Video From Benghazi Consulate Shows Organized Attack


#1

Video From Benghazi Consulate Shows Organized Attack
Eli Lake


2012/10/12

Video footage from the United States consulate in Benghazi, Libya, taken the night of the Sept. 11 anniversary attacks, shows an organized group of armed men attacking the compound, according to two U.S. intelligence officials who have seen the footage and are involved in the ongoing investigation. The footage, which was recovered from the site last week by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, offers some of the most tangible evidence yet that a military-style assault took place, according to these officials.

The Obama administration has been studying the videos, taken from closed-circuit cameras throughout the Benghazi consulate’s four-building compound, for clues about who was responsible for the attack and how it played out. …

In addition to the footage from the consulate cameras, the U.S. government is also poring over video taken from an overhead U.S. surveillance drone that arrived for the final hour of the night battle at the consulate compound and nearby annex.

Emphasis added. Credit where credit is due: Eli Lake at The Daily Beast has been one of, if not the key reporters in exposing Obama Administration deception and ineptitude over the mess & murder in Libya! TDB and Lake are probably second or third from the top of the Obamian S#$% List, under Fox News and possibly under Breitbart.com. So, two key questions (at least!) shout out from this article: 1.) "Recovered last week? Why did it take 3 weeks for the FBI to get what would have been the first thing they would seek from the consulate? 2.) Intel people watched, live via drone, the last hour of the attack? How did they know to send one, was it armed, AND HOW IN HADES COULD UN AMB. RICE AND PRES. OBAMA, DAYS LATER, DARE BLAME THE ATTACK ON PROTESTS OVER A MOVIE TRAILER?!!! Obama, at least, would have had to work HARD to avoid knowing the truth. Rice, OTOH, could have been a victim of the Mushroom Treatment - kept in the dark and fed s#$%.

The WH and the MSM (e.g. ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, Boston Globe, NYT, WashPost) have a lot of ‘splainin’ to do: **1.) Why is the WH putting Obama’s reelection above the security of US soil and US government representatives, and then lying about the consequences of its neglect?! 2.) Why are the MSM participating in the WH cover-up - delaying covering of the story, minimizing the story, and attacking people who want to expose the Obamian negligence and prevarication?!


#2

Lemme get this straight…
The Benghazi mission had been requesting increased security since last spring; they had local rent-a-cops hired by a firm in Wales.
The coordinated attack was videotaped from the mission as well as observed by an overflying drone.
Within 24 hrs, US intelligence services knew not only it was a planned attack, they knew its origins, in al Qaeda.
The day after the attack th
e US State Dept in Egypt apologized for the video, while back in the States the videographer was taken into custody.
Three days after the attack, Sec of State Clinton stood beside Stevens’ casket and blamed the video.
Five days after the attack, Susan Rice, the US ambassador to the UN, proclaimed repeatedly on the various Sunday morning talk shows that the Libyan authorities were wrong, and that it was not a premeditated attack.
Thursday last, Stephanie Cutter, the president’s deputy campaign manager, said the only reason the nation and media were still talking about the event was the Romney campaign’s politicizing of it.
That night, Joe Biden said the administration did not have the same intelligence reports that the State Dept possessed.
Friday morning, WH Press Secretary Jay Carney refuted that saying it had all the intelligence reports.
This morning, David Axelrod, the senior strategist for the Obama campaign was asked how Madame Rice could be saying it was a spontaneous attack based upon an obscure video, when the State Dept, the intelligence services, and the Libyans themselves knew it was nothing of the sort? His response: “Well, I think the president is responsible for everything that happens on his watch. and I mean, it isn’t the – it isn’t us or anyone else who is suggesting that that is what the intelligence was at the time.”

I want answers and I want them sooner rather than later. Aside from the criminal incompetence involved, there’s a coverup going on, and I don’t think throwing the State Dept and US intelligence agencies under the bus is going to satisfy me.


#3

That’s about it, Sway. Possibly the most important relevant fact I know you omitted is that the videographer was taken into custody and is charged with probation violation(s). He was convicted of some sort of bank fraud, and the terms of his probation forbid him from using a false name in any sort of public activity. He used an alias to produce/distribute his video.

But, yeah! The Obama MALAdministration started out blaming the video, before (as they now claim) knowing the real cause. Then after being forced to acknowledge the attack was purely an attack and by the A-Q types, the Obama MALAdministration recently crowed about being dead, they claimed not to have known, due to bad intelligence. Now that it is known that an drone was overhead filming while the attack was yet in-progress (suggesting a nasty question … Was the drone really unarmed?) and that the Libyan Ambassador and security people had been pleading for months for stronger security (instead of the concurrently ongoing weakening of security!), the Obama MALAdministration is pleading ignorance on both counts.

Really? First, it’s just not credible that Foggy Bottom bureaucrats would, on their own authority, both deny pleas to strengthen security and keep superiors in the dark about those pleas! Bureaucrats don’t have that kind of courage when their careers could be at stake. Second, the claim that intelligence operatives and supervisors would passively watch a quasi-military attack on US soil and representatives, not call for armed reinforcements (a request that would be decided on by at least one, probably two cabinet secretaries - State, and Defense - possibly three, if the CIA is under DHS), and not inform superiors all the way up to the cabinet level (and possibly the White House), is similarly ludicrous. The nature of their jobs is to inform, and do so in time for decisive action. And, again, they would not risk their jobs by keeping superiors in the dark for a week or two.

Neither Obama MALAdministration plea of ignorance is even slightly credible. They knew it was an organized attack while the attack was yet underway. They would have had at least strong indicators that A-Q was involved within hours, if not concurrently or beforehand. And I’m sure one or more cabinet members knew of the pleas for strengthened security weeks before the attack, if not months before. And maybe had Pres. Obama attended daily briefings rather than golf courses, campaign fundraisers and campaign rallies, he personally would have known of the pleas and the deteriorating security situation in Libya!

So, yes, there’s a huge cover-up going on. It’s much more broad than Watergate, and it’s far more significant than Watergate. And, no, we aren’t going to learn anything from the Obama MALAdministration other than confirmations of what the likes of that reporter at The Daily Beast and Fox News exposed several days or weeks before. And if the man inaugurated POTUS next January is Mitt Romney, expect choruses of, “It’s old news,” from the MSM. MSM covering up and/or minimizing D scandals dates back at least to covering up JFK’s philandering.