Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests

Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests
2/15/13

Moscow. Farid Akberov – APA. Russian nationalist lawmaker Vladimir Zhirinovsky, long known for his flamboyance and outrageous remarks, said Friday that meteorite fragments had not rained down on Russia in the morning, but that the light flashes and tremors in several of the country’s regions resulted from US weapons tests, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.

“Those aren’t meteors falling, it’s the Americans testing new weapons,” Zhirinovsky, leader of the Liberal Democratic Party, told journalists …

Zhirinovsky seems to be well-known for spouting nuttiness like this. OTOH, he is vice chairman of Russia’s State Duma, the equivalent to whoever is second to Speaker of the House Boehner. So he’s at once a paranoid fruitcake and one of the more powerful people in the world.

That’s the way to keep Russians hating American’s thus continuing the cold war type of mentality.

Sort of like Biden?

Biting my tongue … biting my tongue …

:rofl:

I prefer his out front approach, the Russians are no friend to Liberty, the United States or Justice.

I like it much better when they are open about their hate inspired paranoia, it makes things a lot simpler.

Now if we could just get the GOP to follow this lead and come out of the closet shouting their actual opinion of Conservatives we could start drawing some meaningful lines.

At least we know the Russians are still deathly afraid of us