Video: Planned Parenthood Official Argues for Right to Post-Birth Abortion

Video: Planned Parenthood Official Argues for Right to Post-Birth Abortion
11:36 AM, Mar 29, 2013
WeeklyStandard.com
By JOHN MCCORMACK

Alisa LaPolt Snow, the lobbyist representing the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, testified that her organization believes the decision to kill an infant who survives a failed abortion should be left up to the woman seeking an abortion and her abortion doctor.

“So, um, it is just really hard for me to even ask you this question because I’m almost in disbelief,” said Rep. Jim Boyd. "If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?”

“We believe that any decision that’s made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician,” said Planned Parenthood lobbyist Snow.

Rep. Jose Oliva followed up, asking the Planned Parenthood official, "You stated that a baby born alive on a table as a result of a botched abortion that that decision should be left to the doctor and the family. Is that what you’re saying?”

Again, Snow replied, “That decision should be between the patient and the health care provider.”

There is a video embedded in this article, and it’s not a context-free 10-second sound bite. And an even more full-length video of this woman’s testimony is linked at the bottom of the article. This is a person hired and trained to represent PP. I do not believe she would dare represent her own opinions as the view of PP! Just! AMAZING!!!

Pro-abortionists are EVIL and this proves it.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:2, topic:38871”]
Pro-abortionists are EVIL and this proves it.
[/quote]What is sad, is that any decent person would see this and denounce and castigate Planned Parenthood and anyone who supported them. [crickets]

When would a baby ever be plopped onto a table as a result of an abortion? Never. Why is that question even being asked? She tried to move off the question, and he kept prodding for whatever reason.

[quote=“Trekky0623, post:4, topic:38871”]
When would a baby ever be plopped onto a table as a result of an abortion? Never. Why is that question even being asked? She tried to move off the question, and he kept prodding for whatever reason.
[/quote]Gosnell severed the necks of several “alive” children. I am sure he wasn’t the only one.

Actually, failed abortions happen, Trekky, in which the baby survives. Gianna Jessen comes to mind, and there is a Federal law concerning such cases. And a certain IL State Senator voted against such a state law for IL.

The MSM seldom cover such cases. They don’t want their pro-abortion narrative complicated by unpleasant realities. As for the aptly named Snow, she wasn’t trying to get off the subject because babies surviving abortion attempts doesn’t happen. Snow wanted to get off the subject because such cases do happen. And she knows PP’s stance on such cases will be very difficult to euphemize.

Here is the Grand Jury Report for the Gosnell case. The incidents Tiny mentioned are found on pages 99-116 (out of 281). The Gosnell case is so egregious and outrageous that the MSM have been forced by its notoriety to give it more than token coverage.

Another abortion survivor’s webpage. If the 44,000 abortion survivors in the US estimate is at all close to correct, that’s a very decent-sized small city! But PP lobbyist Snow and the MSM don’t want to talk about it!

So, if an abortion is conducted, and the baby lives outside of the womb, this woman argues that you should let it die slowly without life support because that was the choice of the mother and her physician. Um, what if a mother gives birth voluntarily and decides a few minutes afterwards, she doesn’t want the kid. Is she allowed to smother the child? What if the mother gets sick of the kid 6 months later. Can she drown the child? What if at 18-years old she decides the kid was a mistake, can she murder the kid? Where exactly does Life and the right to Life Begin? First Heartbeat? First breath? That’s a really important question because the Pro-Choice people are inching ever further along the life timeline of a kid where the mother can KILL the kid. And I will use that term. It is one’s choice to have an abortion and I am a Libertarian who doesn’t want to see 33 million more welfare babies on the government droll so, I don’t support banning abortions. Nevertheless, the choice made is the choice to KILL ONE’S CHILD! In the womb, out of the womb, same creature, zygote, fetus, human, whatever you want to call it. Even among Pro-Choice People, don’t you find this a little absurd? If it is alive and on the operating table, doesn’t a doctor have a Hippocratic oath to render aid? Or is it not worthy of life the second Mom decided it wasn’t? This is insane. Having an abortion is one thing, sitting there and watching a newborn die a more painful death than we inflict upon terrorists is beyond my recollection.

[sarcasm] Horrors, FL! You just posted a “Slippery Slope Argument”! You can’t do that when it leads to a conclusion Progs, Libs and self-designated Moderates don’t like! [/sarcasm]

Sarcasm aside, it is not even a full step from killing a baby who survived an abortion to killing a baby half a minute after delivery. And only slightly more than a step from killing an abortion survivor to killing a baby a week or a month after delivery. And it need not stop there. That’s the slippery slope one leaps onto when one separates being human - something scientifically verifiable - from “personhood”, a vague and pliable concept that is almost infinitely manipulable.

Okay. Well, in my opinion, if a living person comes out as a result of a botched abortion, it’s the doctor’s job to do everything in his power to help his new patient, the baby. And this is another reason why late-term abortions should be outlawed.

Planned Parenthood Official Argues For Right To Post-Birth Abortion (+video) | Restoring Liberty

I know I couldn’t sit still in that room hearing that.

And the pro-abortionists on this site that have defended abortion and PP wonder why they are considred to be EVIL.

But if a teacher stands between his class and these bloodthirsty monsters to protect them they fire the teacher.

I wonder if those who support killing children would feel the same if the law allowed the killing of those who espouse the murder of children? Using the same attitude I am sure a case could be made that killing those who think children should be killed would be prudent.

These being the same story - though linking different websites - I merged the threads.

Liberals are Evil, they are not capable of shock or outrage regardless of the magnitude and volume of horrors that their Mengelesque comrades support and commit everyday of their lives in their effort to satisfy their bloodthirsty obsessions.

NHB

Well this lady must be pro the abortionist who is on trial for murder along with many of the employees of his abortion mill. This mentality is simply the logical end result of those who believe that life has no purpose other than for unencumbered self-gratification. And, it follows that anyone who interferes with that process is subject to be exterminated–such as the unborn, and now the “post” birth infants. Notice how the PC crowd likes to soften the heinousness of these acts by using catchy words? Typical of propaganda. Next…killing people who are sick or old will be targeted. Anyone read “The Memory Keeper”? It’s a kids’ book, but it tells a story of a future world where only one person in a community has the memories of history(implied to mean that the history of mankind is much too terrifying for the general public to deal with)–and in it they send older people to be killed because they’ve outlived their usefullness. Our poor children…

This is the same thinking that pp foundress, Margie Sanger held. One of her statements is that the smartest thing parents could do would be to kill their infants. I quoted her directly in one of the threads here some time ago. Nice lady…and her devotees are making her proud as she sweats out eternity…

Trekky: Do you ever read the news? Educate yourself:

The Philadelphia Abortion Doctor Trial Will Sicken You - Philip Bump - The Atlantic Wire

Philadelphia abortion doctor on trial ran “house of horrors:” prosecutor

» Horrifying testimony at murder trial for abortion doctor » News – GOPUSA

If you think this is an isolated case, why don’t you further educate yourself by going to the “Feminists for Life” website and read some of their accounts of real women who have gone through abortions and what happens all too often to women and their babies in abortion mills. Before opening mouth, remove foot first.