Voted yesterday.

And I think I have come up with a good strategy for those of us that are still undecided.

Here in TN, we have two large sections in the ballot: A “preference poll” and the delegate selection. So, what I did was split my delegate vote among my several top choices. I voted evenly for delegates pledged to Santorum, Huckabee, one less for Cruz and three for Trump.

Follow the logic: Really, at this point, we’re making sure ISSUES are represented at the Convention more than supporting specific candidates. I am a SoCon and have been VERY open about this my entire 7 1/2-odd years here at RO. But I recognized some names in the Trump list and so voted for them. Not because they’re pledged to Trump, but because I know their track record on issues I am passionate about; one of the Trump delegates has introduced Constitutional Carry legislation every year the last few years in our General Assembly and another is well-known in this State for advocacy of SoCon issues in Nashville.

I am still undecided overall, so I wrote in James K. Polk for the Preference poll.

Let the Trump/Cruz flaming commence.

I have a better solution, decide who the best candidate is based on legitimate, exhaustive research compared against a personal ideology that has been formed with equal effort before the media starts manipulating you, then stick with them and use your well researched and thoughtful insights to sway others.

But your way has its advantages, no real research is needed and so no real conviction will form, when the GOP gets their hack nominated you can just say “oh well” and go back to whatever for another 3 1/2 years.

As Democrats well know, a vote for Trump in the Primaries is a vote for Hillary or Sanders in the General. Why do you think so many Democrats cast Trump votes in the two (so far) “open primaries?” Trump will also win Louisiana–which is “open,” too. Cruz will win Texas, Oklahoma and some other closed primaries.

The Democrats knew 4 YEARS ago, who their nominee would be.

Cruz and Trump may pan out like you say, but I know an awful lot of Republicans - many who consider themselves conservative - who are determined to see Trump win. So it ain’t just the Dems voting for him.

The Democrats knew 4 YEARS ago, who their nominee would be.

They don’t look quite so sure now.

Don’t be fooled. Hillary has twice the delegates that Sanders has because of that corrupt “super-delegate” system the Democrats love so well.

Secondly, it’s TRUE that many self-described “conservatives” like Trump. Most, in my opinion, base their support on those two issues–stopping illegal immigration and halting Muslim “refugee” immigration which he’s promised to do–even though he hasn’t told us HOW he’ll do either. As I said, I don’t trust the man to do ANYTHING he claims he’ll do. He’s a clown–and Rubio, last Wednesday on a CNN “Townhall” show, virtually parroted the BLM talking points about why that organization even exists! If that becomes well-known, he’s toast.

I researched. Huckabee would have been great, as would have been Santorum. Rand wouldn’t have been bad, and I still can’t tell much difference between the rest.

Trump people seem like a personality cult, Rubio appears to be the Donor Class pick, Cruz is a Johnny come lately and his (and Trump’s) attacks are unseemly.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Don’t agree. Huckabee is a likeable guy. No question about it. BUT, he governed Arkansas as pretty much a liberal–issuing “commutations” and “pardons” to criminals who immediately went out and committed other crimes…in one case, a double murder less than 6 months after leaving prison, even after being warned by prison officials that the guy was likely to offend again.

I read this morning that Trump is now questioning Rubio’s eligibility to be president. In Donald’s world, anything goes. His moral compass seems to lack integrity or control. This is why I cannot support his primary bid.

That, and the chances of him making good on much of his campaign rhetoric is nil - Mexico will pay for the border wall. Really? He’s going to round up 12 million people, do something unknown with their property (confiscate it, impose KELO/imminent domain or what?) and march them out of the country. Really? He is going to see that Obamacare is repealed, promising to then replace it with ANOTHER government imposed plan. Just what we need - Trumpcare.

Trump has done a masterful job of hitting on issues that have us all pissed off. He then often proposes over-the-top solutions designed to play to that anger and to occupy the news cycle. (ie: See the first sentence of this post).

