We choose the nominee, not the voters: Senior GOP official

Instead of everyone having to sit through almost 5 minutes of the video on the linked page … I found the ‘pertinent’ (and shorter) part of the conversation on youtube to post.

Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

We choose the nominee, not the voters: Senior GOP official

Then why are we voting?

So they can pretend that they’re giving us a choice…

It has been obvious that the GOP has been working overtime to get their own man in. They have made the rules so that conservatives have little chance to gain support. This election cycle should have been weeded down with fewer candidates some time ago. Now we hear about a brokered convention with removing the top man who has gained the favor of many people. Cruz as well is persona non gratis with the GOP which wants to put another RINO in or throw the election once again to the democrats.

This election is the republicans to lose with the fact that many are disillusioned with what the democrats have wrought. Hillary is facing indictment and Sanders is just an old communist.

Why do we bother voting for the people they choose? If they screw Trump of Cruz out of the nomination that they earn I will vote for them if they run 3rd party just to stick it in the faces of the RNC.

A good article on this topic was written in the Atlantic about this topic.

The so-called "elites"of the Republican Party (RNC, Romney etc.) have diverged substantially from “regular” republican voters, and that has led to the odd conflicted position in the GOP o Trump or Cruz.

Here’s the article. It has a slightly patronizing tone and is a little biased, but I think its pretty good on substance, especially at the beginning:

Will the Republican Party Survive the 2016 Election? - The Atlantic

I do think the RNC is looking much more undemocratic than it was once believed to be.