What are the concerns of 20-or-30-something conservative voices?

What do most conservative 20-or-30-something voters think about the current republican party?

I found this:

Young Republicans favor same-sex marriage | Pew Research Center

We know that increasing support for same-sex marriage (as if it hasn’t been legalized) is more of a current generation thing.

But what are the other concerns the young conservatives and Republicans have?

I’m a 20 to 30 something and I’m socially conservative, especially on marriage and abortion, so it really depends on who you ask.

I understand. I can’t stereotype everybody, but there is a trend among younger conservatives or republicans. I know that the link I posted might have confused republicans with conservatives.

I wonder if this is one more “push-poll” structured to get a result - or just fabricated; the purpose being to show us fuddy-duddies how square and out-of-it we all are.

It won’t work. Right is right; nature is what nature is; homosexual sodomy is a perversion - and yes, a crime against nature. Marriage is the CELEBRATION of a permanent mating bond, generally to procreate, although that’s up to the individual. It’s a cultural/religious celebration of a status - but it reflects what is natural, normal, and properly channeled.

We don’t celebrate anonymous sex in cars. We don’t celebrate unwed pregnancy. We don’t celebrate, or shouldn’t, someone who has taken numerous wives.

And we should not hold up as equal to a stable married pair, two sodomites playing Hide-The-Salami.

When it comes to the marriage question I’m more concerned with the purpose of marriage. God instituted marriage so that children would be brought up in a permanent, stable home. It takes a man and a woman to make a child, therefore the child has a right to be brought into the world and educated about the world and be nurtured by and cared for and loved by both birth parents, any less than that is a violation of the rights of the child.

While I also agree with the stance of the Catholic Church on sexuality, I also understand the confusion the times and the media have caused, and how incredibly difficult it can be to come out of sexual sin once caught up in it. I’m not in favor of revisiting sodomy laws, at least not right now, but the only legitimate interest the government has in marriage is the encouragement of the secure bringing up of more responsible citizens. If it forgoes that, it may as well have nothing at all to do with marriage and leave it to religious organizations.

I wish that you guys could back off on the gay marriage issue so far as CIVIL ceremonies are concerned. I have known many gay people, and it’s not a choice; it’s who they are. This is one of issues that costs us elections.

If you talking about religious ceremonies, I am all with you. The liberals said that they would leave the churches alone, but once they got the civil ceremonies settled, they went after the churches. Liberals are liars, and they can’t keep their word. There are potential gay allies out there with respect to the size of government, taxes and excessive regulation. Please, let’s separate religious dogma from government. If you don’t you going to end up losing everything.

Why is it in the interest of the United States of America to wed two people of the same sex?

The only interest a country has in marriage is to promote procreation and child rearing, both of which are best done with one member of each gender represented, preferably the natural parents. If the government has no interest in promoting stable cogender relationships for its citizens to be raised in, it has no interest in marriage and should turn leave it to religious institutions.

There are also civil benefits that are provided to married couples that are not provided to single people. That is the reason for gay marriage and civil unions.

So far procreation goes many people are born these days without the benefit of marriage. Living together has become quite socially acceptable.

When I see two gay or lesbian people successful raising a child, I find that far more commendable to a male tom cat who goes out and fathers children without taking any responsibility for them. Some men think that fathering many child makes him “a man.” All it it really shows is that he is a worthless, self indulgent pleasure drone.

We don’t need more people these days. What we need are more children we are raised in a loving, responsible manner.

Those boys exist because with rampant divorce rates and a populace confused about sexuality, especially with government schools reinforcing the wrong message, this country has forgotten what marriage really is and replaced it with whatever Disney influenced flowery love and butterfly feelings and rainbows we’ve thought it into being.

Those civil benefits are conferred to incentivize the birth and raising of new citizens. It does not at all benefit the populace to confer on same gender couples, and replacing the once common yet now ideal opposite sex couple parents with same gender parents does children a disservice.

