We're Delaying Vacation In Order To Override Obama's Veto Of 9/11 Bill

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Tuesday that the Senate will take up an expected veto override of legislation that lets families of 9/11 victims sue Saudi Arabia in U.S. courts before breaking for the elections.“Both of those we’ll have to deal with before we depart,” McConnell told reporters.
He was referring to the veto override and a separate push to block a proposed arms sale to Saudi Arabia.
The Senate is scheduled to be in session through early October, but lawmakers were hoping to leave town as soon as this week until after the election.
McConnell said Tuesday that it’s “safe to say” the Senate will be in session next week.

McConnell: We’re Delaying Vacation In Order To Override Obama’s Veto Of 9/11 Bill - Matt Vespa

Do you believe it or will we see a Boehner. A last minute give away as usual. I believe it was 17 Oaks who pointed out that members of the families of 9-11 were given millions already.

Honestly I don’t get it. Why go after S.A. with a lawsuit? A country isn’t responsible for everything that is done by it’s citizens as far as I know. To apply that logic would mean that S.A. was somehow supporting the attack & as far as I know that’s wasn’t the case.
As far as selling weapons to them or for that matter anyone, let’s face it. If we sold a BB gun to the Amish sooner or later they would use it to attack us. That’s just the way it is.

While I think that there are those who were involved with 9-11 considering most of the terrorists came from that nation I feel this will led into a expanded war which will precipitate a world war. Yes I know this is a conspiracy theory but talk has been said about obama trying to remain in power and with what we have seen of the democrats and the GOP he might even try it.

Okay you say obama will veto it but will he? Perhaps what we will see is an attempt to manipulate the people into not realizing what the real game is. Hillary is barely standing up and Kaine is accusing Trump of violence when it has been the democrats who are guilty.

I am against it for several reasons:

We are at war, 9/11 was not an isolated incident, suing turns thing into a war for pay, does this mean that Japan can sue the US for dropping Nukes, and the lists of those injured in war is VERY VERY LONG.

Does a soldier and his family have a right to sue also or the soldiers just the cannon fodder for those who seek money for themselves as if a few dollars will bring back the dead or make the injured whole again.

Last, but far from least all the folks have received $ MILLIONS already and are now being driven by nothing but greed!

Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy without a constitution. It is a family run operations with more princes that you can shake a stick at and they control the nation’s wealth. It is impossible to separate the ruling class from the country.

In any event, there is no time pressure on the bill; it could be taken up again next year. The internet surrender, on the other hand, is time sensitive with a September 30th deadline. Both are basically nonpartisan issues. Maybe Congress could drop the objectionable portion of the 9/11 bill in exchange for Obama holding off on the internet transfer. It would save Obama from an embarrassing veto override. I suppose this is just wishful thinking on my part; they just want to get out of Dodge, go home and get re-elected while Obama flies around, on the job, on our dime stumping for Hillary.

Somebody has to stump for Hillary she is not up to it./sarcasm