Vatican Paper Slams ‘Star Wars’ Calling It ‘Confused And Hazy’

– Amid a chorus of overwhelmingly stellar reviews around the planet for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” Vatican daily L’Osservatore Romano begs to differ, calling the film “confused and hazy” and, even worse, opining that it “fails most spectacularly” in its representation of evil.
The newspaper owned by the Holy See also wrote that the latest installment in the franchise is not a proper sequel but more of a reboot.
“Not a classy reboot however, like Nolan’s Batman, but a twisted update which fits today’s tastes and a public more accustomed to sitting in front of a computer than in a cinema,” the anonymous reviewer said, adding the film seems to draw from the “sloppiest current action films derived from the world of videogames.”

Vatican Paper Slams ‘Star Wars’ Calling It ‘Confused And Hazy’ | Variety

So someone at the Vatican does not think a movie shows evil properly but they believe global warming is real and we need to give all assets to the government.

I don’t know about the specific movie or the Vatican’s specific complaints. But as a Christian and knowing that George Lucas did intend to promote the occult with the Force in Star Wars, I’m not the fan that I was in my youth.

I agree with FC on Star Wars, but I would suggest that the Pope is confused and hazy.