Waiting for the fallout

I saw this yesterday afternoon and have been waiting for the crap to hit the fan. I’m wondering how a VFW member with explosives outside a Mosque isn’t being connected back to us yet. Could it be that the kinder, gentler times are upon us?

http://hercules.rr.com/images/providerlogos/623/Xx21.jpg

Calif. man accused in plot on Mich. mosque

Published - Jan 31 2011 03:25AM EST
By JEFF KAROUB - Associated Press

DETROIT — A Southern California man caught with explosives in his vehicle outside a large suburban Detroit mosque where mourners had gathered for a funeral was planning to try to blow it up, authorities say.

Dearborn police Chief Ronald Haddad said Sunday that authorities believe Roger Stockham was acting alone in the plot against one of the nation’s largest mosques but still take him “very seriously.” He was arraigned Wednesday on one count of making a false report or threat of terrorism and one count of possessing explosives with an unlawful intent.

Stockham had a large but undisclosed quantity of class-C fireworks including M-80s, which are outlawed in Michigan, Haddad said.

“I was comfortable with the fact that we had taken him off the street _ he isn’t going anywhere,” Haddad said. “I think the society he wanted to impact is safe.”

So this guy was going to blow up a mosque with fireworks? Definitely a rightwing person—:rofl:

Give them time, they’ll find a connection to extremist right-wingers.

Maybe they are actually going to start enforcing laws on nut-balls who are a threat to society and getting them off the street. But that would be too easy. M-80’s, seriously! If they went off, the worst that could happen is they would take a shovel full of dirt and fill the hole.

This man clearly needed to contact a terrorist group for some tips on how to make a car bomb. Nevertheless his goal was to kill them eventhough he did not have the right materials to do the job. I believe it is best that this idiot is taken off the streets.

Careful…You mentioned “terrorist”, “car bomb” & “kill” all in one paragraph. Expect a call from Homeland Security. Just Kidding:yes:

Saw that too and kept waiting for more information. I think the lack of reporting is telling. Don’t you?

:rofl: Oh snap!

We may never hear if he’s a lefty.

Stockham had a large but undisclosed quantity of class-C fireworks including M-80s, which are outlawed in Michigan, Haddad said.

So next fourth of July I might be arrested for having “explosives” ??? holy sheep

Ask and ye shall receive:

Another Liberal Meme Bites The Dust
January, 31, 2011 — nicedeb

Anti- Muslim tea-bagger, right? Mission accomplished, Beck, Limbaugh, Palin and Hannity, right?

OOOOPS!….not so fast:

[quote]According to federal records, Stockham pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to federal charges stemming from the case in Vermont in 2004. That included threatening the president, mailing threatening communications, threatening by use of the telephone to use explosives, and threatening witnesses.

And lefty bloggers had such high hopes…

Think Progress reacted by playing up some rare examples of anti-Muslim hate crimes, and ending with dark hints that anti-Muslim rhetoric may have influenced Stockham’s actions, naming NY Congressman, Peter King specifically:[/quote]

That explains it! Thank you

I’m guessing some Progs are finding this swift response to the all too predictable blame-the-right narrative disturbing. The swiftness means some one(s) did not wait for the accusations but checked the would-be-perp’s background. That means that folk like Ed Schultz, Think Progress and the whole knee-jerk left-wing fever swamp face the prospect of their reflexive accusations being slapped down with facts within minutes. The knee-jerk left-wing fever swamp make their reflexive accusations relying on enough delay in response for their accusations to cause PR damage. Swift factual responses have the potential, not just to neutralize false accusations, but to give the false accusers a metaphoric ( :biggrin: ) bloody nose.