What will happen in DC?

While we can spot trends, I don’t know whether trends themselves can be a 100% indicator of what’s going to happen. I think there might be room for some pure speculation in political discourse. Trends may play the majority part in what will happen in the future, but I’m being a realist-optimist now.

I can only speculate a republican president and/or legislature in 2016 or 2020.

What do you think is going to happen?

The American public starting October 1st (2013) will see first hand just how screwed up Obamacare really is and will call for change. The Democrats will die by it and wont be able to run from it, and they will lose seats in the Senate and the Hous of Reps. How many seats in the senate is to be seen. I will tell you that a storm this big could change political power in a very short period of time. You’d be surprised depending on the toxicity of the problem. Then the financial crisis will hit and the American people will realize that the democrats couldn’t get us out of it, but rather prolonged it, and made it worse, and will elect the opposition. I see a full republican majority in the entire federal government (congress/White House) come 2016.

You can’t fool the American public twice in a short period of time like this. They will wake up.

OT: If a miracle happens and Obama gets impeached, which I’m not going to count on, then we will get a Republican President sooner, and to be honest we will see good changes and our country turning around much sooner.

Absolutely nothing, it’s what Congress is best at.

No, they don’t do nearly enough “nothing;” I would sleep better if they did…

True, they do manage to produce a “continuing resolution” every few months as opposed to an actual budget, so I suppose they do the bare minimum required of them.