And yes, of course we need more people. More people is what makes our economy work. If we don’t make more people we have no one to sell the things we make to, the economy tanks, and we all lose our jobs. Right now our growth rate is .07% and our birth rate is steadily falling. If it continues to fall, eventually there will be no American people left to govern. There is a reason God told us to be fruitful and multiply.

[quote=“Sendgop, post:6, topic:49260”]
I wish that you guys could back off on the gay marriage issue so far as CIVIL ceremonies are concerned. I have known many gay people, and it’s not a choice; it’s who they are. This is one of issues that costs us elections.

If you talking about religious ceremonies, I am all with you. The liberals said that they would leave the churches alone, but once they got the civil ceremonies settled, they went after the churches. Liberals are liars, and they can’t keep their word. There are potential gay allies out there with respect to the size of government, taxes and excessive regulation. Please, let’s separate religious dogma from government. If you don’t you going to end up losing everything.
[/quote] BS. SG. I have no doubt that there are people who prefer sex with their own gender and lust after others of the same sex. That doesn’t mean that they are COMPELLED to engage in homosex…just that they WANT to. In this age of “instant gratification” or “if it feels good, just DO it,” what everyone loses sight of is DOING something because you WANT to doesn’t make what you DO right, good, moral or even legal. Followers of Sharia WANT to perform clitorectomies on their women, keep their women covered from head to toe, prohibit them from going outside when not in the company of an adult male relative and even commit “honor killings.” That doesn’t make ANY of that nonsense right, good, moral or legal.

This is patently false, if a simple law was drafted in each State that proclaimed “In this State all civil unions will be subject to all the same responsibilties and benefits that are recognized within the marriage contract” it would pass in every State by next week; but no such legislation has ever been suggested, supported or even discussed by the queer mafia.

This has NOTHING to do with any benefits or perks, this is one hundred percent about spitting on Christians with the force of government to express the blinding hatred of Christians by the queer mafia.

They want to bastardize the religious institution of marriage because they despise the followers of the God who created it.

As I often say (and which Pappadave alluded to), homosexuality isn’t about nebulous feelings. It’s about choices to act. I’ve had some online friends who identify as homosexual, and two were practicing. They knew I didn’t agree with their lifestyle, although they knew I didn’t scorn or hate them for it.

I have no interest in kissing up to every demographic to win elections.

Hogwash. The civil unions, maybe. Marriage, no. It’s a move to try to force conservatives to accept their lifestyle as “legitimate.” And the activists behind the scenes are trying to destroy the traditional family.

The queer mafia’s disdain for Christianity is especially directed at Catholics. Ever notice how their “demonstrations” always seem to include one or two dressed up as pseudo-nuns? Two such even tried to take communion once at St. Paul’s in New York.

There’s an explanation for that: MENTAL ILLNESS.

It seems strongly correlated with homosexuality. But whatever it is…only unhinged persons would deliberatly seek to mock and profane someone else’s sacred religious rituals. I have no use for Moslems; it wouldn’t break my heart to see mosques blown up.

But I’m not going to sneak in and scream a Jewish prayer. There’s no cause for that, except to cause hate and dissension.

Only someone who’s unbalanced would find it so important to mock and blaspheme the religious ceremonies of others.

Being a Young “Republican” I am fiscally conservative but am more liberal socially. Really it depends on what social issue we are discussing.

Legalization of Marijuana - States right issue. Wouldn’t vote for it but have no issue with it being treated like tobacco.
Same Sex Marriage - States rights issue. Would vote for it but have no issue with it being legal so long as religious rights are upheld.
Abortion - Again State rights issue. Only support it in cases where the mothers live is in danger.

As I said it depends on the issue. With all issue I prefer them to be left up to each state. The US was not designed to act as one country, like other European countries, we are too big for that and as we know “one size fits all” policy making is disastrous as it hurts more than it helps.