Trump is NOT full of sht on everything - his proposals to reduce corporate taxes, regulations and to reverse corporate inversion and getting their “offshore” money back in America is sound. But, he’s not the only candidate proposing this. Trump is not the only candidate who would move to secure the border and reject ME refugees. The only candidate that hasn’t pledged to sht-can Obamacare is Kasich. Trump is not the only candidate proposing strengthening the military and raising our influence around the globe.

Do I want a “shoot-from-the-hip”/say the first thing that comes to mind Trump in control of our military? A man who has no clue whatsoever regarding the tribal/cultural relationships in the ME? A man who has ZERO knowledge about Sunnis, Shiites or Kurds and the various terrorist groups at play in the ME and North Africa? I’m not convinced that I do. Yes, he can seek guidance from “experts”, but personal ignorance rarely intersects with wisdom.

Frankly, I think Trump will likely get the nomination. If you think I have reservations about it, you would be correct.

I thought we’d already been over that one. That he embellishes upon what news reporters report, why is he responsible? (ahem)

That, and the chances of him making good on much of his campaign rhetoric is nil - Mexico will pay for the border wall. Really? He’s going to round up 12 million people, do something unknown with their property (confiscate it, impose KELO/imminent domain or what?) and march them out of the country. Really? He is going to see that Obamacare is repealed, promising to then replace it with ANOTHER government imposed plan. Just what we need - Trumpcare.

Easy peezy getting Mexico to pay for the border wall. That one, too, has been covered a million times. So has getting illegals to self-deport.
As for Obamacare, he does call it a disaster. I’m still unsure what, exactly he plans to do about it.

Trump has done a masterful job of hitting on issues that have us all pissed off. He then often proposes over-the-top solutions designed to play to that anger and to occupy the news cycle. (ie: See the first sentence of this post).

Trump is NOT full of sh*t on everything - his proposals to reduce corporate taxes, regulations and to reverse corporate inversion and getting their “offshore” money back in America is sound.

No, it is NOT! THAT is my one main reason for keeping him as far away from trying to solve our economic problems as possible!
And, I will admit that someone who should be as sound of mind of world and home economics as the world trader as he is, he’s got me absolutely baffled at how UNsound his solutions are.

But, he’s not the only candidate proposing this. Trump is not the only candidate who would move to secure the border and reject ME refugees. The only candidate that hasn’t pledged to sh*t-can Obamacare is Kasich. Trump is not the only candidate proposing strengthening the military and raising our influence around the globe.

You’re all over the place here.
Yes, Cruz, too, has talked about strengthening our border, ‘fixing’ illegal immigration, (admittedly, don’t know the specifics), and I completely agree with his tactics regarding letting the military taking control over what’s going on in the Middle East, and our ‘war’ with terrorists. His spot on RIGHT about that.
(Although I haven’t heard Cruz actually say it, I’ve no doubt that he’d favor strengthening our military wherever needed.
Honestly, I have to take a moment to envision how he’d go about restoring our kinship with our allies. Really. I’d have to take a step back on that one where Trump is concerned, too.)

Do I want a “shoot-from-the-hip”/say the first thing that comes to mind Trump in control of our military? A man who has no clue whatsoever regarding the tribal/cultural relationships in the ME? A man who has ZERO knowledge about Sunnis, Shiites or Kurds and the various terrorist groups at play in the ME and North Africa? I’m not convinced that I do. Yes, he can seek guidance from “experts”, but personal ignorance rarely intersects with wisdom.

Don’t know as that excites me as much as it does you, but it does give pause for thought.

Frankly, I think Trump will likely get the nomination. If you think I have reservations about it, you would be correct.

I think Rubio will get the nomination. If you think I have reservations about that, you’d be understating it by a mile.

Most support for Trump out of Republicans and/or Conservatives I know comes from their sheer anger at the RNC for the stunts they keep pulling, and their vote is to send a message to THEM.
And, frankly, I DON’T BLAME THEM! I’m just as fed up, myself!