We do not need the military

Or how liberals avoid reality. It is always interesting when I see some liberal douche claim the military is unnecessary and all things can be resolved if only we sat down at the kumbyah table and work out our differences.

College professor Colman McCarthy had an op-ed in the Washington Post over the last week decrying Ivy League schools accepting ROTC and military recruitment on campus in the wake of the overturn of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. In it, he reveals his feelings on our military and the brave Americans who sign up to serve.
To oppose ROTC, as I have since my college days in the 1960s, when my school enticed too many of my classmates into joining, is not to be anti-soldier. I admire those who join armies, whether America’s or the Taliban’s: for their discipline, for their loyalty to their buddies and to their principles, for their sacrifices to be away from home. In recent years, I’ve had several Iraq and Afghanistan combat veterans in my college classes. If only the peace movement were as populated by people of such resolve and daring.

The Left-wing Attitude Toward the Military

Look at the comments and see how brain lacking liberals decide that if only the military was gone this world would be a better place.

The left hates the military because of one word: Cowardice.

All of those academics have a deep rooted fear of having to actually stand up and place something at risk. This is why they hate capitalism also.

College professors, as a community, are the most cowardly excuses for human beings I have ever seen. It must be nice to spend your early adulthood in school only to turn around and teach others what was taught to you and then have people actually care what you think.

An E-1 Marine is far more respectable and his opinion carries far more weight than this overpaid philosopher.

Not to mention that these college professors tend to suck off of the government teet and act like they’re better than everybody else.

Where did he say he didn’t want a military?

I know we need a military, and I know world peace isn’t possible. I just don’t think we need to pump endless amounts of money into the system, so we can build another base to go along with the other 700 (all around the world) that we don’t need, or some new submarine to fight enemies we don’t have. You want to cut the deficit, end the military industrial complex…

Everytime we go through huge cuts in military spending, our enemies become emboldened, we get attacked, and then we have to build our military back up at an even greater cost.

Example 1: President Carter made huge military cuts, we had the Iran hostage crisis. His military cuts were so deep that the rescue operation that he ordered could not be executed properly. President Reagan got elected an d had to rebuild the military at a higher cost.

Example 2: Klinton cut our military in half. Then came 9/11. Then President Bush had to build the military back up at a higher cost.

You see the obvious trend here is that Democrat presidents cut, our military, make us weak or be perceived as weak by our enemies, we get attacked, a Republican has to step in and do what has to be and done.