IF Carson does not finish in the top 3 in NH he will drop out of the race. He was done before Iowa.

Exactly, and Carson never mentioning that the Rubio team interpreted the CNN report the same way as the Cruz team tells me that Carson probably is in talks with Rubio to endorse the Rubio bid in exchange for a place in the Rubio Administration and probably some jobs for his senior campaign people.

So of course Carson had to dig up Stalin to condemn Cruz, what a jackass.

Kabuki theater in my opinion.Carson, to my dismay has shown that he is a whiner and complainer if things don’t go his way. I really liked the guy at the beginning but, he needs to drop out and spend time to become a man. Because of his extraordinary skill has become an entitled social lion, and the elements that are politics rub him raw.

It isn’t logical to base an opinion on the outcome, rather than the act, itself. (It’s not like we don’t admonish our kids for throwing a rock if it didn’t hit his sister.)

My complaint of Cruz and/or camp was simply one of incompetence and/or poor judgement. I mean, c’mon…how long have we all known the veracity of what comes out of anyone’s mouth at CNN? Wouldn’t YOU go out to double-check if they said the sky was blue?

Seems a person can’t state a single concern about a candidate anymore, though, without being accused of being a rotten, low-down, dirty scoundrel who hasn’t an ounce of brains enough to be voicing an opinion, much less voting.

The CNN report was accurate and neither the Cruz people or the Rubio people (who are conveniently left out of this) made any attempt to effect the news cycle, they just kept their respective campaigns informed of the latest developments being reported.

To do any less would be gross incompetence on election day with the polls open, if Carson wanted this kept a secret then he should have kept his mouth shut until after the polls closed or until after he had his deal with Rubio in place.

Or he could just bring Stalin into it and condemn American morality for Cruz not quitting the race over it, he made an interesting choice to say the least.