'Wear the hijab or I'll kill you, cousin told girl'

A man threatened to kill his cousin and harm her family after she decided to stop wearing the traditional Muslim headscarf, a court has heard.

Mohamed Al-Hakim, 29, allegedly phoned Alya Al-Safar to tell her she must die because of the ‘shame’ she had brought – leaving her too afraid to leave the house.

He had already branded her family ‘bitches and whores’ because of her decision, the court heard.

Read more: Muslim woman told ‘wear the hijab or I’ll kill you’ by cousin | Mail Online

So is this jerk mainstream Muslim or radical?

All that I know is that such things are not coming from the men in my wife’s family.

To me, ‘radical’ implies that they are miltant toward all that don’t believe as they do. This case seems like a staunch male chauvinist of the middle-eastern variety that takes such beliefs to the extreme. I believe that there are more of these types of people than we know about.

Mainstream or radical? Based upon my definition of radical, he is probably somewhere in between. He is only interested in terrorizing women within his own family to preserve the male domination/chauvinism of their heritage. He’s a real tough guy, huh?

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:2, topic:28897”]
All that I know is that such things are not coming from the men in my wife’s family.

To me, ‘radical’ implies that they are miltant toward all. This case seems like a staunch male chauvinist of the middle-eastern variety that takes such beliefs tp the extreme. I believe that there are more of these types of people than we know about.

Mainstream or radical? Based upon my definition of radical, he is probably somewhere in between. He is only interested in terrorizing women within his own family. He’s a real tough guy, huh?
[/quote]I would say he is a prefect example of a weinee and not a man

:machinegu