What's for Christmas Dinner?

My wife protested the Bird and Pig, traditional Christmas dinners, this year. Says she wants something festive, but not Turkey,or Ham.
So, I will post the Menu at Tiny’s. Hope you’ll do the same.

Choice cut Rib Roast, medium rare.(I am also baking a Ham, for more leftovers)
Lasagne rolls(my daughter won’t eat Ham or Prime Rib)
Potato and celery root, au gratin
Broccoli and rice casserole
Baked oyster stuffing, with almonds.
Yorkshire Pudding
Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts
Apple Walnut Salad
Dijon Deviled Eggs
Caramelized Butternut Squash
Yeast Rolls
Sweet potato pie
Apple Pie

I cannot wait, but after this, it is Diet City.
By the Next Holiday Season, I hope to be a lot Tinier.

Whatcha Eatin’?

We have a traditional Mexican Christmas.(I cannot remember the names of some of the dishes at the moment)

Wow, how many people are you feeding ?

We are having Tenderloin roast and pumpkin and apple pie. That’s all I know now. My wife also doesn’t like having turkey again even though we don’t get turkey any other time of year. :angry:

My (Italian) wife usually makes some kind of pasta as well.

[quote=“Bucks, post:3, topic:32964”]
Wow, how many people are you feeding ?

We are having Tenderloin roast and pumpkin and apple pie. That’s all I know now. My wife also doesn’t like having turkey again even though we don’t get turkey any other time of year. :angry:

My (Italian) wife usually makes some kind of pasta as well.

[/quote]I have a few coming, and I take plates to elderly people who are alone.
I did a Beef Wellington,a few years ago.
Seared a center cut Tenderloin. Let it rest.
Cover with thin coat of Dijon mustard.
Puree cremini, portabello and button cap mushrooms. Sautee over medium heat, until water is mostly gone.
Pack mushrooms on beef. Wrap with Parma Ham. Wrap in puff pastry and coat with egg wash.
Bake on 350, until golden and meat suits your taste. I take mine out at about 135 degree internal. (Rare side of Medium rare)
Delicious. Enjoy the tenderloin. Merry Christmas.

There we go. Had to make a couple changes, but now it’s ready for me. When do we eat!

We eat the same as on Thanksgiving: Turkey, stuffing, etc. etc.
Don’t ask me why.

We do pretty much, too. Turkey, dressing, potatoes & gravy - used to always do cranberry relish, but can’t this year since I’m in the process of major dental overhaul, doing cranberry sauce instead. Pie - usually apple pie, because I usually have home-canned apple pie filling.

I have nothing special planned to eat on Christmas but I do plan on seeing Dr. Who that night. There is a firefly marathon going as well that day

Same thing at my house. But I love it.

We may have fessenjoon.

Cool. I thought I was the only one

[quote=“CaliforniaCatholic, post:11, topic:32964”]
Cool. I thought I was the only one
[/quote]No, CC,I think we all fell into that rut.
tperkins, we eat at 2pm on Sunday. Hope to see you there. You only need to eat, what you like, but that Butternut Squash, is awesome.

My wife made a very delicious batch of fessenjoon on Christmas Day. It is a dish unlike anything any other that I have ever known.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:13, topic:32964”]
My wife made a very delicious batch of fessenjoon on Christmas Day. It is a dish unlike anything any other that I have ever known.
[/quote] I looked upthe recipe. Looks delicious. I love pomegranates. I have a bush in by backyard. Love the walnuts,too. Probably very scrumptious.

Everyone seems to have different twist on it…mainly by shifting the balance between sweet and sour. The other aspect that makes it a bit difficult is being able to grind the walnuts into the finest grains possible which is required for the walnut-pomegranite sauce. The closer to a powder, the better. I can’t cook worth a darn but, my son and I were commonly drafted for taking turns at chopping up the walnuts by hand. That is, until I bought my wife a grinder.

The other aspect is the rice on which it is served. Like most Persian dishes, it is served over fluffy rice that is seasoned with saffron.

It’s actually supposed to be promounced as ‘fessenjawn.’ However, the Tehran accent of Farsi changes it to fessenjoon. Most words with spellings that indicate that it should end with the ‘awn’ sound are pronounced as ‘oon’. It makes it very difficult for me to learn Persian (Farsi). It like trying learn English from people that have a Bostonian accent.