What the Scriptures say about "abominations"

Here are some pretty cool scripture verses on how God views abominations and of what those abominations consist.

“If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13)

[SUP]16 [/SUP]Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [SUP]17 [/SUP]Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [SUP]18 [/SUP]A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [SUP]19 [/SUP]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. (Proverbs 6:16-19)

[SUP]15 [/SUP]He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, both are abominable before God. (Proverbs 17:15)

[SUP]9 [/SUP]Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, [SUP]10 [/SUP]Nor the effeminate, nor liers with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor railers, nor extortioners, shall possess the kingdom of God. [SUP]11 [/SUP]And such some of you were; but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

[SUP]8 [/SUP]But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, they shall have their portion in the pool burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. (Revelation 21:8) *[Interesting that St. John uses the term “second death” to describe hell.]

Good example of why many Atheists are Atheists. And in reference to this

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, they shall have their portion in the pool burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. (Revelation 21:8) *[Interesting that St. John uses the term “second death” to describe hell.]
Sorry but a Christian threatening me with hell is like a hippie threatening to punch me in my aura.

He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, both are abominable before God. (Proverbs 17:15)

I use this all the time when people protest the words I use, wickedness may be “legal” in many cases but that is not “justification” for any decent person to hold their tongue when speaking about these things.

Many of our “laws” condemn the Just as well but that does not change what is Just, allowing government to provide these definitions for you is simply worshiping government as god.

Holding your tongue isn’t justifying evilness. I’m not sure what you’re referring to but it sounds to me like you’re talking of speaking out on someone that you believe has done wicked? Wouldn’t that be judging them?

Absolutely correct, RET. My favorite is: “Woe to those times when evil is perceived as good, and good is perceived as evil.” (Isaiah 5:20)

I refer to Homosexuals as “perverts” because their behavior is “Perverted”. The fact that it is “legal” and the fact that I would not change that does not make the action any less perverted or any more acceptable.

This comes up often when people attempt to justify using government force to take over the religious institution of marriage in order to reverse its definition. It comes up when people try to justify forcing private citizens and groups to hire or do business with Queers as well, even worse when they try to justify allowing them to adopt defenseless children.

Allowing the legality of this behavior to control how direct I will be when I contribute to these debates in society means that I am allowing those who condemn what is Just to control the content of the opposing views argument. This means I am depriving those still deciding of a clear picture.

I picked one issue but this applies to many arenas. And of course I make these “judgments”, if one never renders a judgment on an issue it means that person has no foundational beliefs that would encompass such issues.

I do not condemn any individual, I have seen many find the light who seemed impossibly lost and most who have known me for many years would say that I was as big an example of evil as any. But none of that alters what is Right and Wrong; the people who do not mince words have the courage of conviction, that is an earned privileged.

There is such a thing as contributing to evil when one who recognizes the evil is silent. It’s sort of like when a bunch of people watch someone being robbed or beaten and do nothing to stop it. Cowardly, too. Who was it that said, “Evil thrives when good men do nothing”? (or something to that effect)

As far as “judging”, I’ve already addressed how that is frequently taken out of context and claimed to say that we should never judge anyone for any reason, which just isn’t so. The scripture in question goes on to set up the scenario where judgment is not only approved, but recommended. There is also the statements of Jesus that we would “know them by their fruits.”