Victory: Michigan House, Senate Pass Right-to-Work Law

Victory: Michigan House, Senate Pass Right-to-Work Law
by Bryan Preston

2012/12/06

Michigan is about to become the 24th right-to-work state in the United States. This afternoon its House passed right-to-work legislation 57-50. The Senate followed suit and passed it 22-16. Gov. Rick Snyder ® is expected to sign the bills into law, as right-to-work was one of his highest priorities of the legislative session.

Confirmed porcine aviator sighting! Looks like the unions’ thug tactics to prevent a vote on this bill failed.

Woo hoo! I heard about this on the radio yesterday, but it hadn’t passed yet.

Got to get this moved South! Come on Ohio!

My only concern is that those who NEED unions are harmed greatly in RTW states.

From the article:

arack Obama, naturally, opposed the bill, which makes it illegal for unions to skim the paychecks of non-union workers in the state. Otherwise, right-to-work has no effect on collective bargaining rights. The president’s opposition is all about supporting Big Labor’s agenda against the interests of workers.

I heard that jerk on t.v. tonight trying to whine how this was going to hurt the average worker. Fuggetaboutim.

Major applause to MI!!!

And you’re right, Perk. May Ohio, Missouri, and (heaven forbid) Illinois(ing) be next!!!

(And folks? Please don’t feed the troll.)

That isn’t very nice

Wow, I guess he admitted his trollship by responding in the way he did that mentioned “the troll.”

Sangfroid, please look around you, where does one NEED unions anymore? many of the big workers unions have chased big business overseas, thereby going on the dole, and the union coffers are being depleted meaning the union bosses may lose their wages, meaning that ain’t gonna happen so more dues come out of the laid off workers to compensate. There is no more need for unions , once they served a purpose, now they are redundent. Especially government worker unions which can and will shut down government services or teachers unions who are particularly vicious and militant. Note what unions have done all over Europe, Greece, Spain, France, Italy all going broke.

Yeah, OSB, since I haven’t seen any union spokesmen out there denouncing, repudiating or apologizing for the union violence in Michigan and you belong to a union, you must be a violent thug, too. You probably like kicking toddlers in the face, because that’s what unions do, isn’t it?

Yeah, OSB, you like to sling around accusations of tea party racism with NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER to back it up, but right up there is VIDEO EVIDENCE of dues paying union members resorting to violence **because they didn’t get their way. And you can get tarred with the same brush.You should be groveling and begging forgiveness from all the people you deliberately, viciously smeared **with liberal agit-prop, but I’ll bet you won’t even acknowledge this thread exists.

EDIT: Originally named Bulls On Parade as the target of this post, and I confused him with OSB in three different posts. My apologies to BOP for the repeated brain fart. I think I have corrected them all now…

Crowder to the guy who assaulted him…face me in MMA fight or I press charges and you go to jail!

Union workers are nothing but cowardly thugs, the way they attack the innocent when they know they are surrounded by their Communist comrades is no different than what the typical gang members in any city do.

I wish these lazy, Communist scumbags would try this against any group of non union workers in their respective lines of work so everyone could see just how soft and cowardly they really are, anyone can act tough against a college kid/reporter who is outnumbered 1000 to 1.

The only good bully is a bully laying in a puddle of his own excrement and tears.

In lieu of this evidence of an assult on a reporter and a tent full of innocent people, have any arrests been made or charges filed?

Michigan: Teachers Unions Shut Down School Districts to Protest Right-To-Work Law
by Breitbart News

10 Dec 2012

With Michigan teachers unions outraged over the state’s new right-to-work law that allows teachers to work without joining the union, the state’s current teachers are preparing to close down schools in protest. To recap: unions are bankrupting Michigan schools and shutting them down as the localities run out of money. To stop that, Michiganders passed a right-to-work law. Now, in protest of that right-to-work law, unions want to shut down schools.

Well, I’m sure these teachers are “educating” their students about what their teachers really value - their own bank accounts! It might take a few years for the students to recognize the lesson, though.

Gov. Snyder Signs Right-to-Work Law
by Bryan Preston

2012/12/11

Book it, done. MI Gov. Rick Snyder has signed his state’s right-to-work bill into law. Michigan, the home of the United Auto Workers and the heavily unionized auto industry, becomes the nation’s 24th right-to-work state.

The day was marred by widespread union violence in Lansing, Michigan’s capital. Unions bussed protesters in from several neighboring states, and teachers left work in two school districts to protest to such an extent that those districts shut down. Union boss Jimmy Hoffa Jr. has promised “civil war” and the state Democratic Party directly threatened “blood.” Americans for Prosperity’s on-site tent was torn down by unknown union operatives, with people including children inside. Conservative comedian and PJ alum Steven Crowder was assaulted by a man who appeared to be a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers union.

Yep, that union thuggery sure was effective!

The Union ‘Free-Rider Problem’ Myth in Right-to-Work Debate
By Jarrett Skorup

Dec. 10, 2012

With Michigan on track to become a right-to-work state, which would make it illegal to fire an employee for refusing to pay union dues or agency fees, some opponents of the law maintain that this is unfair because those who don’t pay will still be covered by the union contract.

They refer to those workers as “free riders.” This argument is a distortion to shift attention from the benefits of worker freedom.

For example, according to the most recent federal filings, the Michigan Education Association — the state’s largest labor union — received $122 million and spent $134 million in 2012. They averaged about $800 from each of their 152,000 members.

According to union documents, “representational activities” (money spent on bargaining contracts for members) made up only 11 percent of total spending for the union. Meanwhile, spending on “general overhead” (union administration and employee benefits) comprised of 61 percent of the total spending.

Why the union thugs’ “Free riders” slogan-narrative is simply false.

You noticed that, too, eh? lol

Not news to most of y’all, but my biggest eye opener to the idiocy of union workers was back in the early 80’s when these guys from out of state came to work on an apt. complex - right alongside union workers.
No doubt y’all know how well THAT one went. Near came to fisty cuffs and major blows. Of course the union workers wanted the non-union kicked off the job.
Why? The non-union guys were “working TOO hard and gonna work them out of a job!” (Of course.)

So here’s all the union guys all coming at them in a bunch, red-faced and fists clenched, ready for a brawl. Thing is, as soon as the non-union guys heard that, they literally fell out laughing their butts off.
:rofl:

End of braw.

I worked with a woman whose hubby was a Caterpillar employee. One of the things they frequently complain about are “eager beavers” - ie, people who think they should work 8 hours for 8 hours pay. An acquaintance of mine worked there for a while, and quit because he was constantly under fire by his co-workers for doing just that. He tried it again later, and quit again.

I hear whatcher sayin’, but in the scenario I was referring to, the union guys were working by the hour; the non-union by the foot.
What’s funny is the union guys were looking down their superior noses at these other guys - while they were easily EARNING (ahem) 3-4x’s what the union guys were.

But then, it never does occur to union workers to get paid for what you produce.

The first job I had was piece work. Although there was no union there, there was the union mentality. They could probably all made as much as I did. One woman did - she kept just ahead of me; she’d been there for years, and could probably have been making much more all along. I bet she slowed down after I left.